do's:
stick to the plan
no other foods
only water to drink
dont's:
no exercise
no cheat days
so what else is there for exaple
can i have the occasional nigjt out i.e alcohol? will my hair thin n nails go brittle?
im in a size 22 will i jave.lots of saghy skin after?
sorry for all quesions n if some seem silly. hope u can help thanks in advance
rachel xx

Hiya, hope your first day today went well for you, as for your list, everyone's different so it's tricky to say if you will suffer any side affects, I did this diet 4 years ago and like you I was a size 22 I lost 7.5 stone in 6 months, I didn't have any hair loss or brittle nails and as for saggy skin, I did have some on my tummy but not much, but I put that down to the usual baby belly, but really wasn't noticeable, water is deffo the key to success of Cambridge, ( even though some days I feel I can fit no more in. I have gone back to a size 16 now so am back on it!!!! Good luck :)

thank u. n wow well done thats a great loss :) todays has gone well im full from my ss meals but i feel reli down on like day one whats that about lol? i know the first week is ment to be hard just didnt think i would feel like this so quick. iv drank three and a half litres if water and nit eaten a thing other than my ss. im not hungry at all but all i can think about is food and i wast a big eater anyway jus very lazy n eat the wrong things its like i want to give up already and thats pathetic. i no it wil get worse as il want to give in also preparing meals and treats for my little girl has been tempting but im doing this for her i just keep reminding myself why im doin this. sorry to go on just nice to speak to someone who has done it lol so u no whr in comin from
thanks for answering my questions
rachel xx

Rachel, I think about food for all hours I'm awake, it's because we are not having any, this diet is by no means easy, but it does work and have amazing results, you clearly are doing it for the right reason, your daughter. Like you I cook every day for my son and its so hard not to pinch the leftovers, I swear I nearly cried scraping mash off his plate, but every time a meal time passes and I have remained 100% it's a small victory!!! Good luck hunny stay strong x

thats true and a really good way to look at it. thank u:) it reli is all in our head cos its nit that we r hungry its cos we cant have it lol. iv done diets befor but never whole hearted but i feel optamistic about this just have to keep reminding my self y and it helps. thank u for ur kind words hun x

hi ladies.just registered as im on day 5 of ss.i was wondering if you know if there is anything i can have for breath as im a smoker so along with expected bad breath its killing me not being able to have something.i know sugar free chewing gum is ok but gum makes you hungry so any othet suggestion?

Hi tuck, you could try breath strips, I think you can get them from boots, I have been having a quick chew of gum then throwing it, just to give my mouth a quick blast, mouth wash too is good. :)

Hi cheesy momma, how's it going :)
I went to KFC yesterday with my son and parter, and I was surprised by little it affected me, my partner felt bad and felt guilty, my son however kept telling me how yummy it was ;)

Hi tuck, you could try breath strips, I think you can get them from boots, I have been having a quick chew of gum then throwing it, just to give my mouth a quick blast, mouth wash too is good. :)

Hi cheesy momma, how's it going :)
I went to KFC yesterday with my son and parter, and I was surprised by little it affected me, my partner felt bad and felt guilty, my son however kept telling me how yummy it was ;)

hi ladies
im feeling.good really positive day 2 wow hard watched my daughter eat a cheese sandwich like id never seen one befor clock watched alot at 2pm i thought i will never make it to tea time at5.30 but when i was hungry and went to make my soup it was 8 bonus!! bad day but by the night felt fantastic iv woken up early after an amazing nights sleep im full of energy i just feel so posertive i no it will get worse but i feel ready.. step dad turned up with fish n chips last night just after my soup im a smoker too so took this opertunity to go for one. was outside felt like toucher but then i thought right u have had soup yr not hungry it just smells good its all in ur head n i walked back in an sat there no prob yay! well done u in KFC fantastic :) u should be really proud and kids ay lol my daughyer seems to ask for all nice food when usualy shes not fussed on eating lol shes only 4 so doesnt get it lol.
phew sorrt for essay but breath wow! mine started yday morn day 2 i thought my sister had steped in dog poo oh.no was my breath cant belive how bad it gets. yday i brushed every ten mins also been.drinking about 4ltrs of water might set up camp in the bathroom.
i called my cdc i said sugar free gum making my tummy ruble ahe said its not hunger its gas caused by the gum just feels like hunger pains so try not to have it. she said in pound world there is a breath spray we can use n she says its great. 2 in a pac ans they r thin bottles that last ages. gud luck girlys xx

Here's my personal advise having lost 7 stone very quickly..

- The first week will feel like a year, have silly amounts of bubble baths, read books, watch dvds to keep you busy.
- Be honest with yourself, push yourself even when it hurts
- Don't worry if you feel like you're missing out on your social life (it will still be there when you're slim!)
- DON'T cheat after your weekly weigh ins - i personally used to do it & it messes your body up more than you can imagine!
- Avoid chewing gum (they say you're allowed it, but all that chewing just makes you hungry)
- Treat yourself weekly to something small, for me it was either a new nail varnish or a bath product!
- Jazz your shakes up to make it more appealing, i add coffee granuals to my cappuccino shakes, and ice to all of them (the blender is amazing)
- Don't skip a shake or product thinking it'll be ok because you're not hungry! (you NEED the nutrients)
- Don't cancel your weekly appointments when you feel like you might not of lost anything (i did it and its the worst thing you could do!)
- Watch endless amounts of documentrys online (half a ton mom, half a ton dad, supersize vs superskinny) - I found this motivational & so inspiring!
- Get yourself some cambridge buddies/swap numbers or email addys with them, keep in contact daily to encourage each other
- Have early nights!

thank u so much hun will defo take those tips on board. and well done thats fab!!!!! i want to loose seven too? did u have saggy skin after loosing seven cos thats what i worry about.
rachel x

Don't have a last minute binge before you start the diet, it will only take longer to get into ketosis and make it harder. Cut out carbs in the days running up to starting and the carb withdrawal headaches etc. won't be so bad.

Good luck.

Don't have a last minute binge before you start the diet, it will only take longer to get into ketosis and make it harder. Cut out carbs in the days running up to starting and the carb withdrawal headaches etc. won't be so bad.

Good luck.

no i didnt was tempting tho lol i started thursday and went into ketosis friday eavning i thoughy it was fast but the dog poo breath gave it away lol so did the urine test and was. dont know if thats a gud sign on no
thank u for advise
rachel x

thank u so much hun will defo take those tips on board. and well done thats fab!!!!! i want to loose seven too? did u have saggy skin after loosing seven cos thats what i worry about.
rachel x

I'm quite young still, almost 23, so i don't really have any loose skin.. my belly is a bit wobbly & my legs defo need toning, but i'd say my worst part that i'm very concious about are my bingo wings!!! They're just horribleeeeee!!

im 22 also so thats good to hear thnks n aw im sure there not as bad as u imagine. u have done amazing to loose the weight can c ur profile pic u look amazing so pretty. so uv done the hard part just the toning.now. how long did it take u to loose the seven stone x

Just 6 months :D x

I've been doin it for a week now, I'm on ss, every time I get weak and think I should eat something, I think of all these things and remind myself that I'm doing this for a reason, not to mention the cost. Would you pay for a house and let it fall apart slowly once u feel it looks as good as it would ever be? No you maintain your house the same way you maintain your body with a sense of pride and achievement, everyday you are one step closer to your goal, you start learning things about yourself and start changing slowly to maintain the great body u paid for and worked for.

today is day 13 for me and everything what has been posted I echo. but fitnessphobe that is such a true point, I am 26 next week and been dietin on and off since I was 18, makes me realise I am doing this once and for all. thank you for reminding me x

Back