starting sunday but still doubtful and depressed

leeds123

Silver Member
hello. I posted a week or so ago and am seeing my CDC this weekend. starting the diet on sunday. i was excited at first (and still am) bt the closer i get to sunday the more i keep telling myself it is a quick fix fad which will leave me depressed and irritable. a voice in my head keeps telling me that almost every day there is a thread on here from a restarter which shows that it only works for so long as you pay for the meals and do not cheat, and part of me thinks i will feel really depressed on the diet as having a social life will be hard.

however, reading everyone's posts is inspiring to me and there is a bigger part of me which is just so excited to be taking charge of myself. i try to motivate myself by saying that this time in a fortnight i might be more than half a stone lighter. i am determined to use my time away from food to re-educate myself. i have periods of being a normal weight and when i am i am in a good place, eating right, going out, fweeling good. i am only ever fat when i am depressed and out of control. so sunday will feel good as i can regain some of the lost control. i am so full of self doubt at the moment and have a lot to prove to myself. i really want to do this but part of me thinks i will fail. how can i get into the right frame of mind to start well?

my first goal is to post on here a week on sunday to tell you all i have had a good loss, but this seems to far away and so much like a pipe dream. can anyone help me emerge from the pit?

sorry for the length of the post - this forum is brilliant and i am a daily lurker!

Hi, I have to admit that this forum is the one thing that's getting me through SS. Well, that and the new figure that is emerging :D It is a tough diet, but the results are amazing. Which plan are you doing? If you're planning on SS it might be an idea to start at SS+ so you can have a small meal too. the weight losses are pretty similar and it might help you with your doubts x

This forum was the ONLY thing that got me through the first few days and weeks of SS!

It's perfectly natural to be apprehensive, there are a million things running though your head before you start CD because it IS drastic. I know i was ready for something drastic and i just tried to remember that it was my choice to start and continue with this diet and it is still my choice to stay on it now.

I found i was craving junk and food in general at first and i tried to remember that even if i wasn't on CD i couldn't eat the foods i wanted to anyway as thats why i became so overweight in the first place, so yes if i really wanted to i could come off the diet but what would be the point as i can't eat ......chicken tikka massala/chocolate etc (whatever i was craving) so i might as well stick at CD and lose weight fast.

This probably doesn't make much sense but i think what i'm trying to explain is that the first week you will argue daily with yourself about wanting to eat, you will get angry and upset that you can't eat like everyone else, but as soon as you realise that you CAN eat like everyone else, but you are choosing not to because you want to lose weight more you will be on your way to having lost 7,10,12 lbs...and after that you will be addicted lol.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum,

xxx

take it a day at a time, hour at a time if needs be. 1 hour becomes 2 becomes 3, becomes a day, becomes 2 and before you know it you'll be on the scales for weigh in.

post on the daily thread, some check in once others are there several times a day just to keep focused

as you said it works if you stick to it, thats the same for all diets hun, you get out of it what you put in.

once your in ketosis your not acctually hungry, just ur mind playing with you, wanting the stuff you normally have. drink water, take a bath, go for a walk, do your nails, play arcade games, look at the inspiration thread, the feeling will pass before you know it.

looking forward to your first weigh in posting :)

best of luck hun, just take it day by day. come on here lots it really helps. You will do great im sure. keep busy and grab some early nights the 1st few days will be tough but next sun when your wi it will be worth it :hug99:

I think only YOU can get yourself into that right frame of mind- where you are ready to make some changes to lose the weight. The reality on CD like any diet, of course if you don't change your eating habits and lifestyle once off the packs then you will regain the weight. Look at this as a positive change, you are choosing to not eat, and use the foodpacks as a tool, to rethink your approach to food.

This is your choice- maybe remind yourself of your goals by sticking a list somewhere, to remind yourself WHY you are doing this. If you have a positive attitude the time will fly! or you will feel like a prisoner. Its your choice!

Good luck hun x

leeds123,

you should be feeling excited! i know there are a lot of people who restart but a lot of those restarters only fall off the diet due to immense pressure from personal circumstances etc.

it is down to willpower, i won't say it isn't but get through the first few days and you will be fine. i have never felt so well as i do on this diet and i was always miserable before but i have been so much happier since starting!

i'm on my 60th day of CD today on Sole Source and i felt just like you before i started. but i haven't cheated once and i'm thrilled with the results. i look forward to my weigh ins-they are the best part of my week!

join a team for the weekly challenge-i find that keeps me going. also set yourself lots of mini goals. get a ticker so you can see your progress! it all helps! also there is a spreadsheet in the "sticky" section where you can enter your weight each week and it does all sorts of calculations that you can look at and think "wow! am i really doing that well?"!!!

this site has helped me make some of the greatest friends and we all keep each other motivated. if you start CD expecting to fail, you will fail. but if you want to succeed, you will. you have to really want to make this change and you have to keep telling yourself that constantly. take pictures before you start so you can compare as you go along-i do mine every week but you could do it monthly or fortnightly. everything like that helps to keep you on track.

don't be afraid to ask for advice or to come on here for a moan if you are feeling low. 9 times out of 10 someone will respond with some words of wisdom that make you stop and think "i can do this".

take a look at the before and after pics aswell. they are so inspiring!!!

you will be fine and you will do great!!! think positive!

sorry for the mammoth reply!!!

hope to hear from you soon posting your first loss!

Gem xxx

hello. I posted a week or so ago and am seeing my CDC this weekend. starting the diet on sunday. i was excited at first (and still am) bt the closer i get to sunday the more i keep telling myself it is a quick fix fad which will leave me depressed and irritable. a voice in my head keeps telling me that almost every day there is a thread on here from a restarter which shows that it only works for so long as you pay for the meals and do not cheat, and part of me thinks i will feel really depressed on the diet as having a social life will be hard.

however, reading everyone's posts is inspiring to me and there is a bigger part of me which is just so excited to be taking charge of myself. i try to motivate myself by saying that this time in a fortnight i might be more than half a stone lighter. i am determined to use my time away from food to re-educate myself. i have periods of being a normal weight and when i am i am in a good place, eating right, going out, fweeling good. i am only ever fat when i am depressed and out of control. so sunday will feel good as i can regain some of the lost control. i am so full of self doubt at the moment and have a lot to prove to myself. i really want to do this but part of me thinks i will fail. how can i get into the right frame of mind to start well?

my first goal is to post on here a week on sunday to tell you all i have had a good loss, but this seems to far away and so much like a pipe dream. can anyone help me emerge from the pit?

sorry for the length of the post - this forum is brilliant and i am a daily lurker!

It's definately not an easy quick fix, I think of it as a reset button. The CD packs aren't forever, but if I go up the plans correctly and rethink my reasons for eating/what I eat theres no need for me to get so big again.
Lets look at it, EVERY diet will get the weight off eventually, then it's down to you to limit yourself for the rest of your life, so I looked at it as I could either do WW for another 2 years and MAYBE lose another couple of pounds (It didn't work for me.) or I do CD to goal, whilst removing myself from temptations and too much messing around. Then learn by moving up the programs what I can eat, and what will cause me to gain weight again. I make my choices then.
Now I have the option to exercise properly as my knees don't hurt and I don't get out of breath so easilly when I do.

Look at it as a restart on your life.

However, if you really aren't sure about it, or that you can change don't do it. If you aren't 100% commited to sticking to it it will be the hardest thing ever and you are much more likely to fail IMO.
The other thing to remember is that you can't rush it. Once the main bulk is off, don't try and eat like before or rush up the plans. Use it to work out how you are going to maintain the weight sensibly.

The restarters all have reasons why, they fell off the wagon, or something happened to them and they slipped back into eating the wrong things as a result.

Check out KD and Porgeous to name just 2, there are many more who are successful on it, but like anything in life if somethings not went well for you you tell 7 people, but if it does go well you may tell 1.

thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. I am excited about getting started and am going to give it 100%. you might find me on here moaning or giving myself another bashing (something I am tryint to stop) so please forgive me in advance. I will post on monday after my first full day of SS!!

thank you to everyone who took the time to reply. I am excited about getting started and am going to give it 100%. you might find me on here moaning or giving myself another bashing (something I am tryint to stop) so please forgive me in advance. I will post on monday after my first full day of SS!!
Go for it, moan, winge, tell us you can't go on! Anything at all is fine, god knows I thought I was going to die that first week. I was at thorpe park, and I was surrounded by loads of junk food, and I was STARVING. I told the guys here and they got me through. When I was ill last week they got me through, and when I got into my size 12's they were happy for me and shared my joy! (Which must be bloody hard when you are still bigger yourself, and for that I am doubly grateful)

No judgement, just support. Good Luck Monday!!!

Back