Starting on Saturday!! (A little confused!)

Hello Everyone! I've been looking at this forum for a couple of days and went to the Pharmasist yesterday and am all stocked up to start on Saturday!
I currently weigh 11st 9lbs and althought I am just about to tip toe into the 'healthy' BMI I am still a size 16!!! :sigh: I wish I had known about LT earlier as I have worked my not-so-little backside off to lose 5 stone (but only 2 dress sizes??!) since having my beautiful little boy 17 months ago!
Just wanted to say a big thanks to you all for all the great info on here, my 'Pharmasist' (i am doubtful she is qualified) didn't give me any info, or even weigh me!! I was in and out within 10 minutes, £36 worse off and none the wiser! But i'm sure with your help i'll get there. I have roughly 2.5 stone to lose, although Pharmasist lady told me 'you'll be lucky!' and that i wont last 2 weeks!
Does anybody excersise while on LT? I've been told not to but I loooove the gym, and am running 5k for Race for life next week so would love to hear your opinions!
Anyway i'll shut up now! Looking forward to getting to know you all better :)
Lucy xx

weight.png

Hi Lucy,

Welcome to MiniMins and best of luck on your Lipotrim journey.

Personally I would think you would be much better off waiting until after you do Race For Life as you will need your glycogen store to give you energy and on the first week of a vlcd the weight you lose is mostly glycogen and water.

If you click on the link below it will show you how to put your weight ticker into your signature.

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19172-how-setup-weight-loss-ticker-tickerfactory-com.html

Eeesh your pharmacist sounds pretty harsh - I suggest going somewhere else - you have to be weighed and your BMI recorded etc really to see it all working - the pharmacist has a responisbility to make sure you're doing it right and staying healthy.

When you decide to do this diet (and I'd agree with Mini about doing it after RFL) you will lose weight if you stick to it 100%. You don't need to exercise and a lot of people find they don't have the energy to do so either - but if you do want to exercise to keep toned take it easy. Don't go in to it thinking you'll have your normal levels of energy. Your body will be running on less than 500 calories a day - and it will be a shock to the system.

Good luck on your run - and good luck with the diet. Remember we're all here for moral support and behind you all the way xx

Best of luck in the run and the diet. I exercise on LT and the odd time I get muscle cramp very quickly but mostly I've found it easier cause my stomach's not uncomfortable. I was just at Tag rugby tonight and I row 3 nights a week at my local club I avoided the gym this week just cause it was my first week and the thought of cramping on the tredmill in a crowded gym didn't appeal to me. I think definitely drink bucket and buckets of water though. well very best of luck again

I agree about finding another chemist, that is not on they are to weigh you and take your blood pressure and explain about the diet...in fact I would probably report her as she is not doing her job properly.

After the race for life would be best as you can feel pretty weak in the first few days.....Good luck for both the run and the diet

Thanks everyone! I would love to go to a different chemist but its the only one that does LT for 40 miles! I think she's just bitter as she has lost and regained on LT several times.
Anyway I start tomorrow and am feeling very excited! Will let you know how i get on :)

Back