Attack Starting today

Firstly, fill in your stats on the left-hand side! Or get a ticker. Or both! It's really motivating seeing the numbers decrease. If the total amount you have to lose is offputting for you, just put down a percentage of that to start off with.

Give yourself small goals at a time and put that in your signature so that you can tick each achievement off and reward yourself (non-food) when you reach a goal. Bren has a good one in her sig, so take a look.

Once you're in ketosis it will be so much easier to avoid temptation as you shouldn't be hungry - stick to the list and you won't go wrong. In the meantime (on attack), if you're hungry - eat!

Good luck!

Don't panic about the amount you have to lose overall - start off with a first goal, make it a half stone or a stone to start off with.

Robinhood is right - once you're in ketosis you won't be as hungry at all, so just make sure you've plenty to hand from the allowed list for the first two or three days and eat when you're hungry, just make sure it's on the list.

Oh, and most importantly - drink loads of water (or tea/coffee/diet drinks etc. water is best though)

Good luck today, let us know how you get on later!

Good luck - you are exactly a week behind me, I started on Attack last Wednesday and am just moving into Cruise phase.

If you read my diary for the first few days I planned so much food, I think everyone thought I was bonkers, I'd even meticulously planned my snacks!

Make a real effort with your food, I think it is really easy to be sucked into eating bland food but this doesn't need to be the case. The more you can do with the meat/chicken etc the less likely you are to get bored.

A few things I found useful - grill a chicken breast (boneless) cut it into slices or cubes and snack on that if you are hungry (I am forever shoving food into my mouth without realizing it). I tend to drink my water warm with either fresh mint leaves or grated ginger - it gives a flavour to the water and the ginger has an added diuretic effect! Personally I'm not a yoghurt eater but I've made sure I have at least one fat free yoghurt a day - I save it until evenings usually because I find that is my snack time when I want something sweet and that does the job (not as good as chocolate but beggars can't be choosers).

Drink, drink, and drink some more.

If you are hungry eat (and drink). I stocked up with loads of things I could just snack on - first weeks food cost me a fortune but it needed to be done. Once you are in ketosis you will find the continual snacking will stop featuring so highly!!

Just break through those first few days, it isn't easy but once you are on the other side then it becomes much easier and the need to continually eat subsides but continue drinking!!

Wishing you masses of good luck. I have five and a half stone to lose and am thoroughly ashamed of my weight but after just one week I am so much closer to breaking down into the next stone down which is unbelievable really considering I was only a couple of pounds off going into the next stone up. I am aiming to lose half a stone at a time and will reward myself each time!!

I just wanted to wish you good luck. Everyone has already chipped in with some great advice.

Definitely make sure you have enough Attack-friendly food in the house - it really helps to avoid temptation.

Also, don't want to alarm you, but don't worry if you end up with a headache for the first few days. It does go away and is just your body's reaction to getting rid of carbs and everything and going into ketosis - so think of it as a good thing! ;-)

Good luck! What are you eating today? How's it going?

It went badly yesterday but my Tesco order didn't arrive till late and I was starving.
Today I am prepared! I'll make this day one again. My Dukan book and recipe book have arrived now too!
Thanks for the tips they are REALLY helping.
Does anyone know if I can have Philadelphia extra light?
Sarah

Back