Starting on a DD

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
Hi Guys, I'm starting JUDDD this week and will be away in Dublin for the weekend so I need my UD to be Thursday, Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday etc. I'm currently on Slim&Save and was intending on just carrying on with that until Wednesday and then starting with an up on Thursday.

However, I'm well and truly fed up with S&S and quite like the idea of starting with a DD on Wednesday after my WI. After weeks of not eating it would be heaven to have a cup of miso soup and a bit of fruit!

Is this okay? Is there any specific reason for starting on an UD, other than to give you the energy stores for the DD?

I will be doing low cal on Wednesday anyway, just a question of whether it will be a S&S day or my first proper JUDDD down day.

Hi Clare,

I reckon it depends on how you have been eating before you started JUDDD. For people who were previously eating normally (the kind of 'normal eating' that got them overweight ;)) their first DD will be the first time they do something different. They may say 'I'm starting JUDDD today with an UD', but as far as their bodies are concerned, it's just another day. But for you coming off a VLCD, an UD would be something different.

I've never done a VLCD, but isn't there usually a refeed phase, where you ease back into eating food? The calories you have on S&S are probably fairly similar to what you would have on a DD anyway. Johnson recommends using shakes for DD's during the first two weeks - although plenty of people ignore that and just use food.

If you want to make Wednesday a DD using food, go for it, and save your shakes for use on another DD if you want to. It won't do you any harm, since in terms of calories it's much the same. Just try not to go mad on your UD's.

Good luck,
Barbara

I'm just came over from s&s too and started on a DD. I wanted my DD to be a Monday and it made sense to make that the start of my official juddd journey! I didn't notice any diff although it was absolute heaven to have my first UD on the Tuesday!! :)

Thanks for the replies! I am going to start with my DD on Wednesday, I could use the S&S shakes but I have stocked up on sugar free jelly, low cal soup and snacks under 100cal so I'm going to give real food a go lol. I may use the shakes etc in the future if required :)

Back