Starting S&S on Thursday

Grandma

Totally Focused
Hi everyone

I was last on here losing weight in about 2009. Between January and October 2008 I lost over 10 stones and felt wonderful despite a horrendous year when my daughter produced twins at 26 weeks (they are now 5 and absolutely wonderful) and then my husband died very suddenly two weeks after his 60th birthday. In 2009 I met my (now) husband and I was so physically fit and able to walk miles with him and take part in 30 mile bike rides with no hesitation. We were married in 2010 and we moved from Hertfordshire to South Devon in 2012. Since I met him, I have put back on 7 stones! Contentment, the slow pace of life in Devon, retirement have all been contributory factors. The real reason is that I became complacent and just ate whatever I wanted - especially difficult when Mr Grandma is very fit, weighs 9 stone and can eat what he likes! I had a brief dalliance with CD in 2010 but lost nothing really so gave up.

So here I am, ready and raring to go, with my order placed for a month's supply of S&S and due to be delivered on Wednesday for a Thursday start.

Any support, advice, tips would be very welcome - it was this forum that kept me going in 2008 and I know the value of positive comments and friendship on here.

Thanks - and I look forward to keeping my diary on here after Thursday.

Grandma

here to follow Grandma, just a few weeks ahead of you, good luck on your journey xx

Good luck on your weight loss journey. I am a serial yo you dieter but am determined to stick to this and lose weight and stay at goal this time.

My packs arrived this morning so I've just gone through everything, read the booklet cover to cover, logged in to the meal planner online and got myself ready for my D day tomorrow - the day when I launch an assault on all my fat and the day when I begin my victory over obesity!

My packs arrived this morning so I've just gone through everything, read the booklet cover to cover, logged in to the meal planner online and got myself ready for my D day tomorrow - the day when I launch an assault on all my fat and the day when I begin my victory over obesity!

So THE day has arrived. I've made sure everybody knows what I'm doing so there is no excuse for failure! Here's to the future - my slimmer future!

Good luck, keep drinking that water and keep busy it really helps to take ur mind off food and failing. X

Hope Day 1 has went well for you Grandma xx

Re: Starting S&S on Thursday

Hi grandma. I am also live in south devon too! Such a small world. Hope your day 1 went well!

Its day 1 for me too!

Xx

Thank you for all your support and encouragement. My day 1 went very well and I was very pleasantly surprised by how good the flavours were. Day 2 has also gone very well and I'm looking forward to my spaghetti bolognese meal with courgettes tonight for dinner. I'm feeling good!

Here I am on Day 3 and feeling really good. I've stuck to this 100% so far so pleased with myself. Pleased with all the meals and enjoying planning what I'm going to be eating. Drinking loads of water - up to 3 litres already today so know this will be successful. :)

Here I am on Day 3 and feeling really good. I've stuck to this 100% so far so pleased with myself. Pleased with all the meals and enjoying planning what I'm going to be eating. Drinking loads of water - up to 3 litres already today so know this will be successful. :)

Well done you! I'm on day 4 and doing great but struggling with the water. I'm doing a mix of cd and slim n save but love the slim n save flavours so much after next week im not having Cambridge products. Xxx

holly xxx

Thanks for all your support.

After Week 1 I am 9 pounds lighter!

:)

Well done Grandma, brilliant first week xx

Thank you! x

How are you getting on?

How are you getting on?

Hi Ruth, I'm good thanks. Loving being married again - its 3 years in September! - and living down here in Devon. Life is so much more laid back and the pace of life is so slow. It suits me! But, we've lots of hills to get up and down so I really have to shift this weight. I put 7 stone back on from my CWP days although I kept it off for 2 years then it slowly crept on again through my own fault.

How's you?

xx

Well done on your first week:happy096:

Thanks, Mini - and thanks for the birthday messages that I've never failed to receive! Its lovely to be back on here and to rediscover some old friends! xx

Back