starting refeed today !

well day 2 over me,:p didnt exactly go as planned had to re time my meals! was goin to horse show, so instead of shake for brekie, i had tuna salad around 11 then had my shake in jeep on way to show around 2 (figuring that i better not go hungry or i might eat out of a chip van!;)) so then i had my chicken salad when i came home around 9.:D

was thining about what jan said and not wanted chicken salad again tommor so seeing as its sunday and i can have a potato i going to have roast chicken dinner tommor with no gravy!:D

is all veg ok to eat on day 3? :rolleyes:

I echo both of these statements and am copying here part of the refeed sheet ...

DAY 1.

Have 2 Lipotrim servings and one meal, as follows (men continue to have 2 servings, as before, while women take 1 less serving of Lipotrim).

at lunchtime or evening meal time you may have some skinless, boneless chicken breast or white fish fillet, or some skinless turkey (about 4-6ozs.) The fish or chicken may be steamed, microwaved, baked or cooked with a little water in a non-stick pan. Season with salt and pepper. Or you may have tuna fish in water or brine (drained). Vegetarians may use tofu or quorn.

You may also have either a moderate serving of salad (small breakfast bowl) from any of the following: lettuce, cucumber cress and watercress, tomatoes, mushrooms, onions, peppers, bean sprouts, celery dressed with a little lemon juice or wine vinegar (try balsamic vinegar, it is quite special), or if you prefer, a moderate serving ( 2 heaped table spoons - no more)of some cooked vegetables. You may have bread, grains (rice) or pasta until Day 4. Fruit should wait until Day 4 at the earliest (later if you have carbohydrate problems). You can have milk in tea/coffee.

Obviously this is my highlighting .... I'm just a wee bit miffed that yet again LT are giving conflicting advice ....
Incidentally - they never did reply to my 2nd letter for those of you who remember about that - but I didn't send it recorded delivery so probably my own fault ...

ah well ... xx

I know Jan.....in fact I had another look at the refeed notes because I thought that maybe I got the info about tomotoes from somewhere else, but no,,,I have exactly the same info as you!
I am going to email them on Monday because it really stressed me out about the toms.....and just so annoying.....So, they will hear from me :)
I wondered what had happened with that letter, just not on at all....I suppose the fact they havent responded says it all really!

well day 2 over me,:p didnt exactly go as planned had to re time my meals! was goin to horse show, so instead of shake for brekie, i had tuna salad around 11 then had my shake in jeep on way to show around 2 (figuring that i better not go hungry or i might eat out of a chip van!;)) so then i had my chicken salad when i came home around 9.:D

was thining about what jan said and not wanted chicken salad again tommor so seeing as its sunday and i can have a potato i going to have roast chicken dinner tommor with no gravy!:D

is all veg ok to eat on day 3? :rolleyes:

Hi Nicolas...just read your email, so I am too late to even reply :)
Hope you enjoyed your Sunday roast chicken!
Hopefully catch up with you tomorrow.

I hope you get a decent response Iris .... It's just irritating to think that we've all done the refeed exactly to the sheet only to find that the sheet may be wrong ... They're still not doing themselves any favours IMO. It feels disloyal as I loved the diet and its' results but they really do let themselves down. It makes you think that perhaps as long as they're getting their money they're not that concerned about the people involved .... Sad really xx

I hope you get a decent response Iris .... It's just irritating to think that we've all done the refeed exactly to the sheet only to find that the sheet may be wrong ... They're still not doing themselves any favours IMO. It feels disloyal as I loved the diet and its' results but they really do let themselves down. It makes you think that perhaps as long as they're getting their money they're not that concerned about the people involved .... Sad really xx

I just wonder who the people are that respond to emails...have they actually tried the diet? Or is it just all theory!!! Not always good in my opinion..can know all the jargon, etc....but not to say you understand the people.

I will let you know what they say..they always respond very quickly...lets see how quickly they respond tomorrow.

I was a bit miffed about refeed because I had an extra 5 packs, so only needed 3 for this week, but they made me buy another weeks worth - 21 packs!!! Just not right..why couldnt they let me buy just 3 packs! I know this is the pharmacy, and my usual girl was on holiday and I just couldnt be bothered arguing as I was just excited abou refeeding!

What a pain! That IS the pharmacy though - mine will let you buy any amount .... again sometimes it's obvious that it's all about the money. I realise it's their business but they could at least pretend to be concerned about the individual.
I feel sorry for anyone trying to do this without the support of this forum - it must be really isolating and difficult to cope with.
I know you don't want to use the packs for maintenance, wanting to use just food for healthy eating but I'm sometimes glad of a pack or a bar when I'm in a hurry. I'm sure you'll use them up. xx

What a pain! That IS the pharmacy though - mine will let you buy any amount .... again sometimes it's obvious that it's all about the money. I realise it's their business but they could at least pretend to be concerned about the individual.
I feel sorry for anyone trying to do this without the support of this forum - it must be really isolating and difficult to cope with.
I know you don't want to use the packs for maintenance, wanting to use just food for healthy eating but I'm sometimes glad of a pack or a bar when I'm in a hurry. I'm sure you'll use them up. xx

I know Jan,,,I will probably take some with me to Turkey, plus I will need 7 for next week...I will go and get weighed this week, but wont buy any more packs....it is just so annoying.

weekend over on refeed

hi all, well weekend over me, i had my roast chicken dinner, had mash potato with no butter but a bit of skimmed milk, had carrot broccili & peas not sure if they were right veg or not to eat, and had a wrap for lunch, was lovely,
went to cinema after work yest asked for an aisle seat because knew would be leavin to go to loo! so drank my 2 ltrs of water while kids & hubby devoured popcorn & coke!!

hope every1 had a good weekend ;)

Hiya, I thought the same about tomatoes, but when I check my calorie book right enough tomatoes have carbs in them as green veg nearly all have 0. Stuck to green veg with no carbs for the first 2 days and had them on Day 3. Thought surely if you can have a potato a wee tomato or 2 will do no harm.

I think the lady I see at the pharmacy has done LT she is very knowledgable and my pharmacy is quite stict like I think if you cheat twice you are off the programme and will only put on you maintainence. So I kinda trust, mind you I've had a few others and they themselves advise like the are listing their learned notes. So I trust the lady I see normally.

Nicola so glad you are enjoying your refeed and sound like you are doing well. I used to love chicken and turkey, but since I've started to eating I'm really into fish. Love it had steamed salmon for Sunday dinner and it was delish.

Aoife - I'm not saying which is right or wrong - that's the whole point really, we can't know, we can only go by what we're advised to do. What irritates me is the fact that LT themselves give different advice to different people or indeed the same people if they ask the same question twice.
Ignore me - it's a bug-bear of mine which goes back a long way as old-timers on here will remember.
You go by what feels right/makes sense to you xx

Jan,

I think you are brilliant and have been an inspiration to me. I do know what ye mean about the different advise and understand your frustration and to tell you truth I would believe this site over the pharmacy usually as people experiences here seem to be more real and have no ulterior motives. That's probably why I mentioned it, because to girl who deals with me is talking from experience, and seems to really know what she is talking about and generally is not into the money or selling the products etc. In fact she gave me the free samples last week so I didn't pay anything, and actually talked me out of buying anything else this week - secretly wanted to get a few extra shakes incase I messed up refeed.

But I thought I would put it out there, and see what you all thought on the matter because I value all your opinions.

I really thought your letters were brilliant and believe in Lipotrim diet, even though the service from the company does not match the diet.

Thank you.

hi all, well weekend over me, i had my roast chicken dinner, had mash potato with no butter but a bit of skimmed milk, had carrot broccili & peas not sure if they were right veg or not to eat, and had a wrap for lunch, was lovely,
went to cinema after work yest asked for an aisle seat because knew would be leavin to go to loo! so drank my 2 ltrs of water while kids & hubby devoured popcorn & coke!!

hope every1 had a good weekend ;)

Hi Nicola

Sounds as though you did well!!!!! Hope you enjoyed the cinema..what did you go and see?

Fancy mashed potatoes actually...I made some for hubby last night but I had my baked one! Isnt it strange that the simple things is what we want now rather than the stodge!!

Hope you are ok!!

Aoife - you seem to have areally good pharmacist there - you're lucky. Support is everything.

Thanks for your kind words too ;) xx

Back