Starting the Gi Diet

Oops sent that twice
Phone told me it failed oh well :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Food looks great Laurenista, and wow you did really great today when you were out. There were temptations hitting you left and right, and you said no! That's a super victory!

I would have had major problems saying no to subway sandwich and a cookie, as I love them >_< So I give you major credit for being able to say no. Keep up the good work!

Well that's the weekend weight that I put on back off in two days can't say better then that! So 9lbs off in total and my aim is to make it 10lbs by the end of the week :) fingers crossed

Been to the gym and pushed my limits like mad today now I know I'm fitter then I thought

Well done on your loss. It's a good feeling getting fitter :)

Thanks skerry
It's definitely not as evil an experience people see it as!!!

B- muesli with apple and natural yoghurt
S- 2 apricot and almond cookies
L- baked beans and grilled tomatoes on toast
S- apple and nutella
D- chicken with food doctor couscous and salad
And some naughty haribos

Congrats on your weightloss! Mmm baked beans!!! I haven't had that in a long time. Yummy!

My menu today looks like this

B- fruit salad of satsuma, kiwi, nectarine and a few grapes with natural yoghurt and sunflower seeds and linseed on top
S- apple and 2 homemade apricot and almond cookies (bigger morning snack as I was going to the gym after uni)
L- homemade veg broth
S- small banana and natural yoghurt
D- Quorn chilli with basmati rice and green salad

Exercise- treadmill interval training 202 cal burned, aerobic mod cross trainer 200 cal burned, arm weights, abdominal weights and crunches

Breakfast sounds yummy. I love fruit salad and yogurt. You're reallly working it at the gym! You're doing great!!! :)

hi laurenista

another tip would be laughing cow light cheese triangles as they are low gi and also adding lemon juice onto food makes the overall gi rating low. Hope this helps good luck with your weight loss your doing really good.

Thanks for the tips
I've got some light baby bels in the fridge which I have for snacks
Adding lemon juice to things sounds like a good idea I often do it in fish dishes

hi guys
just updating you i've changed my 4th goal to 9st 7lbs by march. this is just because my family are worried i'm trying to get too slim so i told them i'll aim for that see how i feel and if i want i'll attempt to get some more off. also when looking at my boyfriends mum (whom has a smaller frame then me and is 9st) i realised i may be pushing it too much and a smaller goal may make it feel more reachable. then i can readjust :)

Hi Lauren.
I think you have done a sensible thing.in that it makes thefamily happy andas you say you canredjust as you see the need.
I love aproicot and almonds but do not do much baking Where would I find the recipe.
kind regards

It's from the dr Jennie brand-miller book I'll post it in the recipes stickies for you

Did a massive work out today!!
Foods been healthy but mainly small snacks so may be hard to write down

Today's been a good day!
Had a long walk with the dog this morning

B- raisin toast with Philly light (late breaky)
L- tuna salad with avacado and loads of veggies
S- apple and baby bel
D- haddock sweet potato and veg with 2 glasses of white wine

I'll do it tomorrow for you Ice pop

Today has been a good day despite my weight remaining the same for 2 weeks I am not disheartened! It will come off at some point and I'm feeling great at the moment
Today's food has been good. I am having a takeaway tonight but it's possibly from the healthiest takeaway ever. The chicken kebab is real marinated chicken breast comes with a load on salad and pitta on the side no sauce on unless you want it as they put it in separate tubs!

B- 1 slice of burgen bread toasted with grilled tomato, poached egg and grilled mushroom
S- apricot oat munchie ( from GI book)
L- homemade lentil and veg soup 1-1/2 slices of bread
S- couple of squares of dark chocolate
D- that lovely kebab :)

Hi Laurenista, I love your attitude. The body works in mysterious ways, sometimes it will drop pounds, and sometimes it won't. But keep on trying and don't give up:)

I have to say guys I'm really struggling to stick to the plan and I just don't know why?
I'm feeling grotty and really need your help in getting me back on track! I feel I've deprived myself too much and now my body is fighting back with tons of cravings and I'm feeling hungry no matter what I do it's driving me nuts

This is a plea for help I want to stay on track I want to get to my goal this year

Back