Starting to panic!!

xKimmiex

Silver Member
My holiday is in 3months4weeks. I need to lose as much weight as I can before then. So far I'm 17st4, any idea what roughly could be by holiday?!

So I'm worrying about clothes!! I have nothing yet apart from a dress that doesn't fit in a size 14!! Way to small :(

ATM I'm a size 16 on top an 18/20 on bottom. Again any idea what I could be?!

Thing is I can't really afford to get everything in on go so really need to start buying soon, even just vest tops ect.

But what size do I buy?!? I am not going to cheat and plan on doing ss.

Pleaseeee help :( x

I would say in 4 months you can loose 4 stone so you would be about 13 .5 stone by then :)
If you are a 16 at the moment on top I would buy size 14 tops ( I am a 12-14 at 11 stone .. ) and maybe 14-16 bottoms ?? Its so hard to say as everyone looses it in different places , but if you buy draw string waste trousers and vest tops then you cant go far wrong :)
you ccould even look on e bay closer to the time for bundles of clothes as people often sell off bundles of summer clothes etc :)

i'm 5ft 8in and around 11st (floating up and down now). i am a 12/14 top and bottom. you are porobably shorter than me so i agree with buying 14s.

great things said:
i'm 5ft 8in and around 11st (floating up and down now). i am a 12/14 top and bottom. you are porobably shorter than me so i agree with buying 14s.

I'm 5ft8 lol

I'm 5ft 9 and currently 13.8 and in a size 16 trouser and 16 top but I seriously do not carry weight well at all won't get into a 14 till about 12 stone. I would go with the 14 as well, I love shopping for holiday clothes.

Depends where you are going too. I'd buy 14 in stretchy materials like shorts and t-shirts. And wait till nearer the time to buy stiffs like jeans x

tegzy said:
Depends where you are going too. I'd buy 14 in stretchy materials like shorts and t-shirts. And wait till nearer the time to buy stiffs like jeans x

I just worrying cause I want to look so nice :( going new York for my 21st with my other half x

Hey

I would suggest that you stop thinking about the holiday ... every time you find yourself doing it and thinking about your weight (and going into panic mode) force yourself to stop and think/do something else. It does get easier with time. The reason for this is that each time you go down this feeling overwhelmed route it is more likely to trigger old negative dieting patterns and beliefs and derail you.

As Welshcake says put the money aside.... maybe £2 a day for each day you are 100% and then the week before you go you will have plenty for a major shop in Primark or Matalan etc. Then there is no chance of wasting money on clothes that won't actually fit at the time etc.

And just focus on doing the plan day by day and trusting that it will work for you.

could u not just put some money away each week/month then 2 weeks or so away from ur hols go and splash out?

Good advice goreygirl! I'm going away in June too. And bout a size 16 vest and a size 18 swimming cossy. They were both in the sale £2 each. But I have hundreds of clothes in a range of sizes 14-18 so hopefully will be within there somewhere.

I understand her panicking tho as new York is a massive deal.

Save as much as you can then go on a shopping spree. I did that last time I.lost weight. It felt great to be able to go into any shop and fit in the.clothes and buy stuff. Cos being overweight often leaves me feeling down and empty handed after a shopping trip

Thinking about doin that, still have to pay off holiday and spending money :( just worrying too much :(

Hey

I would suggest that you stop thinking about the holiday ... every time you find yourself doing it and thinking about your weight (and going into panic mode) force yourself to stop and think/do something else. It does get easier with time. The reason for this is that each time you go down this feeling overwhelmed route it is more likely to trigger old negative dieting patterns and beliefs and derail you.

As Welshcake says put the money aside.... maybe £2 a day for each day you are 100% and then the week before you go you will have plenty for a major shop in Primark or Matalan etc. Then there is no chance of wasting money on clothes that won't actually fit at the time etc.

And just focus on doing the plan day by day and trusting that it will work for you.

super idea.

Im 5ft5 and 12top 14 bottom and am 12st 4lbs

Hey

Love this post - I have my wedding July and everytime I think of it, I feel really really panicky and start getting so wound up, I end up cheating. Just focus on losing the weight week at a time - that puts a lot less stress on yourself I find - now, if only I could follow my own advice!

I also like the idea of NOT starting to buy clothes now, you really don't need to if you can be disciplined enough to put money away every day or every week. Then once you know what size you'll be much nearer the time, you can go shopping!

Xxx

Love this post - I have my wedding July and everytime I think of it, I feel really really panicky and start getting so wound up, I end up cheating. Just focus on losing the weight week at a time - that puts a lot less stress on yourself I find - now, if only I could follow my own advice!

I also like the idea of NOT starting to buy clothes now, you really don't need to if you can be disciplined enough to put money away every day or every week. Then once you know what size you'll be much nearer the time, you can go shopping!

Xxx

Hi Jill

Have you thought about getting the Beck Diet Workbook? Mine arrived last week and I've just started it. It's really practical, easy to find time for and is all about training me not to go down those old paths so that the weight I lose stays off.

An example of one thing it has done for me is make me realise that naturally slim people cannot eat what they want (which is what I believed and resented); instead .. without even realising it they choose not to have to that extra mouthful / biscuit / 2nd slice of cake so that they maintain their healthy weight. So they do work at it but it becomes 2nd nature so they don't find it "work" as the choice becomes deeply embedded into their subconscious beliefs. I had never ever thought of them as thinking that way at all; I just thought they had it so easy in comparison. Gives me more hope that I can become like that too :D

Hi Jill

Have you thought about getting the Beck Diet Workbook? Mine arrived last week and I've just started it. It's really practical, easy to find time for and is all about training me not to go down those old paths so that the weight I lose stays off.

An example of one thing it has done for me is make me realise that naturally slim people cannot eat what they want (which is what I believed and resented); instead .. without even realising it they choose not to have to that extra mouthful / biscuit / 2nd slice of cake so that they maintain their healthy weight. So they do work at it but it becomes 2nd nature so they don't find it "work" as the choice becomes deeply embedded into their subconscious beliefs. I had never ever thought of them as thinking that way at all; I just thought they had it so easy in comparison. Gives me more hope that I can become like that too :D
I ave just bought the beck book and the work book too .. hope it works for me too :D

determinator said:
I ave just bought the beck book and the work book too .. hope it works for me too :D

How much are they? And where do.you get them from?

Back