Starting today

I started the day feeling brilliant but later on I got a muggy head and felt a bit funny. I think I leave my first pack too late so will be eating much earlier tomorrow

Last edited:
I've had a great day today - no rumbles and no headache. Just had second pack - tsp of coffee in vanilla shake...yummy! Think ketosis is well on it's way! How have you all got on today?

Woah how did you only have your second now? I had my banana shake at 09.30 and planned to have my soup at 2.30 but I was dreading it (tom & basil) so put it off til 3.30 ha! It wasnt too bad, tasted like cups of soup ive had before. Feeling Really tired and dozy today, although not in work today so may have felt more energetic in work. Doing very well in fluids yesterday and today, almost 5litres yest and on course for the same today. I'm usually very bad at drinking anything (unless its alcohol!) but I find the trick for me is to always have two or three different drinks in front of me when i'm at home (eg. black coffee, litre bottle of water, pint of sparkling water etc.).
Does everybody find the evenings the hardest?
Xx

Does everybody find the evenings the hardest?
Xx

Definitely the hardest in the evenings for me. I have work and my kids to keep me busy until around 7pm. After that, my brain kicks into food addict mode and I crave absolutely any food I can get my hands on! Plenty of water has helped when I've had hunger pains though.

Jmc, that comment about the choc shake smelling like wet dog had me in stitches, it's my least favourite shake. have lots of it left over as i always reach for an alternative. well done you guys & Good luck...xx

Yeh I could go nearly a whole day without eating but once I've had my dinner I usually just keep grazing for the whole night. Thats usually where healthy eating plans have failed/stopped working for me in the past, I can be really good at breakfast, have a healthy lunch but then by the evening I just want a carb loaded dinner and "snacks" and chocolate and cakes etc! But now because I know i don't have anything nice to look forward to I haven't found the evenings that bad...so far! Had a coke zero last night for a sweet fix :)

Evening! hope everyone has done OK today. I'm just having my last shake of the day and feel really good which I didn't expect :) food didn't really enter my head and I also sat with a friend in her stunning garden in the sunshine drinking hot water whilst she had champagne!!
I have so far managed to drink 4 litres of water each day and it is becoming second nature, the strawberry shake is my favourite by far oh and the mushroom soup which is ironic as I hate mushrooms!!
Is anyone having bars instead of a shake/soup? Are they nice?
I hope everyones headaches past soon and we all see those scales go the right way for once ;)

Sukiblk - I have shakes, porridge, carbonara and bars and the bars are my least favourite, I really don't look forward to them. It's nice to munch on something...if only they tasted better! At least there is no urge to binge on them!

Just had my last shake of the day (didn't realise the time!). Lovely bit of wet-dog smelling chocolate. Good job it tastes fairly ok!

Anyone using the shaker from Exante? I find the spout gets dried shake powder stuck in it. A bit annoying and doesn't taste too great when you don't notice its there and eat it!! Lol

Yea, fluffy brain here too today :p Really foggy all day, not quite with it in work, always stopping mid sentence, couldn't remember how I started. That'll hopefully get better soon hehe.
Evenings are terrible, no matter how busy the day, the evenings are the time when you wind down and maybe relax a bit before going to bed. And along with that come the snacks. And of course we are so geared to reach for something edible especially when tired, the brain is completely programmed that way. Very hard to break.

But much easier having this place to have a moan about it ;)

Bring on day 3 (I think I'm one day behind a lot of you)!

You're definitely right BBC, having this place for a moan does help!

I've got that tired and foggy feeling today. Not hungry at all when I git up though. I bought some Boullion yesterday and have had a cup this morning as well as my vanilla shake with coffee in.

Does anyone know how much Bullion I can have per day?

I think it depends on how much you're using in a cup. I use about a third of a teaspoon as that's plenty strong enough flavour for me. I think it's something like 2 teaspoons a day. It's only supposed to be there as an extra to help if you need it rather than something you rely on. I only have it if I'm feeling desperate, otherwise I have a cup of green tea or a coffee and that usually keeps me going.

It's only supposed to be there as an extra to help if you need it rather than something you rely on. I only have it if I'm feeling desperate, otherwise I have a cup of green tea or a coffee and that usually keeps me going.

Thanks for this Jael. I'm glad you told me this as I thought I could just have it whenever I liked. Will keep it for when I really need it. Does the same apply to Cok Zero?

There's no strict rule but I'd say yes probably. Officially you're not allowed anything other than black tea/coffee and green/peppermint tea, but these are things that people have tried and/or used on other VLCDs that are ok. You're supposed to have the majority of your liquid intake as water and then the rest as extras on top.

Hiya everyone! We have hit that magic day 5 :D

On day 3 I felt so good, no hunger, no headaches but then on day 4 my tummy was rumbling again!! I had my first pack an hour earlier than usual and then had to have pack 2 slightly earlier. By the evening I didn't even want the last pack so today I might move them all forward a bit and see if it helps. No feelings of hunger so far today. This awful taste in my mouth is disgusting! Brushing my teeth has never tasted so good!! Had a couple of lightheaded moments yesterday but nothing major! I'm now looking forward to weigh in 1!

How are you all getting on?

Hiya everyone! We have hit that magic day 5 :D

On day 3 I felt so good, no hunger, no headaches but then on day 4 my tummy was rumbling again!! I had my first pack an hour earlier than usual and then had to have pack 2 slightly earlier. By the evening I didn't even want the last pack so today I might move them all forward a bit and see if it helps. No feelings of hunger so far today. This awful taste in my mouth is disgusting! Brushing my teeth has never tasted so good!! Had a couple of lightheaded moments yesterday but nothing major! I'm now looking forward to weigh in 1!

How are you all getting on?

Hey Becka, I know the days are flying, it's my day 4 today and so far I'm doing better than expected. Finding it quite a relief really not having to think about food. Looking forward to first weigh in like you :) Sounds like you're managing quite well, that's great ;)

Well done Becka and BBC. I too found myself with a rumbling stomach on day 4. Nothing too major but the good news is my headaches seem to have cleared up and I now have bags of energy. I've been up and gutted the house before the wife and kids got up and I still feel like I could run a marathon! Lol.

How often is everyone getting weighed? When I've dieted previously I went every 2 weeks. Are people doing weekly, or sooner?

Oh, just one other thing to report. Being massively overweight, a type 2 diabetic and on the maximum dosage of meds before I have to take insulin, I was getting fasting blood sugar readings of around 14 to 16 (should be between 4 and 8, ideally 5 to 7). Since doing Exante, I'm now averaging between 5.3 and 8.3 and I think it'll improve (I can stop taking some meds and have the same results) as I lose weight :)

Good luck today Becka, BBC and everyone else doing Exante with us. Keep up the excellent work. We can all do this! :thumbup:

How often is everyone getting weighed? When I've dieted previously I went every 2 weeks. Are people doing weekly, or sooner?

Oh, just one other thing to report. Being massively overweight, a type 2 diabetic and on the maximum dosage of meds before I have to take insulin, I was getting fasting blood sugar readings of around 14 to 16 (should be between 4 and 8, ideally 5 to 7). Since doing Exante, I'm now averaging between 5.3 and 8.3 and I think it'll improve (I can stop taking some meds and have the same results) as I lose weight

Morning all!
Not only is it day 5, it's the weekend...and I always eat badly at the weekend (takeaway/restaurant and alcohol, sunday roast) so this is the tester for me!
Planning to weigh every week, 2 is just way too much suspence for me!!!
JMC that is absolutely fantastic news about your blood sugar readings, and so quickly!
Good luck with day 5 (or 4) guys :D

Well done Becka and BBC. I too found myself with a rumbling stomach on day 4. Nothing too major but the good news is my headaches seem to have cleared up and I now have bags of energy. I've been up and gutted the house before the wife and kids got up and I still feel like I could run a marathon! Lol.

Oh, just one other thing to report. Being massively overweight, a type 2 diabetic and on the maximum dosage of meds before I have to take insulin, I was getting fasting blood sugar readings of around 14 to 16 (should be between 4 and 8, ideally 5 to 7). Since doing Exante, I'm now averaging between 5.3 and 8.3 and I think it'll improve (I can stop taking some meds and have the same results) as I lose weight :)

Good luck today Becka, BBC and everyone else doing Exante with us. Keep up the excellent work. We can all do this! :thumbup:

That is amazing!! Something must be happening! I would think you are in ketosis now - especially with all that energy! I too feel energetic today and still not hungry. Being in ketosis makes a VLCD sooo much easier.

I plan to weigh in weekly - just because I know I will have lost weight - would be almost impossible not to - and it will keep me motivated. What do you plan to do?

Thinking ahead already but are you planning to eat every 4th week like exante suggests or just stick with packs? When I did LL I abstained from food for 18 weeks - can't see why this would be any different. I would prefer to stay away from food if possible.

That's really encouraging to hear that you're doing so well and great news about your blood sugar!! How's your wife doing on the programme?

On day 4 today and I'm doing alright, had a moment earlier when I just felt so wrecked and tired after quite a hard day out that I just felt like curling up and stuffing my face but I immediately rejected that thought. That's what got me into this in the first place so I'm gonna stick with it. And actually feeling very positive about it. :)

Back