Starting the WW Wendie Plan today.

Sticking to 14 points even with visitors?? I'm impressed, I don't think I could do it, well done! :D

thanks Sparkle, wish I had been 'good' but with the visitors I never got to have my tea, and was so looking forward to it. Plate of roasted veggies and some mushroom soup. By the time they had gone it was far too late to eat. :eek:

Never mind, it was nice to see them.

Munchies for Sunday 11th

2 x weetabix, raisins and soya milk. = 3.5
2 x WW bread toasted, scrape of butter. = 1.5
Apple. = 0.5
Cous cous salad. = 2.5
Heartys salted soya nuts. = 2
Boots shapers Pretzels. = 1.5
boots shapers double choc bar. = 1.5
Yogurt. = 1

1.5l of water + hot drinks.

46.5 mins on x-trainer + 10k.

It was a 'rubbish' day food wise, and the healthy food I had planned for tea never happened!! :(

Making up for it today though. :D :D :D :D

Deb x

How you getting on Rosb ?????

You did really well, despite not getting your tea!

I on the other hand had an attack of the Sunday munchies so by bedtime I had eaten 18.5 points :sigh:

So, as I have been to work today (usually get Mondays off) I am sticking to 14 points today instead. I have only had 6 so far so have 8 left for tea which will either be something with salad or veg.

Hopefully overall it wont make too much difference :rolleyes:

You did really well, despite not getting your tea!

I on the other hand had an attack of the Sunday munchies so by bedtime I had eaten 18.5 points :sigh:

So, as I have been to work today (usually get Mondays off) I am sticking to 14 points today instead. I have only had 6 so far so have 8 left for tea which will either be something with salad or veg.

Hopefully overall it wont make too much difference :rolleyes:

Hi Rosb

I did find it hard to only have 14 points to use up on Sunday, despite the visitors. If they hadnt have come I think I could quite easily have given in to temptation and had more than allocated for that day. Any Sunday I would normally like to have more. So if continue on this plan I think for me the weekends I will jumble the points around and have more Sunday and less on a different day.

I think like you say...overall it doenst matter which day you have a few more or a few less as long as over the week you have your total of 126 points (7 x 18). You have to make the plan work for yourself and lifestyle. :)

Weekends for me I most certainly need more points. :eek: :D

Deb x

Bit late posting my menus :D ..dont know where the time flies!!

Monday 12th - munchies.

2 x weetabix, rasisins and soya milk. = 3.5
Apple. = 0.5
Egg salad. = 1.5
WW cheese and beet sarnies. = 4
Mushroom soup. = 0
2 x pieces of weetabix cake. = 4
Soya nuts. = 2
1 x curly wryly. = 2.5
2 x cream crackers. = 1
Plate of free veg for tea.. ran out of points. :D :D

2L of water, and black teas/herbal.

10.1 k on x-trainer, 45 mins

Tuesday 13th - munchies

Have struggled today...big time and have gone over a bit. :eek: so tomorrow has to be a really light day. Noticing theres too much 'rubbish' food sneaking back in so need to address that.!!! Its nice to keep a food diary as its so easy to forget what you have shovelled in. :D :D :D

Porrige, seeds and s/milk. = 4
Apple.= 0.5
Cous cous salad. = 2.5
WW Cheese and onion sarnies. = 4
2 x curly wrylies ((bad girl :eek: :eek: :eek: )). = 5
3 x WW bread toasted and scrape butter. = 2
Free point soup as run out of points and gone over. :cry: . = 0

2L water + usual hot drinks.

Haven done any exercise yet but will later on tonight after Life on MArs (whoo hoo!!)

TOMMOROW HAS TO BE A REALLY LOW POINTED DAY. :eek: :eek:

Deb x

P.S ROsb...how you getting on ???

Managed to end the day on 16 points - despite the 5.5 pt sarnies from M&S! People have replied to my 'shopping' post on these saying thats quite low for shop sarnies but I have got used to having low point homemade salad ones! :cool:

Did walk round the shops for a few hours though so hopefully burnt some cals off. :p

Last day tomorrow & am on 14 points so will need to be carefull. We are going to Brewers Fare for tea so will try to have a salad - they used to do a lovely prawn & salmon one.

Does anyone know if their menu is still pointed? :confused:

I am really looking forward to seeing how Cavycrazy & myself have done on our little challenge. It hasnt been too hard really, although saying that I did wake up last night with a rumbling tum!

Oh Dear!

Decided to weigh in this morning instead of tomorrow as i was out for a meal with the family tonight.

I was really surprised to see I had GAINED 0.5 lbs! :eek:

I was so sure I had lost weight because on several of the really low point days I have been really hungry (especially during the night).:sigh:

I really dont think it is the Wendy diet which is to blame as over the 6 days I have actually had half a point less than I should have.

Since I gave up CD I have found it really hard to loose anything on even 18 points a day so think I will have to try to reduce this to 16 every day.

Hope you get on well with your weigh in tomorrow Cavycrazy, please post your results.:)

ROSB how many points should you be having a day? Sounds like if you keep cutting back you could be doing more harm than good, too little can have the same effect as too much! Have you worked out what your daily points should be? 16 definitely doesnt sound much

I SHOULD BE ON 18 POINTS A DAY BUT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE CRIMBO & HAVE LOST VERY LITTLE :mad: (EXCEPT FOR A WEEK OR SO WHEN I DID CD). I REALLY DO THINK MY METABOLISIM IS 'SHOT'!

I AM OFF ON HOLS NEXT WEEK FOR A WEEK AI IN EGYPT :) SO UNLESS I GET EGYPTIAN TUMMY & COME BACK A SHADOW OF MY FORMER SELF :D I WILL HAVE TO DECIDE WHEN I RETURN JUST WHAT COURSE OF ACTION TO TAKE.

I REALLY ONLY HAVE A STONE TO LOSE BUT IT DOES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO WHAT I CAN FIT INTO CLOTHES WISE.

WILL BE REALLY INTERESTED TO HEAR HOW CAVYCRAZY HAS DONE AS I THINK HER RESULTS WILL PROBABLY SHOW A TRUER PICTURE OF THE SYSTEM OVERALL. :rolleyes:

Morning Rosb and fellow W/watchers.

Sorry didnt get to post last night, ended up helping out re 13 guinea pigs that had been dumped in Birmingham... had to pick them up after work, and take them to my local rescue. So things were a bit manic last night and everything went to pot. But at least the pigs are safe in the rescue now, so thats a relief.

My eating plan for yesterday was a disaster :eek: :eek: :eek: due to the pig rescue, being late, having loads of valentine day treats lying round the office... and setting myself up to fail for the day!! I have discovered that if I have a real low point day (when have overdone it and trying to claw back), I am almost guaranteed to blow it!! :cry: :cry: I dont know why I do it ...maybe its the "OMG I cant survive on this syndrome" so I end up having to have a few points over, & then a few more and so it goes on!! :sigh: :sigh:

But at least I have recognised that in myself and now making a mental note... not to set myself an unrealistic low point day!! Hope am making sense here.!!!

Ok, so yesterday my eating was rubbish and no idea of points. I should have had 10 for the day but know it was well over..but no idea what. I stopped counting after 11am :D

I still did my 45 mins on the trainer last night, and tried to up my speed to burn a few more calories off... got to approx 220 cals.. (thats at least a packet of malteseres :) ).

Weigh in this moring I was 145.3lbs. So I have lost a bit since last week, when started the Wendie plan. Its not a lot, just over 1 lb.

Its been very interesting to do the Wendie plan and I am glad I did it, I loved having all those points on Saturday. :) :) :) ...but do find on the low points days I struggle!!! I love my food too much.

NOt made my mind up whether to try it for another week, and see how that goes. Will have a think today.!!

WW is a great way to loose weight but it can be agonisingly slow though!! After having done a stint on Cambridge diet and having good losses. I want to see these last few pounds off (at least before easter :) :) )

Deb x

I SHOULD BE ON 18 POINTS A DAY BUT HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE CRIMBO & HAVE LOST VERY LITTLE :mad: (EXCEPT FOR A WEEK OR SO WHEN I DID CD). I REALLY DO THINK MY METABOLISIM IS 'SHOT'!

I AM OFF ON HOLS NEXT WEEK FOR A WEEK AI IN EGYPT :) SO UNLESS I GET EGYPTIAN TUMMY & COME BACK A SHADOW OF MY FORMER SELF :D I WILL HAVE TO DECIDE WHEN I RETURN JUST WHAT COURSE OF ACTION TO TAKE.

I REALLY ONLY HAVE A STONE TO LOSE BUT IT DOES MAKE A BIG DIFFERENCE TO WHAT I CAN FIT INTO CLOTHES WISE.

Hi Rosb.

I know exactly where you are coming from. WW is great but is oh so slow at times, especially those last few pounds... they seem the hardest to get off.

I only want to loose 5lbs but its taking forever!!

Its a dilema, and know why you are thinking of dropping your points to see if that works. But agree with Starlight... dropping your points to below what you should have is probably not the best way to go ???

It is so hard to know what to do for the best. :sigh:

I do think your body does get used to a certian way of eating, so sometimes a shake up can do wonders.. I was hoping the Wendie plan would do that with the jumble of points but neither of us have had a brill result. I know the Wendie plan is supposed to be for 2 weeks... so thinking of whether to do that for another week or go back to 18 points a day.

I think if do do the Wendie plan again for next week..then if that doesnt work.. then maybe I will switch to the Core plan the week after. At least with WW thats the beauty of that plan, you can swap from one to the other!!

Anyway... enough talking of points/plans etc. :) :) just wanted to wish you a fab holiday in Egypt. Have a brilliant time and enjoy yourself. Forget WW for a week and just have a hol to remember. You can get back to WW when you get back. I can never diet on holidays. :eek:

Are you going to do any diving while there ??? Hubby and I used to, and always wanted to go do some there. Its supposed to be the place to go for it.

Deb x

I've found reading about your Wendie experience very interesting.

I use a similar method but don't count points (5 good diet days, plus 1 less so, and 1 eat anything) to keep my weight stable and I had been maintaining perfectly for 2.5 years until I gave up smoking a fortnight ago (but that's another story)!!

Anyway I can well understand your overall frustration and disappointment at not having had a good weight loss.

If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion as to where I think you might have been going wrong... those lower point days just didn't include enough free food. If you'd made a WW soup; included more veggies; more fruit; *wasted* fewer points on crap (as I read the two of you mentioning yourselves), you'd not have felt hungry and I think you'd probably have had a better loss.

Just a suggestion - have a good holiday and perhaps write out a week's food plans in advance for the next Wendie week.

I love reading your diaries, mind you :)

I've found reading about your Wendie experience very interesting.

I use a similar method but don't count points (5 good diet days, plus 1 less so, and 1 eat anything) to keep my weight stable and I had been maintaining perfectly for 2.5 years until I gave up smoking a fortnight ago (but that's another story)!!

Anyway I can well understand your overall frustration and disappointment at not having had a good weight loss.

If I might be so bold as to make a suggestion as to where I think you might have been going wrong... those lower point days just didn't include enough free food. If you'd made a WW soup; included more veggies; more fruit; *wasted* fewer points on crap (as I read the two of you mentioning yourselves), you'd not have felt hungry and I think you'd probably have had a better loss.

Just a suggestion - have a good holiday and perhaps write out a week's food plans in advance for the next Wendie week.

I love reading your diaries, mind you :)

Hi Maintainer

many thanks for your comments. They are very much appreciated and most welcome.

I know for myself that too much 'rubbish' foot is creeping back into my food and am going to try and address that. I recall last time I did WW there was a limit of 2 points a day on sweet/rubbish/booze a day.. and it worked well. Its a bit too easy to blow say 6 points on a twix which is a lot if you are on 18! so the 2 point rule I think is a good guideline and keeps it in perspective. Otherwise you could use all your points just on eg: 3 x twixes ((would be nice but not very healthy) :)

I need to plan more and make more low pointed things, I need to get my self more organised. Have such a busy life in the week time just gets away from me. So more planning the weekend may be the way to go for me!!

I noticed on your signature that you do the 80/20 ?? I have seen other people on this too but not sure what it is?? I would be interested to know more.

Again thanks for the tips. :)

Thanks.

Deb x

Cavy - thanks so much for taking my post the right way. After pressing "send", I regretted writing it in case I upset you!! I think setting a 2 point limit on one's treats is a good thing to do. I love full plates overflowing with veg or salad now, and if I *just* had a sandwich I'd starve!

When I first reached my target end 2003, I had trouble maintaining initially, and kept going up and down 1/2 stone. Then I fell upon a posting somewhere recommending the 80/20 plan.

What works for me is this (of course your two "off" days can be any day"); but remember that this merely maintains my weight; I don't lose anything:

- Monday to Friday, pretty strict: homemade muesli for breakfast; chicken or other lean grilled meat (twice a day); lots of fresh veg; salads; fruit; no alcohol; no butter etc.); rarely if ever have potatoes, pasta, rice, bread. Nothing sweet.

- Saturday: usually have one or two treats. Often some salted peanuts (just cos I love 'em!); perhaps a piece of cake, or a croissant or something like that.

- Sunday: whatever I want. OK sometimes I do abuse with this, and seem to munch constantly, but as I weigh in on Fridays (ok daily but only Friday's gets written down!!), it usually sorts itself out in time.

oh and 3L water every day :)

I wish you much luck. It's true that "life" sometimes gets in the way of healthy eating, but it's all too easy to gradually let too much *rubbish* slip in, just because we know we can and because the points are there...

thanks so much for taking my post the right way. After pressing "send", I regretted writing it in case I upset you!!

Ohh gosh... of course am not upset by your comments :) Its good advice and nice to see things from another persons perspective. So no worries. Am glad you posted. Its what I love about this forum... helpful people that post, that have been there so know what it like.

I think setting a 2 point limit on one's treats is a good thing to do, but having seen your 80/20 plan I think thats better. Cut out the sweets in the week and have treats the weekend.

I DO LOVE my sweet things, but I have to pull the reigns in on them as I know its going to get out of control.

I love full plates overflowing with veg or salad now, and if I *just* had a sandwich I'd starve!

Agreed on that one, and are low in points too. :D

When I first reached my target end 2003, I had trouble maintaining initially, and kept going up and down 1/2 stone. Then I fell upon a posting somewhere recommending the 80/20 plan.

What works for me is this (of course your two "off" days can be any day"); but remember that this merely maintains my weight; I don't lose anything:

- Monday to Friday, pretty strict: homemade muesli for breakfast; chicken or other lean grilled meat (twice a day); lots of fresh veg; salads; fruit; no alcohol; no butter etc.); rarely if ever have potatoes, pasta, rice, bread. Nothing sweet.

- Saturday: usually have one or two treats. Often some salted peanuts (just cos I love 'em!); perhaps a piece of cake, or a croissant or something like that.

- Sunday: whatever I want. OK sometimes I do abuse with this, and seem to munch constantly, but as I weigh in on Fridays (ok daily but only Friday's gets written down!!), it usually sorts itself out in time.

I think for anyone that has lost weight the real battle starts trying to maintain. :sigh: .It can be such a struggle so to find something that works for you. I like the look of this 80/20 plan, as in the week if I plan right I could do that and then look forward to a few treats the weekend.

I need to address my carb/protein ratio too.. as I am having way too many carbs I think. Again need to rethink what am eating, and juggle it up a bit.

You have given me lots of things to think about, and promise I will. I DONT want to pile the weight back on like I have done in the past. So its all a bit of trial and error at the moment.

:D :D

Hi Guys

Sorry not posted in last day but been busy at work etc as getting ready for the off on Tuesday, (although 17 year old has now decided to repaint his bedroom before we go!!! :sigh: )

I shall breath a huge sigh of relief when I get sat down on that plane believe me!

I am a little disappointed with doing the Wendy plan but agree the secret must be being good mostly with the occasional planned lapse - it's just getting those lapses under control! I am just like that little girl - either really really good or a right horror!

Not thinking about food now until after my hols so will be back online after 27th Feb. :rolleyes:

Just checked temp in Elat for next week (thats the nearest place to where we will be) and its up to 30 degrees next friday - who hoo! :D :D :D

just started the wendie plan myself today - hope fully if i lose weight i stay to it!
i love my super high days! x good luck everyone!

Back