Starting Slim Fast Today!

LardLass

:D I have started Slimfast today! Does anyone have and top tips and handy hints?

I have type 2 diabeties and PCOS so I figured it is a low GI option. Dr said it is ok.;)

I am 5'9" tall and weigh 13stone 6lb. I want to be 12 stone which is the upper limit of ok weight.:cool: Then I will set another goal so I am in the middle of the healthy weight range for my height.

I know that I won't loose weight as fast as everyone else because of my PCOS, so do you think that April is a realistic date to have achieved my goal?

Forgot to say that I have already lost 5 stone as a consequence of being prescribed Metformin (for diabeties) My metabolism must have been seriously screwed up! Anyway, my blood sugars are ok, but I am not dropping the weight any more, just want to shift the last bit so I am healthy!

Any advice most welcome!

Hi LL.

Don't really know what advice to offer - you are doing so well already. I think April is a realistic goal date to lose the last of your weight but just wanted to wish you luck.

Take care

FF

Hi there,

Welcome to the Slimfast board. Well done on your weight loss so far, 5 stone is fabulous!!!!

Tips? Drink plenty of water, it will help fill you up and stop hunger pangs...exercise a bit every day, even if it's a 30 minute walk it all helps you lose weight and tone up nicely and finely eat a healthy, well balanced 600 cal meal on a night. Don't waste your calories on junk food, aim for lean proteins, good carbohydrates and lots of lovely fruit and vegetables.

I think April is ample time for you to reach goal, stick to the plan and you will get there.

Personally I only like the Slim-Fast shakes, I find their soups, cereal bars and pasta meals nasty. But find what YOU like and that will make the plan easier for you to follow. For healthy 100 cal snacks I eat fruit, raw veg, low calorie yogurts, 5 brazil nuts, two oat cakes, 5 dried apricots etc

Good luck and let us know how you get on

Boo x x

Personally I wouldn't recommend SlimFast, it is one of the most boring and soul destroying diet that I have ever been on.

A friend of mine quite rightly pointed out that I haven't learnt any new healthy eating habits thus will I be able to keep the weight off? probably not.

Have you thought of reducing food portions, food combinations, and most importantly exercise instead?

I know this is not really encouraging, but I want you to be sucessful in your weight loss. And especially at this time of year I don't think it will bring you the sucess that you want.

I think different things work for different people, I personally couldn't go without any food at all like they do on The Cambridge Diet and Lipotrim...but my hat goes off to those that can just drink the shakes and do have some fabulous weight losses.

Slim-Fast may not be for everyone, until you give a try, you don't know.
Personally I am that pig sick of being fat that I will sacrifice a few months of two shakes a day and a healthy meal to lose the weight. Long term, healthy eating is for me...but at the moment I struggle to eat small moderate meals and my choices are frequently poor. The structure of Slim-Fast works for me...and for now I am sticking to it.

Good luck with your chosen plan anyway, I can empathise and support all those trying to lose weight as I know how difficult it really, really is.

Love Boo x

I have really enjoyed slimfast, im into week 7 now. I have a shake for breakfast, meal bar for lunch and a 600 cal dinner. I dont tend to snack much as I have saturdays off so I can have a drink or take away but sometimes after swimming when you need an extra sugar boost I have a slimfast snack bar as they are YUMMMMMMY!! Good luck hun x

Hiya L.Lass! Congrats on your 5st shed, that's fab hon.:) I have PCOS and type 2 diabetes also. Metformin has done nothing for me weight-wise lol. I was told a lower carb or low GI way of eating is the way to go and from my limited experience it certainly kept my blood sugars normal. It's just a pity I can't stick with it!:D

A word of caution on the Slim Fast it is very high in carbs and sugar. I found about an hour later I was hungry! CD and LL shakes are lower carb about 14g per shake/soup as opposed to 34-35g per SF shake.

You can eat food on CD plans from 810 cals and upwards. You have 2-3 shakes and a low carb meal of say chicken and veg. Ideally I'd love to stick to that plan but I am struggling and considering WLS.

Best of luck with whatever plan you choose to follow and keep us updated. :)

Back