Starting S&S today

shellb65

Hello I am new to s&s :) I am starting the VLCD diet today, I read that you can only do the diet for 3 months and then have to come off for a week, do you have shakes and a meal for a week or just eat healthy for a week? I know I can carry on with the VLCD after the week but I am a bit confused :confused: any advice would be greatly received x

I am starting this week also....I havent heard that before to be honest have you asked for advice on the S&S web site - have found them very good for information etc.

It is called refeed. Instructions on s&s website and we have a refeed section on the forum. :)

It is called refeed. Instructions on s&s website and we have a refeed section on the forum. :)

Oh I did wonder if it was called refeed, thank you.

I started the diet today, and so far so good apart from having to empty my bladder many times lol, but im sure it will be worth it in the end :)

On LL they keep on the 4 packs a day but add a pint of skimmed milk every day for a week. That ups the calories without eating conventional food - some people find it tough getting back to the diet after a break week.

At the end of day 1 now... Been thinking about food all evening and now lying in bed sooooo hungry :( headache and rumbling belly :( what to do? X

A little late now but I fnd hot drinks help take the hunger away. Especially something like Marigold Bullion which fools me into thinking I've had another pack.

Ahh thankyou :) will try that this evening ended up taking some paracetmol and trying to get to sleep! Felt great all day today until about 3ish and been hungry ever since even though I've had my spaghetti Bol sachet for dinner! Going to try and wait an hour then have decaf coffee and my bar :( hate going to bed hungry though... Even if it is emotional hunger :/

Hi Desperate!! I know that emotional hunger feeling.....agree hot drinks really help! Best of luck hun!

Bea

Yer they do help actually thanks :) I'm finding bed time the hardest think it's because that's when I would normally sneak down stairs to have a massive binge :( then Id feel satisfied and be able to settle and sleep :( any other ideas to get that feeling? :/ how are you doing? X

Hi Desperate it does get easier, my first 2 days were the worse, I am coming to the end of day 3 and have not felt hungry at all today, but if I feel hungry at bedtime I tend to read a book in bed for a while, it takes my mind off food and also helps me to drift off to sleep, maybe this will help you. Good luck :)

Keep drinking lots of water that help or even splitting the pack in its dry form and saying half for on the evening.

It gets a lot easier as the days go on

Thanks, I've been drinking lots of water I do have to be careful as it gives me stabbing pains in my lower abdomen around the ovary area... This is an ongoing problem mind for years have yet another scan next week mind! It is defiantly all psychological hunger I'm getting now I would say so least thats a positive! Day 4 now and recon I'm on this till august ha! X

Back