Starting today

leerhys

Hi Guys,

My name is Sarah and I'm starting today for the first time - I'm kinda scared and excited all at once.

My life fell apart about a month ago when my partner left me and our 12 year old son; it's taken me a few weeks but I have decided to change my life and lose the weight once and for all (although he didnt leave because of my size). I have decided to try and embrace the change and instead of looking backwards to look forwards (it is hard to do but I'm determined).

As you can all probably see from my ticker (if I've done it right lol), I have a LOT of weight to lose. Hopefully I have come to the right place
:D.

Anyway, I just wanted to introduce myself.

Sarah

Hello and welcome

Good luck on tackling your weight its never an wasy task. I hope your first week flies by easy

Thanks miss vlcd38 I appreciate the welcome.

I agree that it is hard to tackle the weight - but I really feel I've made the right decision joing S&S
:D

Good luck, hope this starts a new and improved chapter of your life:)

How are you finding the flavors what ones have you tried?

How are you finding the flavors what ones have you tried?

So far I have had the Macaroni - which I didnt think I would like but it was lush :)

And I have also had a Vanilla Shake which I had hot with a spoon full of Coffee - really enjoyed that too.

I'm an evening eater so I'm keeping two of my packs for later on tonight - I'm going to try the Cottage Pie and Spicy Spaghetti.

I didnt order any bars - because I know I am going to love the Lemon one and I dont think I have the self control to only eat one a day lol.

I like the cottage pie its nice I had the spaghetti for my tea its nice.

Sounds like your doing really well.

I like the cottage pie its nice I had the spaghetti for my tea its nice.

Sounds like your doing really well.

I'm trying and so far it is going great - I have been in work most of the day but tomorrow is my day off so i need to try and keep myself busy. I went out and bought three sets of blinds to hang - who needs a man lol :D! So I will probably do that tomorrow.

I really feel positive about this - I am booking a holiday for myself and my son to Euro Disney for December so I NEED to lose enough weight to go on the rides with him - his dad always did that while I watched.....lol.

I think I am going to enjoy this diet; the support on this forum will make all the difference to me too :)!

miss vlcd38 I just noticed your weightloss - you have lost 14lb in two weeks - that is fantastic :D

Did you struggle at all during the first few days?

Ive been on my own with my 4 children and I can do all sorts tile floors walls put dimmer switches in lay whole upstairs of laminate floor lay carpets as you said who needs a man lol

That will keep you busy and out of temptation.

Yes ive just finished my second week and down1 stone which is good considering I started not that big.

I didnt find it that hard a few head aches a bit hungry nothing major. Just drank plenty of water and kept busy

My Ex is a builder so I never had to worry about doing anything around the house - but he taught me a few things over the years - so I will def be able to put them up.....and if I cant I will ring my dad lol

I take my hat off to you raising four children on your own - you are amazing! I have been struggling with my son since his dad left - my son is a really good kid but its a tough time.

I think 1 stone after two weeks is fantastic - I hope I can achieve similar losses
:)

I'm going to struggle with the water - I am going to try and drink 1 pint every 1.5/2 hrs while I'm in work - by the end of the day I should have drunk enough water. I love Coke Zero - so I can have some of that in the evening with my last pack :)!

Youll be surprised once things settle down how easy it gets. At the start it was hard but definately easier being on my own than being with their dad. Plus it was my choice to throw him out.

Water is very important as you wont lose much if you dont drink the water. Plus running for the loo is good exercise ha ha. Ive upstairs and downstairs toilets so I make sure I use upstairs one so im walking up the stairs constantly :)

Early bath and early bed also helps on first few days. Ive just got my water to have now as ive had everything for today. So I will keep busy and play on my ipad later :)

Youll be surprised once things settle down how easy it gets. At the start it was hard but definately easier being on my own than being with their dad. Plus it was my choice to throw him out.

Water is very important as you wont lose much if you dont drink the water. Plus running for the loo is good exercise ha ha. Ive upstairs and downstairs toilets so I make sure I use upstairs one so im walking up the stairs constantly :)

Early bath and early bed also helps on first few days. Ive just got my water to have now as ive had everything for today. So I will keep busy and play on my ipad later :)

Early bed times has helped over the last month since he left - so I'm kind of in the swing of that. I dont know how I would cope with a late night - I would probably feel dead the next day....lol

I think the water will be the thing I struggle with most - luckily I have a water machine practically on my desk in work so It's easy to fill up. I also bought some orange flavouring - which makes the water taste like orange squash, that definitely helps.

I haven't told anyone in work what I'm doing - they think I'm just trying to drink more water to be healthier - which of course is true lol.

I'm going to aim to get my water finished by about 8pm - I can then relax and have my last pack and a can of Coke Zero :D

Some people have negative comments about the diet because they cant do it. So not telling anyone is a good ideal. Ive had my fair share of negative comments.

What day is weigh in day?

I agree about the negative comments - and to be honest after everything I'm going through I just dont want any more negativity around me.

I started today so does that mean I have to weigh in next Tuesday or next Wednesday? I'm not sure.

I started on Tuesday so I weigh in every Tuesday :)

Im expecting 3lbs a week now thats what I usually have.

Youll find you drop dress sizes so quick its a pain to keep up with it

Hi im in exactly the same position as you, my husband left me 3 weeks ago, my world fell apart too,so i know how you feel, however i stopped eating and it propelled me onto the diet lol x

I started on Tuesday so I weigh in every Tuesday :)

Im expecting 3lbs a week now thats what I usually have.

Youll find you drop dress sizes so quick its a pain to keep up with it

I think I will weigh in every Tuesday too - It's a weird day to start a diet but I thought - It's now or never.

I would be over the moon with a 3lb loss every week - I hope I can achieve it :)

Cant wait to drop dress sizes - I have wardrobes full of clothes - some still with tags on that no longer fit me.

Back