starting soon - a few questions?

twinklyjojo

Hi all

After many failed attempts at WW / sw have decided to give JUDDD a try. Am very interested in the health benefits and am hoping it will help me conquer a few food demons. Whenever I go to a slimming club I end up starving before weigh in day then bingeing straight after weigh in. And if I know I'm starting a new diet I tend to majorly pig out just before. Am hoping the fact that I can tell myself I can eat what I fancy on up days will stop me bingeing if you know what I mean!

Anyway, am waiting for the book to become available from the library and have a couple of questions in the meantime.

1. In the first two weeks do you have to just eat slimming shakes and bars? I've read a few things that seem to imply this but I think I'd be happier with fruit / veg and a small amount of protein.

2. Can you do two DD's together?

3. Can you exercise as normal on a DD?

Many thanks in advance, I'm just trying to work out which days to do which type of day and slot in some exercise too.

Look forward to joining you all!

Xx

Johnson recommends you do the first 2 weeks on Slimfast-a-likes so that you get your head into the right place. I didn't, as I thought I too would prefer fruit etc - I fell off.

I restarted with Slimfast and have made it to my 5th week with no problems. So personally I found it easier to go with the recommended start. Others will probably have succeded without, the diet is so individual!

You could do 2 DDs together, JUDDD doesn't but other fasting diets do. I think that again there are as many variants as there are people doing it!

I have exercised on both Up and Down days but read recently that exercising the morning of an Up Day might have better results as your body is in a better position to 'burn fat'. So I will be doing cardio on Up Days for a couple of weeks to see what happens.

Personally I do 2 DDs a week, Monday and Wednesday, Friday is a Medium Day (250kcals during the day and a normal tea) with Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday as Up Days. This allows me to spend the weekend with family eating normally, essential as husband is away during the week and we enjoy cooking together. I can usually reduce kcals on Saturday if I feel I need to.

I wouldimagine other people have different experiences and ideas. The common ground will probably be that we have all modified the diet to suit our lifestyle and preferences - and how many diets allow that?

Good luck.

Hi and welcome, shakes etc are only recommended in the first 2 weeks as its important to know the exact cals in order to stay within your limits which is important on DDs, HOWEVER, it is not necessary. I have never resorted to shakes and a lot of other juddders havent either, but its all personal choice, some find it easier to do shakes, others prefer food. So the success or failure of the diet does not hinge on you using shakes . 2 DD s together are not recommended as you want to train your body not to hang on to its fat reserves because it learns that food will be along very soon, this doesn't happen if you have 2 very low cal days together.
However what I have learnt is that it is a a very forgiving diet and each individual can tailor it to his/her own needs. You will need to have patience and faith and give it a few weeks altering the plan if you need to so that it works for you and your lifestyle .

Hi

I swopped over from CD 2 weeks ago and I didn't do shakes on my DDs as I just couldn't face them anymore lol! I just eat sensibly and healthily for my 500 cals.

I've lost 7 pounds so far with third weigh in tomorrow :-D x

Hi thanks everyone for the replies and advice, aiming to start tomorrow with a dd, have just come back from a food filled holiday so will be a shock to the system!

Have worked out I have 500cals on DD's and 2500 cals on ud's.

Thinking I will stick to:

blueberries and cucumber for breakfast 100cals
Salad and 2 ryvita for lunch 100cals
Turkey and salad for tea 200cals

Leaving 100cals for a couple of snacks

Bit nervous about it! Hoping the thought of an up day will get me through. Am hoping to eat healthily on up days too but without the worry that I'll be spoiling my diet if I go out for dinner etc.

Back