Starting today

AM I FINALLY IN KETOSIS?!? I have a foul taste in my mouth since waking up at 6 this morning...but its certainly nothing like a fruity taste, more garlic. I always have bad breath in the morning but this was literally bouncing off the pillow and up my nose! Now my milkshake tastes weird. BUT I'm still getting hungry? Day 7 for me of TS (although i had a glass of vino on Thurs :( ) so surely this is ketosis?!
How is everyone getting on? Just plodding through myself, find it much easier when I'm at home and much harder when in work oddly enough.
Just waiting for a delivery in the next hour with some carbonara so can't wait to see how I feel about that tonight! I've given up on soups and just been on shakes and a few bars. Weigh day tomorrow but I'm on night duty tonight so I won't be going by my morning weight!!! But clothes are definitely looser yay!
Are other people still weighing tomorrow?
xx

Hey foleylf, how did your weigh in go? Mine's tomorrow, really hoping...fingers crossed. I really noticed this morning putting my jeans on how they are so loose not just round my waist but all the way down my thighs as well. Good feeling :)

Hi beebeesee, well I weighed about an hour ago as had just got up after doing a night shift lastnight and I have now lost exactly 1 stone, soooo happy as I had 5days off last week (2nd week). I bet you're excited for tomorrow!!
I too would love to hear how everyone else is getting on?!?

Hello all :)

That is such good news Foleylf, you must be really plesed!

I weighed myself this morning and am currently 16.13lb Woohoo!! i didn't think I would see the number 16 so soon.

I was really worried because as I was feeling so awful over the past week I had had a little chicken and cucumber on Saturday night. A little early I know, but it really did make me feel 'better'. It was lovely to eat with everyone else. This week I am gong to add the 201 calories, maybe not every night but the option is there and next Tuesday get back to 'normal'.

How is everyone else doing?

I have a stinking cold I don't suppose anyone knows of anything I can take to help my sore throat that won't knock me out of keytosis?

Paracetamol, in it's tablet plain form and a hot peach/orange/blackcurrant exante powder drink.
Don't go for dissolvable paracetamol they make it 'grainy' like they do sweetener i.e. add a little carb compound to it.

Just to people who consider not taking the 'food week' when doing total solution, I researched this diet massively before starting it the first time as my Mum (a nurse) was very worried about me doing it. When doing a VLCD there is a slightly increased risk of Gallstones (my understanding is because you are not using your bile in the same way) when you do it longer term, the food week is to minimise this risk and to bring the diet inline with national patient safety recommendations.
Not saying do it or don't do it, I think it's just really good to know.

Just to people who consider not taking the 'food week' when doing total solution, I researched this diet massively before starting it the first time as my Mum (a nurse) was very worried about me doing it. When doing a VLCD there is a slightly increased risk of Gallstones (my understanding is because you are not using your bile in the same way) when you do it longer term, the food week is to minimise this risk and to bring the diet inline with national patient safety recommendations.
Not saying do it or don't do it, I think it's just really good to know.

i lost my gall bladder many moons ago not long after the birth of my eldest daughter after a nasty bout of pancreatitis. I have chosen not to do the foodnweek, I am worried that introducing food so early will lead to a down ward spiral and end up with me off plan.

Hello all :)

That is such good news Foleylf, you must be really plesed!

I weighed myself this morning and am currently 16.13lb Woohoo!! i didn't think I would see the number 16 so soon.

I was really worried because as I was feeling so awful over the past week I had had a little chicken and cucumber on Saturday night. A little early I know, but it really did make me feel 'better'. It was lovely to eat with everyone else. This week I am gong to add the 201 calories, maybe not every night but the option is there and next Tuesday get back to 'normal'.

How is everyone else doing?

So pleased, need to start getting into exercise now, just did the warm-up (6 mins) of a HIIT workout I found online and I was about to pass out, really want to be fit at the end of this weight loss mission too.

Just looking at your statistics, 1 and half lbs from 2 stone there Sammy, you'll surely do that in the next 3 or 4 days! Brilliant!!!
Don't worry about the little bit of food, I have eaten big chunks of cheese in my weak moments, at least you're choosing the healthier and more suited to this diet option! Think it would be a little kick to your metabolism to add the meals this week. I won't be doing that yet as although its technically week 4, lets face it week 2, going on holiday, was a write off!

I can't update my ticker in my signature, I've done it in the ticker factory but when I paste the BB code it doesn't change when I preview it, I feel like I need to see it to feel good Booooo :sigh:

the ticker doesn't show as changed immediately for us but it does show for others, not sure why that is.

I had my gallbladder out last year so not worried about that obviously. And I didnt trust myself to do a food week and be able to get back to 100%. I did LL for 5 months without a single morsel of food passing my lips so I know it's not absolutely necessary. From my experience with gallstones, being overweight is the #1 reason for gallstones so losing weight is the best thing you can do :)

A big congrats to foleylf and sammy, well done! I'm semi excited about weigh in tomorrow, sounds silly coz I've been doing well on the plan. But in myself I find myself flagging a bit. Haven't given into food as such, I had some plain steamed spinach the other day coz I just needed to fill up a bit on something. I feel like I did better the first two weeks, the third week I've been feeling the cold so much, I don't know what it's like to have warm hands anymore.
And I feel starving hungry. Maybe that's coz I'm due on totm soon so I might have a little tuna or something, just to stop myself from going totally overboard and falling of the wagon. *sigh*

Right, WI in this morning, 3lbs down. I'm pleased with it, it's steady. I am considering doing a few WS days now to keep myself going. Can't believe it's been three weeks already since I started. I really should start a diary or weigh in thread *tut*

Thanks Jael :) I never thought I'd get a kick out of seeing my BMI going down. It's such an abstract number, as opposed to weight or inch loss. But seeing it in my stats right there, wow, I'm really pleased hehe.
How are you feeling btw? You've not been well at all, have you.

Thanks Jael :) I never thought I'd get a kick out of seeing my BMI going down. It's such an abstract number, as opposed to weight or inch loss. But seeing it in my stats right there, wow, I'm really pleased hehe.
How are you feeling btw? You've not been well at all, have you.

I'm no better I'm afraid, I'm guessing this is a viral infection rather than a bacterial one since the antibiotics aren't helping, but I may go back to the doctors tomorrow and see what they say.

I love seeing my BMI going down too. I've gone down from 42 to 36 which is great. I have a spreadsheet I use that I record my daily weight, BMI, measurements etc on and it keeps me motivated seeing those numbers going down :)

Aw sorry to hear that Jael, such a nuisance that it just won't shift. Hope the doctors can recommend something. I think it's great you're still managing to stick to plan, I dread to think what I'd be like if I fell ill.
BMI changing very exciting, especially getting into a different bracket as it were. I'm now no longer severely obese category 2, I am now severely obese category 1. :rolleyes:

lovely to pop back and hear about your fab losses, congratulations to you all.
sadly I have nothing to celebrate. Since my husband told me he's leaving me I have done very badly on TS in fact its not TS at all. I am picking at all types of food and having odd whisky as soon as what is happening comes to the front of my mind. I had lost just over 21lbs but have put about 6 back on this week alone. I am disappointed in myself for not being able to control, myself. I have added some walking and swimming back into my life just to get myself some space but it is in no way compensating for my lack of willpower.
I desperately want to get back on track and into ketosis again and get rid of my hideous flab which is probably one of the reasons my dh is leaving me.
oh well I will still pop by here to see how you are doing and maybe it will give me the inspiration to get my act together xx

Back