Total Solution Starting on Monday 8 October!!

Thanks honey, Nothing more than any parent of a small child I guess :) add in the autism and you get a little more fun...He is being quite a challenge at the moment, shouting at me all day some days and others being good as gold. he decided to draw on our fairly newly papered living room wall today in crayon - managed to get 90% out with magic eraser but was SO cross. (he was also up at 4.30 am today, and 5 am yesterday) He refuses to walk at the minute so OH and I alternate between carrying him and /or dragging/buggying/sliding/scooting, whichever is appropriate and necessary. :-S I know everything he is doing is 'normal' for his age, but the autism kind of magnifies certain parts of his behaviour...so he has phases. (if I think of them as that they are easier to deal with!) which aren't so long in the grand scheme of things, but feel eternal when you're in them! one at the moment is that he doesn't love or like Mummy - perfectly normal I know with my rational head on! but said with such calm that it stings!
At present, his school have said they cannot cope with him (he has just received a proposed statement which we're finalising with school choice) they cannot officially exclude him as it is illegal with his diagnosis but in the mean time they now have him on Monday and Wednesday mornings (so I can still teach) and Thursday afternoons. I now home school Tuesday and Friday. Previously he was doing til 11.30 mon-fri. We have seen a school we like but it is in the next county (12 mins away though!) but we have extra panels to approve before he can go and the next meeting is May22. meantime a space has come up in Sept for a school in our county (20mins away) so we're going to look at it in a couple of weeks.

Looking at it written down it seems mad that I've allowed myself to get overwhelmed (to the extent of blubbing in the loo at one point so he didn't see) but I have and now am paying the price of emotional eating - its the first thing that goes. BUT I ordered my next box to come tomorrow as I'd run out and was just not in the right frame of mind to get more before. I feel I can stick to it as I've paid for it - just need to be bloody minded again and focus. I've also committed to the walk in June and have people sponsoring me already so really do have added incentive.

well there you go. Quite enough I think. ta for listening. ttfn X

Goodness Diva I think you are doing an amazing job. I can't imagine how painful it must be when he says things like that but you are strong enough to rationalise which is amazing. Fingers crossed for getting the closer school. County boundary issues are ridiculous. The one thing you can control is your diet so after your very understandable blip get back into it and forge ahead. It's the one thing you can do for yourself when the rest of your life involves taking care of others. Enjoy your singing too, it must be wonderful to see people improving and it's all because you are an amazing teacher! Think of that amazing dress you have which you will one day wear in concert. I will defiantly be sponsoring ou for your walk too. Just hang in there, there's an upturn on the way I'm sure of it. Sending you hugs :bighug:

Diva you are having a tough time of it with your wee one on wonder you are so emotional. I taught deaf children several of whom were on the autistic spectrum and I know it can be quite challenging finding a school that both he you and they are happy with. It will happen though and everything will start to fall into place.
Maybe this diet is just what you need because there are certain areas of your life you have no control over Exante is one area you can take control of.
Good luck with Exante and with your meetings to find a suitable place for your son. I was writing this as Angels post came up we are both thinking along the same lines two heads are better than one!
Mere x

Thanks for posting the link Angel.
Mere x

Hi Diva I have just made a small donation too. A very good cause.
Mere x

I'm not suprised you feel emotional and overwhelmed, it's hard enough looking after a young child but when you add in autism it makes it doubly or even triply hard. You are doing an amazing job and you deserve all the praise in the world, I'm not sure I could do it. I have friends with autistic children and know how hard it is for them on a daily basis, but if you're not getting any help from the school or anywhere else, it puts extra pressure on you. I hope you can find him a place where he'll be happy and get all the support he needs. And we're here to help you with the dieting side of things. xx

Angel, Mere and Jael - Thankyou so much for your kind words and support.:eek: (and the hug!) Also a huge thankyou for your donations and promoting me - that means a lot.
I feel I am getting back into the saddle - got to remember that I will probably fall out again, but that I have a lot of help to get back again. :) note to self - you don't have to do everything on your own!
I was allowed out to play last night and drank lots of gin- sore head this morning, but we put the world to rights I think! is better to do that on here for the most part as I don't drink and get hungover!
well, coffee now and prep for Mummy school...bit of art, english and maths. (drawing postcards and then writing them then some symmetry work!)
Thanks again all. your'e ace!! XXXX

You have a busy day Diva at least that leaves less time for thinking about food or drink!
Mere x

Yeay Diva got to go out to play!! About time you had some downtime but I have to question your decision on the Gin..... Eeeeeeewwwwwww... My mother outlaw is convinced I will learn to love gin but its like drinking perfume to me.
Glad you had a fun night. Hope Huw enjoyed his mummy school. Great idea with the postcards! Hope the sun shines for the weekend for you to get out and about. X

Yeay Diva got to go out to play!! About time you had some downtime but I have to question your decision on the Gin..... Eeeeeeewwwwwww... My mother outlaw is convinced I will learn to love gin but its like drinking perfume to me.
Glad you had a fun night. Hope Huw enjoyed his mummy school. Great idea with the postcards! Hope the sun shines for the weekend for you to get out and about. X

I can't stand gin either.
Mere x

Didn't like it or drink it for years then tried Bombay blue sapphire with tonic and lime and rather liked it! Don't have it as often these days so prob seemed a bit of a lightweight! :)

Nothing wrong with a lightweight! Good night, minimal expenditure and minimum calories :) I don't think I've ever tried Bombay sapphire. Mother outlaw has Gordon's. well, gotta fly, table to lay and house devastation after puppygate to clear. Have a fun weekend in the sun :)

Well the concert was fab and I feel suitably ego-boosted!! Got my new box and start back strictly in the morning. :) hope all had a good weekend. Will no doubt be on here through the week as I get back to ketosis!! Ttfn x

Great news! How could it not go fabulously when it's someone with your talent :) really proud of you, I feel in awe of anyone with the courage to perform, especially solo. Hope your restart goes smoothly, drink lots and grit your teeth for 4 days you know the drill :) go for it !

Angel you are sweet! I am blushing:) I was on such a high afterwards too, I love it even tho I am nervous to start with - next weekend's one to concentrate on now!! I have started today with renewed vigour! (and Huw slept well and didn't appear til 6.30!! yay) had coffee before drop off and as I'm not teaching back at school til next week, I came home and dusted, hoovered and cleaned the floors. now am having a second coffee and some water with my porridge. pick up at 11.30 so got a bit of play time! I gardened yesterday once we were back from Warwick (didnt think I would!) and ache today, but it's a good ache I think!
Hope all have fabby days - the sun is shiiiiiiining!!!! ttfn X

You have been a busy little bee.
Enjoy your down time.
Mere x

thanks Mere :) just printing out some music for the concert this weekend then a cuppa. tomorrow at least I'll be busy being Mummy teacher with Huw! Hope all is good with you X

Are you home schooling Huw, if you are that is brave.
Mere x

hi Mere,
Just for a couple of days at the moment while we are sorting out a different school! it is ok while it is still a novelty to him but I can imagine him becoming bored quite quickly.....should be no longer than this term at any rate. :)

x

Back