starting slim and save on 12 oct ,

Try not to get discouraged. Once you get through those first 4 days you will be fine providing you stay off the carbs.
Drink as much water as you can in those first days to fill you up with a bloated feeling and ignore the hunger pangs because you know they will be gone.
Here's to your restart.

Yes, you will still be losing weight if you're not in ketosis yet and are sticking to the plan just as you would with any calorie restricted diet. When you're in ketosis you should find that you're less hungry than in the first few days when you start off. You should be in ketosis by about the 4th day or so which is why the first few days are so hard.

Good luck!

Just ordered my first batch

Hi
i too have justed ordered my first batch of S&S and hope to start wednesday!

i am excited and in need of support too and in return i can offer you all support :):)

Good luck size12in2012! The first few days are hard going but once you get into ketosis it becomes much easier. Just keep your eye on the end goal.

Yeah, the taste in your mouth is a bit of a give away, and not a nice taste either. And as Punkmilitia says your hunger will be supressed. It generally takes people until about day 4 to get into ketosis as long as they are 100%. Whatever you do don't cheat by reaching for carbs because you will end up out of ketosis and feel hungry and miserable throughout. If you do have a weak moment on this diet then have a 4th pack, or a tiny amount of protein like plain chicken or white fish but it really is much better to keep on track as any additional calories will affect your weight loss.

If you really want to check whether you're in ketosis you can buy some ketostix from Ebay or Amazon.

I am not doing S & S, but hope it is ok for me to chat on here. The dietimeal forum is very quiet.

I have done Exante before and also am very well versed in low carb diets. I am the numer one fan of ketosis lol

I look forward to chatting to you all :)

Yes of course you can join in, the more the merrier. VLCDs are all very similar anyway.

And I agree. From my research some are literally the same products. So may be more similar than we think lol

Happily still in ketosis. Not used ketostix. My mouth tastes like the bottom of a birds cage and I am sans hunger. So all is well here. How is everyone else?x

I have decided to do this and have made my order. Till it arrives I will vow to swim 4 times this week and stick to 3 square meals a day!!!
Have done Cambridge diet in past and boy did it work for me. But, just in this past year I have managed to gain a stone and half (okay 2 stone really...) and I will shift it!!

Welcome gbee!! Nice to have you join us :)

How much did you lose on CD?

Welcome gbee. Might be an idea to try to cut down on the carbs a bit before you start as it makes getting into ketosis easier, but I'm sure you know that coming from CD.

Thanks guys...on C.D I lost 4 and half stone in as many months. I actually maintained and got even lower after that and managed to hit 10stone 4lb at my lowest. Then.....met a bloke and got comfortable and discovered 'man portions' lol!!!! It's crept on slowly since last winter and over past week, re-discovering my winter clothes, I can feel the pinch and have to face the truth. I have gained. I will lose it. I know I have very good will power and can do it.

Sad thing is my boyf works abroad and for some reason when we are together we eat quite badly and do not exercise but apart from each other we find and get healthy routines. We have talked about it and when he comes back from abroad...have decided to address it so we can keep off the weight we lose and stick to the exercise regime we have going.

Booze doesnt help either!! Nor do the biscuits my hand reaches for in my new workplace!!
I'm also quite competative and have met new mates who are not as obsessed as I am with weight but then again with old friends it wasnt the healthiest of relationships either (constant competitions to look the slimmest and doing silly things to get there)

Got my posititve messages up all around the rooms. Found an exercise routine (swimming) I am motivated to do (even at stupid o'clock in the morning!!) just need to be stricter with diet and get a kick start. Have been avoiding a VLCD for a while but I know it works and that I can stick to it. I like strict routines and following guides that are tried and tested. And I suppose trying to find outfits last week really brought it home.....can not bury head in sand and rely on leggings and long tops. Bring back my skinny jeans and tops that do not go down to mid-thigh!!

You did really well on CD :) At least you know what you are in for going onto to VLCD again :)

On this forum people are using s&s, some of their products I believe are the same as Avidlites site and dietimeal on the low carb megastore. So you can shop around :)

I bet you cant wait to get back into your skinny jeans!! I have never been at goal weight, so never had any lol

I have never had competitive friends, but I have friends who tell me not to loose too much, as it wont be me, or trying to force me to have 'just one' not hearing me scream that I am in ketosis and cant lol.

This forum is great to come and get support from people who understand :)

Back