Starting Today :)

Hi All

Ive read the Dukan articles in the daily mail and I thought I would get started today rather than putting the diet off for a week or so while I wait for the book to come.

I braved the scales and have 1.5 stone to lose (or according to the Dukan site 1 stone)

Im going to do 2 days of attack then move on to cruise.

Few things im unsure of though.....

Can I have extra light philly?
Can I have nicotine gum and lozengers?

Has anyone got any good meals ideas for the PP days as I think I will get very bored very quickly!

Thanks in advance

Hello and welcome...

I'm at work, and just having a quick dash around the board before "clocking in" (as if!)... if you look at the "what are you eating today" thread, you'll hopefully find some inspiration for the PP menus. I'm about to post my today one actually.

Extra lite Philly is fine... not sure re quantity of same though, so Vicky will be along in a minute.

Are you quitting smoking at the same time? I don't know what those lozenges and gum contain, do you have the ingredients handy?

Hello :) Yes are you quitting whilst dieting? if so bravo!!!
extra light phil i would only have a small amount (like one of those little pots) - a better option is quark (its usually with the philly in the supermarket in a tub). It tastes pretty much the same but much less fat. (and its cheaper!).
I also use the quark in my galettes - they turn out nicer.

Good luck and soneone is usually here to help with any more questions! xxx

Hi Girls

Thanks for your replies x

Im now on day 2 of attack and finding it ok so far.

I was wondering was about frozen beefburgers. Ive read they are allowed on attack but wanted to double check before I have any. Also with regards to fruit yogurts, I know you cant have more than 2 per day but is shape zero etc ok as they have bits of fruit in?

Thanks again

Claire

Frozen beefburgers have to be under 5% fat - if you can find some let me know as I cant!!! best thing is to get 5% fat mince (the only one ive been able to find is tesco extra lean mince) and make your own.

No the zero with fruit in will probably be worse than the ones with fruit puree in. The ONLY ones you can have more than 2 per day are toffee, vanilla, coconut OR fruit ones with NO fruit puree or pieces in. (again if you find any fat free yogs like this please let me know!)

Vicky

The article I read said burgers less than 10% fat. The ones ive got are from asda and are 7.7%
I cook them in the george foreman grill and all the fat runs out so im hoping that would mean they are less than 5%....

The articles contain a lot of errors, as they've had to put a book's worth of information in a couple of pages.

Trust us - in attack, Phase 1, 5% is the maximum... from Phase 2, go to 10% if you can't find 5% and mop up any fat coming out with kitchen roll...

Back