Total Solution Starting tomorrow and a little bit terrified...

ephedrine

Hello all

I'm starting the total solution tomorrow and as the title suggests I'm feeling a little bit scared. I've cut down on carbs for the past 3 days so that should help a bit but I'm just scared of feeling hungry I guess... I've not felt true hunger in a very long time.

I also have a lot of work to do (student) and I'm a bit apprehensive that having low carbs will alter my brain power and it will make my written work turn into complete garbage haha!

Any reassurance would be really appreciated :)

I've not long started.... day 3. Good idea on cutting down carbs, I didnt, but still going strong so far haha. If you feel hungry, drink some water! Honestly, most hunger is actually thirst! If that doesn't help, then if you are getting the bars too, save your bar until you are hungry :) I'm a student too, 3rd year so got dissertations and essays all over the place lol! After the first few days when you will probably not feel good (as I'm finding out now), once they are over you should be fine :-D Good luck!! :)

First of all hello, and good luck for tomorrow!

We are all different but personally, I didn't feel hungry at all when I started at first, but it hit me after a week and I seemed to have a day of feeling starving!

Make good use of the Exante website and this one for good hints and tips, I so value the support and encouragement I get from other members on here and makes me feel I am not on this journey alone.

It may not be possible, and again everyone is different, but I tried to totally remove myself from food for the first couple of weeks and let my other half fend for himself. However now I can happily cook for him and sit at the dinner table and have my soup!

Glug as much water as possible and another good thing to get is Marigold vegetable bullion which is really tasty and think we are allowed 2 - 3 cups a day.
Can't help you on the brain stuff....I have always been dippy! But not feeling tired or lacking concentration at work.

Good luck and keep us posted. xx

Thanks so much for the encouragement and words of wisdom Steeleee! Yeah I've read that most hunger is thirst, I drink a fair bit of fluid normally anyway so I'm pretty sure I'm just a greedy so n so!

Ahhh I'm also in the dreaded third year! Essays, coursework, lectures, dissertation and a third year project which all have deadlines in the same 3 months :s Hope I get over the first few days ok, fully stocked up on paracetamol for the headaches though! Are you feeling hungry still on day 3?

Thanks Handbag-annie, I will be totally removed from food. I've eaten my cupboards bare and I live in student halls that lack the luxury of a full kitchen so I wont have to smell people cooking luckily.

I will definitely look into getting some of the bullion stuff as I reckon that could be a lifesaver, does it just taste like stock cube water? Good to hear you aren't lacking concentration at work, this is one of the things that has stopped me trying exante in the past as I just constantly think I'll need 'brain food'.

hiya just wanted to wish you luck

i think im starting another restart tomorrow depending on how i wake up lol

well either tomorrow or weds (daughters at hospital tues so may wait but not sure yet) either way il be roughly with you on timings ive done it many a time mostly successfully youl be fine just take it easy n drink loads in first few days

keep me motivated n il return the favour :)

all the best for tomorrow hun first day of the rest of your life n all that! xx

Aww no worries, glad to help :) Ohhh 3rd year is a bugger isnt it? lol! What are u studying? Good luck :D I found up until today I wasnt actually hungry tbh, but I suppose its different for everyone :) The first few days you probably wont feel great.... but come weigh-in day, that will change.... thats the way I'm looking at it :)

hey ephidrine, best of luck with the diet, once you get the first few days under your belt you should feel good :) ....Make sure you drink plenty of water!!!
Shell09 - best of luck for whatever day you choose to re-start!! :D

WE CAN ALL DO THIS!! DESTINATION SLIM-ASSEDVILLE!! :D :D :D

Just wanted to say hi, I started last Monday so tomorrow will be my first weigh in, everyone is different but I have been fine all week, I haven't felt hungry, I only had a headache one day and took paracetamol and was fine, just make sure you drink plenty of water!

Back