Starting today

Hello Everyone

well i'm starting today and as you can see by my username i need to loose 4 stone, but to be honest if i lost 2 stone by june i'd be happy

any tips for me ?

how will i keep motivated to stay on track i believe its very hard especially in the first week :(

Hey your right the first week is the hardest especially the first 3 days. The only thing you can do is keep your eye on the fact the first week is also when you lose the most. Some ppl weigh daily (i personally didnt I liked the surprise at the end) keep your water in take up I have 6 pints a minimum a day. When you feel hungry do something have a hot bath or read a book go for a drive anything that wil take your mind off. Hopefully it wil go fast good luck hun its worth sticking out..

Hey....i have 4 stone 3lb to lose too....now 3 stone 1lb within 2 weeks!
The 1st week is torture but you really need to focus your mind and tell yourself why you are doing this! Once you get past the 1st 3 days it will get easier to focus! Just keep occupied....my house has never been cleaner and more organised!!!
good luck and come on here when you are struggling...reading others stories really helps you get into the frame of mind! x

I have 4 stone 4 pounds to lose and have just joined today - hoping that talking to everyone on here will be another motivation to shift it!

Hi and Welcome needtolose4stones and welshgremlin :)

If I was starting again then I'd have wanted to be told:

Drink plenty of water.

Don't get constipated. Adjust to the changes in that department and keep on top of it.

Visit this site - read other people's experiences and ask questions.

Start a weight-loss diary (on this site).

Don't skip shakes/flapjacks/soups, etc.

Don't have flapjacks in the first place - they're nasty! :p

Dig in for the first week - you won't do it without determination but it does get easier (paracetamol for the headaches).

Look forward to weigh-ins.

Look in the mirror now and then.

Remember it's not forever. You will be able to have treats again one day. :)

Good luck.

Welcome Needtolose4stone & Welshgremlin. I agree with MrC but don't tell him I said that ;) apart from the flapjack line....I love them lol :D

Welcome Ladies, if you want to loose weight fast you are on the right diet, if you need support, you have come to the right place! Whatever your problem one of us will have had it too, whatever the question, someone (probably MrC) will have the answer.
Tough? You bet, certainly to start. Worth it? As someone who has lost 13lb in 3 weeks with 6lb to go, you bet it is!

Thanks for making me feel so welcome! MrC I definitely needed the paracetamol - 3days of headache wasn't fun. I'm doing 3 Zumba classes a week and next week I am going to attempt Spinning - my friends tell me don't step off the bike to quick or your legs will collapse - reassuring NOT! Hope you are all staying on track and thanks again for the support!

That weightloss is amazing patchesmum! I hope I come somewhere close! Did you eat loads of superfree food? Any tips pointers would be great! xx

I'm new to LT as well, I've got 6st to lose. I'm on day 2 and feeling really positive, I thought I would feel hungry but I haven't (up to now anyway!) Can't wait for my first weight in. Does anyone work shifts? If so how do you balance when you have your shakes? I work 12hr days and night and was wondering when the best time to have them are?

You get through by focussing on what you want to acheive and not focussing on what you think you are missing (i.e. food).

Don't think about this as a temporary "punishment" but as a time in whihc you are going to leanr to have control over food rather than food having control over you!

When you're feeling hungry, remember that hunger pangs will pass, and you'll soon feel on top of the world (especially when you stand on those scales)

And look at the diaries. I lost 4 stone in just 12 weeks. I've still got a lot to go though and I read the diaires every day for thinspiration!

keep up the good work! im on day 2, cold and tired also!! its sooooo worth it though, in no time a all this nasty weight will be gone for good!

Back