Starting today

Least we're not all alone :s

I'm not doing well at all in week 2. I have been picking at tiny little bits of food prob amounting to no more than 100 cals but that's not the point, I have been really low mood wise especially as it was my wedding anniversary yesterday but sadly we are on the road to seperating so all very difficult and upsetting - I was depserate to cheer myself up with a glass or several of vino which is what I would usually do but managed to resist just carried on feeling sad instead.
I feel the weight loss is not happening fast enough now that I have made the decision to lose weight - I'm frustrated, angry and sad all at the same time - not good!
Oh and I went and got a new set of scales as mine gave me 3 very different readings in one day with a massive 3 stone variable?? SO new scales say I haven't lost as much as I thought or I was heavier to start with than I actually realised. All in all I want to crawl under a duvet and sob until it all goes away :cry:

All going well here. The odd rumble here and there but if I ignore it or have some water it soon passes. Where has everyone else gone?

I'm not doing well at all in week 2. I have been picking at tiny little bits of food prob amounting to no more than 100 cals but that's not the point, I have been really low mood wise especially as it was my wedding anniversary yesterday but sadly we are on the road to seperating so all very difficult and upsetting - I was depserate to cheer myself up with a glass or several of vino which is what I would usually do but managed to resist just carried on feeling sad instead.
I feel the weight loss is not happening fast enough now that I have made the decision to lose weight - I'm frustrated, angry and sad all at the same time - not good!
Oh and I went and got a new set of scales as mine gave me 3 very different readings in one day with a massive 3 stone variable?? SO new scales say I haven't lost as much as I thought or I was heavier to start with than I actually realised. All in all I want to crawl under a duvet and sob until it all goes away :cry:

I really feel for you! I've just completed week 2 and feel the same it must be the hormones :( hope this doesn't last long its driving me crazy! Hope everything gets better for you x

All going well here. The odd rumble here and there but if I ignore it or have some water it soon passes. Where has everyone else gone?

Hi Becka,
Hunger wise I don't feeling anything not even a rumble! I could go all day without a pack have to force myself! Water definatly helped me in the early days - kept the rumbles at bay! It's the emotional side of things getting to me now!

Sorry to hear things are so tough at the moment. It may be the hormones that are making everything more acute at the moment. I had a day in my first 2 weeks where I was really miserable, I think it's a normal part of the diet, it really does mess with your hormones (and TOTM). You've been strong by not giving in to the desire for that glass of wine, and picking little bits of food isnt going to do a lot of harm, you'll still lose weight, but it can affect the overall loss for the week so bear that in mind when you WI at the end of the week.

As for scales, they are notoriously unreliable. I have a set of WW scales that give me a half stone difference every time I stand on them. And my current scales, I thought they weren't working as in Week 2 I think it was, I had 4 days where they didnt move at all, not even an eighth of a lb so I bought a brand new set, exactly the same model as my old set, and they weighed between 1lb and 2lbs more everytime I compared them with the old ones, despite being the same scale. If you use new scales you need to go by what they say and not what the old ones say for consistency, but they may not be totally accurate either. My scales have a calibration thing where I step on and off quickly (before the number settles) and it resets it back to 0.0lbs and then after that I stand on them to get my proper weight.

I know we have all been quiet lately but I just wanted to say good luck for tomorrows weigh in to everyone x

Yeh good luck everyone, I'm back from my holiday today so starting Total Solution tomorrow (did a week working solution before I went away). Have put on a few lbs since last weeks weigh in but thats to be expected. Hopefully onwards and downwards from here on.
:thumbup:

@ Sammy

Meaning to ask you how you're getting on doing the carbonara/porridge on the hob?

Not doing too badly thanks, can't believe it's been two weeks already. I've had a few tempting moments with lots of voices in my head arguing whether to give in to food. But I put my foot down :D

That is really good to hear BeeBeeSee, I have had a bit of that too but it is getting easier for me to say no because I don't want to 'waste' the hard work I have already put in. I still have a long way to go though... I didn't buy the carbonara & porridge in the end just in case it didn't work out too well, I may buy some individually later on but I have had a huge delivery today; just 3 types of shakes & the fruit and nut bars, enough to last me until the beginning of September so I really can't give up now! that extra 10% discount over the weekend was too good for me to ignore.

I am a little worried/excited about the add a meal week though. I really am in two minds whether I should do it or not. What are you doing about it? x

Hi everyone!

Really sorry I've not been on here for over a week now. I've been mad busy with work and looking after my kids whilst my wife is working hard at her new job.

A massive well done to everyone still on the wagon and doing well in week 2 and now week 3. Give yourselves a pat on the back :D

I've doing really well although I have been picking a little bit the last few days. Only the odd little bit of ham or a chunk of steak, but still picking nonetheless. No more from now on.

Weight wise, its looking good. I lost 8lbs last week so my total so far is 24lbs. Quite impressed with the diet so far and the lack of hunger I've felt. I think this is the one that's going to work for me!

I think I'm going to skip the 'add a meal' week and perhaps just have one day where I add a small meal. A little reward more than anything. As much as I dont mind the taste of the shakes and bars, they can get a little boring depending on the mood I'm in!

Anyway, well done to each and every one of you. Keep up the excellent work and lets see those lbs drop off ;)

Onwards and downwards...:thumbup:

I have a stinking cold I don't suppose anyone knows of anything I can take to help my sore throat that won't knock me out of keytosis?

I dont know what you can take (unless you go for one of those throat sprays) but I've got a nasty cough at the moment and have been taking cough syrup as I need it and I'm still in ketosis.

actually the other thing you can try is a salt water gargle, I just remembered that it was recommended by the doctor when I took my daughter there last week with a sore throat and cough. It's basically antiseptic so should help heal it quicker.

Back