STARTING ON MONDAY

Just bumping this up as I made some cheese in preparation for tomorrow. Mine is a lot smoother than bought cottage cheese, mixed with salt and cracked pepper, it's a bit like the pepper Boursin, so will have that with galette tomorrow and it may just save me from Thursday boredom. A litre of milk made 2-3 decent sized portions.

Thumbs up from me:D. Thanks again!

Just bumping this up as I made some cheese in preparation for tomorrow. Mine is a lot smoother than bought cottage cheese, mixed with salt and cracked pepper, it's a bit like the pepper Boursin, so will have that with galette tomorrow and it may just save me from Thursday boredom. A litre of milk made 2-3 decent sized portions.

Thumbs up from me:D. Thanks again!

I'll just have to have a go at making cheese now! I guess I need to buy 'proper' skimmed milk - not the UHT I'm using for the yoghurt?

Think it would be better with fresh milk - we have UHT here and it wasn't cottage cheese consistency - still good though:D, so worth trying both!

Glad to hear it worked!

If UHT is all that is available, I think adding just a little more lemon juice might help to form the curds - you may need to experiment a bit to find the right amount!

Back