Starting my slim and save journey 1st jan 2014 if the pack arrives by then...

Omg i soo miss uni n living out :'( now that i am bk home in sheffield bk with the family not allowed to do anything of my free will soo annoying not that i ask for much on a social basis as no longer have student loans to help me out financially hehe hence my final pg yr was spent being a hermit haha bt seriously my parents urghh so traditional and what not jeez it feels like the past four yrs dint appen and i dint live out and survive grrr even to go out and stay round at friends ends up in a argument...when thats one of the main ways to stay in touch and still have potential nite outs undercover hehe....im 24 gna b 25 sooon n they js dnt seem to get it mumz worse then dad, dad has his good moments at the best of times....relii need to sort my driving out bt keep failin on the theory test by one mark wich is reli infuriating....??? if i stay in me room its rong if i wna go out its rong if i dnt go out its rong feels like i cnt win n being jobless reli aimt helping least work wudv helped me get out of the house ??... I love my family n parents espec bt they js dnt seem to get that i have my own opinions on life now...and that i wudnt tke the complete mick n be out evry nite bt mayb once or twice a month is orite rite? Or am i being totally unreasonable and it dont help that they r hoarders and nver buy nething of use bt junk n nva wna throw owt out and also us kids get critisized by fam/others coz we dnt sort the house out coz theyv stopped talkin to parents abt it coz they never listen.....rite rant for the day is finished i think...sorry x

P.s hw can we edit out diary title? Wanted to put pix on page 5 in the title too in case ne one wnted to av a look at me before n current lol x

Last edited:
I'm getting good at deciphering the text speak! Yup! It's a generation thing even though I consider myself "youthful" in outlook ha!Ha! According to my 17 year old son his mates think I'm trendy! Does that mean cool? Don't answer that!

As for the family Priya been there and done that (though left home at 18 for Uni and never went back home! And guess it was easier in those days in a way maybe?) This sounds terrible advice (bear in mind I had to sneak out for nights out before Uni and my cousins would cover for me, I'm talking climbing out of windows dressed to the nines in the 80"s) and sneaking in the next day having left all my day clothes at a friends and walking in as if I'd left the house early!) but I would use reverse psychology on them if that makes sense? The fact you've been to Uni suggests that whilst your parents are traditional they are pretty opened minded and value good education.

As for driving test, come on get your act together sweetie! Learn it by rote and put in for the test again. Take your practical test as soon as you can after you pass your theory. I think it is great to get it done and dusted as soon as one can. Even if you don't drive for a while. My 17 year old passed his test before Christmas and whilst we do not intend getting him a car (much to his disappointment) he's sorted. At worst, if he doesn't drive until his mid 20's he'll take refresher lessons maybe but has his drivers licence. It does give one lots of freedom. Sorry I probably sound like a nagging Auntie!

To change title go to your first page, and click the edit sign box on the right hand side, then click go advanced. Eeks! I can do it but hope I've told you how to do it correctly? You may want to wait until some one more techy comes along and tells you how to change the title to your thread!

I'm getting good at deciphering the text speak! Yup! It's a generation thing even though I consider myself "youthful" in outlook ha!Ha! According to my 17 year old son his mates think I'm trendy! Does that mean cool? Don't answer that! As for the family Priya been there and done that (though left home at 18 for Uni and never went back home! And guess it was easier in those days in a way maybe?) This sounds terrible advice (bear in mind I had to sneak out for nights out before Uni and my cousins would cover for me, I'm talking climbing out of windows dressed to the nines in the 80"s) and sneaking in the next day having left all my day clothes at a friends and walking in as if I'd left the house early!) but I would use reverse psychology on them if that makes sense? The fact you've been to Uni suggests that whilst your parents are traditional they are pretty opened minded and value good education. As for driving test, come on get your act together sweetie! Learn it by rote and put in for the test again. Take your practical test as soon as you can after you pass your theory. I think it is great to get it done and dusted as soon as one can. Even if you don't drive for a while. My 17 year old passed his test before Christmas and whilst we do not intend getting him a car (much to his disappointment) he's sorted. At worst, if he doesn't drive until his mid 20's he'll take refresher lessons maybe but has his drivers licence. It does give one lots of freedom. Sorry I probably sound like a nagging Auntie!

Lmaoo ur nt nagging at alll n u dnt sound like a auntie u sound well kool :) glad u get wher im cuming frm lol....i knoww i proper regret nt sortin out me driving sooner i did attempt it bt bk then dad kept naggin me to work n do as much overtime as cud so tht wud av nuf for uni....did test one n failed so nva tried again cz bk then the world seemed endless n time nw nt soo sure lol...'gulp'....lool at u doinng undercover sessions naah they still appen nw n iv gta pic of u doin tht haha....tho i wud nver had the courage to sneak bk in haha so waited til uni best thing in me life......ur soo lucky u nva went bk hme i wudnt av either bt due to lack of funds and a last minute trip to india wit me mum put a stop to me plans bt trust 2015 sept hpefully b in london even if its for short term i dream big lol lets js hpe it apens haha....ur rite i am defo sortin this thing out before me 25th bday no mre faffin abt...gna book theory for first week of feb if there is a slot free lol xx

Its on the laptop or computer. I have an iPhone but I am never use any of the fancy functions let alone using the minis app though I use it sometimes to log on but through the full site.

I can only do changes on the laptop. I left home at 19 and never went back, could never have went back and lived with my mum again haha. I love her to death but my gawd does she do my head in after a couple of hours xx

Dont thi k you can change diary title on app need to do on laptop. If you still can't try going to where yout diary is listed, ie, meal replacement, slim and save and find ur diaty, then double click near the title amd it should allow u tonchange it.

Frustrating re parents, hope it sorts out, sorry can't offer advice x

I can only do changes on the laptop. I left home at 19 and never went back, could never have went back and lived with my mum again haha. I love her to death but my gawd does she do my head in after a couple of hours xx

Seriously if it wasnt for india n me aving to do a retake for uni wudb stayed out tbh....both r doin me nut in ryt nw :/ x

Just get out more so you don't need to spend loads of time at home x

Just get out more so you don't need to spend loads of time at home x[/QUOTE

They need reasons for me going out lol n i need income lol. No win win situation for me til i get a job :( lux like...and the rubbish thing abt going out for uni n it is the onli rubbish thing mind u is tht all ur skool n college friends hu stayed in sheffield av moved on with life so bk to zilch on the friends front except uni friends who live alone haah...bt mite go for a hrs walk wen hme dads draggin me to currys to buy a working wireless printer cz e wnts me to print off mee cv n get applying haha x

Keep applying I am sure you will get something. Have you registered with a temping agency? Just for something short term? It's always worth a try. I did temping when I was at Uni in between jobs and I enjoyed it as I got paid weekly and some roles were only for 2 weeks at a time others went on for several weeks over the summer holidays.

Yh have sorted my cv out will wrk on for the rest of the day to tweak it lol n improve it n tmo gna b on a job hunting mission n registering with all agencies tmo...gna sort my rooom out once n for alll with or without dads help coz iv decided he aint gna help n ez gna keep putting it off :/ c

Heads pounding, cravin for a pizza or sum kind of junk, spent the whole damn day so far with both parents who act like kids half the arguing over stupid things ?? helpp mee ressosst plzzz :( tmo ima doin ma own thing man allow evry one...gna sort me room out av a clean start allow waitin for ne one ima js throw evrything dwn the staires...'***** mood' rite abt nw...:/ x

Just think, if you give in and have pizza then your body will stay as it is. resist and you will have a nice loss on weigh day xx

K umm confession time ?? had one tiny popcorn chicken js the one which was oven baked..hping n praying it wont do too much damage for tmo n thurs weigh in ????....onwards n dwnwards x

Move on and don't have any more. All the effort you have put in since day 1 will be gone BAM! like that if you let a small piece of chicken be the excuse to have more. I know it sounds harsh but soooo want you to succeed. The more we "will" you to stick to it hopefully you will. Once you start having a tiny bit of this and that at this stage it can be a spiral hon but in the wrong direction. Brush your teeth if you are still wavering later on or have fizzy water even a zero coke if the fizzy water doesn't give you a full feeling. At worst have an extra pack but ideally just continuing and sticking to plan for now is the best thing. Sometimes people don't reach full ketosis until day 6 and that's when you stop feeling hungry and a lot better.

Look at the signatures of those who have stuck to plan (e.g. jewel and others) they have stuck to it for several weeks and lost and even lost a gain from a break over Christmas. How amazing is that! It is what has kept me going today thinking about that.

Aww I got a mention yay! Kira is right, having one small piece of chicken won't kill you. If you use it as an excuse to have more then it can spiral into a full on binge which I guarantee will not make you feel good. Just draw a line under it and continue on plan xx

What they said. Trying to find a way of putting it that wasn't too preachy. Kira got it just right. One little something can become to if you let it and then you'll keep having what you can get away with. Will definitely get easier. For me 4-5 days to stop feeling hungry but a couple of weeks for my mind games to calm down. Every time you stick with it and resist you'll be a bit stronger and that's when it gets better. Forget about the tiny piece of chicken and get back to it.

Back