starting to struggle

vicmilotom1

Hi Everybody.

Ive been doing slimming world for 5 weeks now and have lost 11 and a half lbs which Im chuffed about, but for some reason this week my motivation has disappeared I haven't binged on anything and have bought the same foods, but my desire to eat anything has gone:confused:

I dont know if it's because Im off work this week and my routine has gone to pot, but im slightly worried.

Anybody got any motivational tips?

xx

Make sure you use all your syns this week, it's easy to feel deprived if like most people your used to having fatty foods normally. Have a dinner that uses your syns so it feels naughty e en if it isn't.

Me too! Sorry not really able to offer motivation as I need some myself today :(. I have only been on sw 4 weeks and lost 1 stone. So happy! But today I've lost all motivation. I haven't (yet) eaten anything bad and have stuck to plan but if someone was to walk thro door with some chips and chocolate i'm not sure I'd say no! And I have bought a bottle of wine.....

It prob is the fact that your routine is off, alot of people struggle at weekends, when the kids are off school etc because the routine is so different.

If you feel you are really struggling or very tempted, you could always have a flexi-syn night? It might help.

Just think of how far you have come. Maybe go out and try on clothes tomorrow? I find that very motivating! I find it hard to find things to fit, so it makes me even more determined! Or if i have to get something in a smaller size, that makes me feel fab and motivates me to keep going!

Be kind to yourself hun, you have done so brilliantly and in such a short space of time.

i totally get the not wanting to eat anything thing.

ive been like this for weeks now, food just doesnt interest me and i have no motivation to eat other than i know i have to and the minions need feeding, so i will eat as well (all slimming world stuff, obs)

having a serious lack of mojo lately.

sorry my post isnt very motivational, i just wanted you to know that youre not alone.

xxxx

i totally get the not wanting to eat anything thing.

ive been like this for weeks now, food just doesnt interest me and i have no motivation to eat other than i know i have to and the minions need feeding, so i will eat as well (all slimming world stuff, obs)

having a serious lack of mojo lately.

sorry my post isnt very motivational, i just wanted you to know that youre not alone.

xxxx

maybe we should start a motivational club hehe!

xx

Me too! Sorry not really able to offer motivation as I need some myself today :(. I have only been on sw 4 weeks and lost 1 stone. So happy! But today I've lost all motivation. I haven't (yet) eaten anything bad and have stuck to plan but if someone was to walk thro door with some chips and chocolate i'm not sure I'd say no! And I have bought a bottle of wine.....

keep at it, we can encourage each other xx

Maybe try having different types of food. I find I tend to have similar dinners so I have to make an effort to have something different. Like the other people say, use all your syns this week. Look at photos from wheb you began to now x

I agree, the phrase "I bought the same foods2 rings alarm bell. Try something different, have you got the new mag? Or go on the recipe thread to get some inspiration. I try to do at least 1 new recipe a week.

Last edited:
Have you been adventurous enough with your menus? When the the family ask what for diner and I tell them, it's ohh that sounds good or interesting! And hopefully at the end edible ;)

I find checking out the forums motivates me, I have been doing sw since Sept, lost 2 and half stone now feeling a bit like we need some motivation, had a bit of a break for three weeks, work stress meaning I just wanted munch...all the wrong things! lost 2.5lb yesterday so getting back on track. I like reading other peoples stories and sharing recipes. I love minimins....a good source of support! :)

Hiya, I just wanted to say this is exactly my experience this week - we are having a SW party this week but I feel like I don't deserve to go!

For me, rather than a binge, it's lots of little things that have stacked up- tasting things here and there, using the wrong type of bread for Healthy B, and being so busy (working 12 hour days, completing a degree and doing a volunteering project all at once) leaving me little energy for a weekly shop or for cooking in advance.

I may try and practice what I preach, but I think you just need to keep going to group and you'll find that others have the same experience and can find ways around it. One thing I did recently was to draw up a list of all the reasons for and against me sticking to plan, and made it really colourful. We all have so many reasons to want to lose weight othewise we wouldn't be paying for SW membership!

I hope everyone's comments have helped. And I hope I can find some much needed motivation too! Good luck, you have done brilliantly so far :)

Glad to find some like minded people, I stuck to plan for 2 weeks and had a net gain of 1/2 a lb!!

So I took a week off and have been struggling to get back on the wagon. Desperately want to get the weight off but finding it so hard to get motivated when the 2 weeks that I was good I didn't lose anything!!

Bright ideas anyone?

L x

Can totally relate, have hit a serious stumbling block, acknowledging what I should be doing/eating, but chosing to ignore myself. I then binge and regret it the next day,I then try super hard, fail again and then just go around in circles. I need that motivation to come back......

Sorry haven't been on in a while! Thank you! I've tried hard all weekend - but have indulged in a few wines! Sometimes a few treats is good! Plus been out in country parks with hubby! And kids and the sunshine and fresh air def lifted my mood and focus! How r u getting on? Feeling better?

How about incorporating some more or new exercise to get you moving and hopefully encourage the appetite to come back a little? Just a thought. Exercise always makes me hungry, even on the more rubbish days!

Well its the start of a new week and im feeling better already :) Must have been a little of kilter being off work.

Thanks to everybody who gave me ideas and hope everybody is ok?

xxxx

How about making a menu plan? Try to mix it up a bit. It's so easy to get stuck In a rut.

Back