Starting today

Hi there. Good luck with your journey :)
I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time. I dare to say I know how you feel. The past 9 months have been hell for me for similar reasons. If you get a minute have a look at my diary.

Good luck on your journey. We are all here for you :)

It's a sickening feeling isnt it? Just awful - I stopped eating too and then I woke up yesterday and decided I'm not going to let it beat me - he will be sorry (which he will be lol) and that i have to get on with life or just wither and die :(

I really feel for you - I didn't think anything apart from someone dying could ever hurt me so much.

But, life goes on and like I said he will need me before I need him - in fact he has already needed me twice lol

x

It is the most awful feeling in the world , i cried solidly for a week, he told me he didnt love me and i couldnt work out why until i cleared out my bedroom at the weekend and found 11 empty vodka bottles under the wardrobe so i have my answer, sometimes there isnt one but i like you am going to concentrate on myself and he can basically go swivel!!!!lol.......how are you getting on after your first day? just keep positive thoughts and once that weight starts to fall off you will feel great xx

Hi there. Good luck with your journey :)
I'm sorry to hear you had a rough time. I dare to say I know how you feel. The past 9 months have been hell for me for similar reasons. If you get a minute have a look at my diary.

Good luck on your journey. We are all here for you :)

Aww thanks slim_and_happy - it has been so hard and upsetting.

But I need to get my life together - I have a 12 year old son who needs me and I need to do this for myself.

Thanks for the support :)

There is light at the end of the tunnel ladies. Threw mine out about 6 years ago and it was hard at the time but dont regret it for a moment.

Youll both going to lose the weight and start to feel good about yourself have more energy and life in you. So keep it going ladies every change starts with a small step. Take that small step every day and you will be on top before you know it

It is the most awful feeling in the world , i cried solidly for a week, he told me he didnt love me and i couldnt work out why until i cleared out my bedroom at the weekend and found 11 empty vodka bottles under the wardrobe so i have my answer, sometimes there isnt one but i like you am going to concentrate on myself and he can basically go swivel!!!!lol.......how are you getting on after your first day? just keep positive thoughts and once that weight starts to fall off you will feel great xx

My first day was going really well until my ex msgd me on facebook and was mean and nasty to me - it upset me - but and here's the good thing - i didn't run to the fridge :)

I cried for over a week too - I thought I was going to die......never ever felt anything like it before. Lee (my ex) told me he didn't love - came totally out of the blue - we have been best friends for 27 years and have a 12 year old son. I don't know why he said it - there is no other woman - he has moved back in with his parents. He goes to work then straight home then sits in his bedroom all night.

Because we have a son we have to try and stay friendly but everytime we speak he picks a fight and says terrible things to me - I think he is doing it to hurt me, but I dont know why he would do it - he is not a nasty man so this is totally out of character for him.

His mum is a nurse and is convinced he has bipolar - but that doesnt help my son and I.

So now like yourself I have decided that I don't deserve to be treated that way and I need to look out for myself - sounds selfish doesnt it? But it's how I feel.

So it's onwards and upwards for me - I'm really looking fwd to losing the weight - I feel ready this time :) - although the thought of being slim does scare me too :eek:!

There is light at the end of the tunnel ladies. Threw mine out about 6 years ago and it was hard at the time but dont regret it for a moment.

Youll both going to lose the weight and start to feel good about yourself have more energy and life in you. So keep it going ladies every change starts with a small step. Take that small step every day and you will be on top before you know it

I totally agree with you - my best friend always says you will be surprised how far you can travel by only taking baby steps - and she is right!

I'm doing this for myself - and of course my son :D! We need to start having fun again - my ex is really good at fun and I'm always the one who gives the discipline so my boy thinks his dad is fun and I'm not lol! I'm going to show him just how much fun we can have together!!!

It is easier than it was - they say time heals all wounds - I hope they are right.

Aww thanks slim_and_happy - it has been so hard and upsetting.

But I need to get my life together - I have a 12 year old son who needs me and I need to do this for myself.

Thanks for the support :)

You are much stronger than you think you are.
When my world fell apart I literally thought I will never have the energy to carry on. I will admit it. At one point I did not want to live anymore!
Things do get better and as cliche this may sound time really is the best healer. Just take one day at a time and seek for inspiration in your child. You are truly blessed to have him in your life. I sometimes think I will never get a chance to experience motherhood anymore :(
The most important thing though is to remain positive and keep believing in yourself. You deserve to be loved and cherished. You deserve to be happy :)
Hugs x

You are much stronger than you think you are.
When my world fell apart I literally thought I will never have the energy to carry on. I will admit it. At one point I did not want to live anymore!
Things do get better and as cliche this may sound time really is the best healer. Just take one day at a time and seek for inspiration in your child. You are truly blessed to have him in your life. I sometimes think I will never get a chance to experience motherhood anymore :(
The most important thing though is to remain positive and keep believing in yourself. You deserve to be loved and cherished. You deserve to be happy :)
Hugs x

Thanks slim_and_happy, you really are an inspiration.

I'm sure you will get the chance to be a Mother one day - no one knows what the future holds - and I'm sure there is someone out there who is perfect for you and is just waiting for you to find them :D

Some people have negative comments about the diet because they cant do it. So not telling anyone is a good ideal. Ive had my fair share of negative comments.

What day is weigh in day?
I know I haven't told anyone but yesterday at my moms I didn't have much choice as next thurs and fri it's my sister and her sons 18th birthday and they wanted us to go for carvery, so I told them. My mom was very negative saying I'm stupid, sister didn't say anything. But it doesn't bother me what people say, but I think it's very sad when it's from your own family.

Last edited:
Ladies you can do it my sister as two boys grown up now but Her hubby was having an affair for yrs she found out 6 months pregnant, she kicked him out there and then. She was upset for long time but they are good friends now. She even went to his wedding two yrs ago, she has had relationships but prefers to be on her own. It will get better time heals and you don't need men in your life like that, you are worth more than that. Good luck, be strong. X

Ladies you can do it my sister as two boys grown up now but Her hubby was having an affair for yrs she found out 6 months pregnant, she kicked him out there and then. She was upset for long time but they are good friends now. She even went to his wedding two yrs ago, she has had relationships but prefers to be on her own. It will get better time heals and you don't need men in your life like that, you are worth more than that. Good luck, be strong. X

Thanks Dolly1971

It has been tough, it's getting a little bit easier but not much. I guess I just need to take it day by day

I know I haven't told anyone but yesterday at my moms I didn't have much choice as next thurs and fri it's my sister and her sons 18th birthday and they wanted us to go for carvery, so I told them. My mom was very negative saying I'm stupid, sister didn't say anything. But it doesn't bother me what people say, but I think it's very sad when it's from your own family.

Family sometimes feel they have the right to say what they like when they like. It can be very hurtful but It's even worse when they dont really know what they are talking about.

Back