Extra Easy Starting sw tonight and really confused!!!

mel57491

hi all

i know i might be jumping the gun a little but im starting sw tonight and think im going to be doing the extra easy plan. I have been trying to read up on it to try and work it all out in my head and have ended up in a muddle :confused:. it seems a bit like weight watchers when it comes to the syns (i did weight watchers on and off for 2 years) is that right? also i hear you have to have a third of your plate as one thing and the rest as something else (ive even ordered one of these portion plate things so i dont go over) but do i include my syns in that or are they ontop of your meal? seems like im going to be eating an awful lot.

for example if i have a third of my plate as super noodles (which will have a syns value) and then the rest as veg do i then have to include a lean meat ontop or is that meal enough as it is??

sorry if i just seem really dim but trying to work it out. and im confused between this super free and just free. isnt free just free weather its super or not lol??

sorry to ramble and i hope someone can help me make sense of it all as people seem to be having amazing results and i need to get this stone and a half off lol

thanks

Don't worry too much. Since you've read up on it it should all be clearer when your consultant goes through it.

The only things you have to weigh are your healthy extras and you get one A (calcium based) and one B (fibre based) per day. In addition you have to count your syns which are foods not included in the free and super free list. It's easy counting your syns and not like weight watchers at all cos syns are usually the things people consider to be off limits when someone does a low fat diet, ie sweets, crisps, chocolate, oils, dressings etc. the main part of the diet is ensuring that 1/3 of your plate is super free food which will usually be veg or fruit depending on the meal you're having. It's done on sight, no weighing or measuring. The other 2/3 will consist of mostly free food (such as meat, potatoes, pasta, rice), but you can also use syns e.g using olive oil to cook or as a dressing in salad. Honestly it's really simple once you get your head around it and there are some great stickies at the top of the page for new folk to look at. You will also be able to access the SW website with the pin number on your joining card so you can find lots of info on recipes, healthy extras and how to calculate syns.

It is NOT like counting points on WW at all as most fruits are Superfree or free and there is very little emphasis on convenience food. That's a good thing cos most of the food is really tasty.

Good luck tonight and ask questions on here over the next week if you have to, but remember to search this site too because you can probably guarantee someone has already asked the question before.

Back