Starting tomorrow! Scared and excited!

Well I made my OH a quick curry and took the dog out a walk while he ate it so that's dinner out the way with for this evening. Thank god. Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow girlies. The newbies must drive you to distraction at times (sorry!!)

Well the scales are showing a 0.5lb loss so I am so glad I didn't cave last night (thanks Lilac & Lucinda!!) also understand I have a lot of reprogramming to do. I need to seek my treats elsewhere. I'm going to start treating myself to a new DVD or nail varnish or massage if I make it successfully to a Saturday. Saturdays are typically always the day I cave but stayed 100% yesterday and if I've done it once I will do it again. I'll still have something nice, just not to eat. Have a good day everyone. Pamela xx

Well done... Dont ya just feel great when ya stick at it! Last night around 7.30/8 I heated up the choc shake & had a lovely hot choc for first time.. Was really nice... Also my fiancé went food shopping & brought me back a bottle of sparkling water in a glass bottle which looked like a glass of wine.. I drank it out of a wine glass watching xfactor & felt totally satisfied :) pleased me psychologically :)
Feeling very pleased I got through my first weekend which usually I'd always over indulge just for the sake of it being 'the weekend'
First weigh in tomorrow morning :) x

Sent from my iPhone gillyella

Good luck for tomorrow!! I feel so pleased with myself. Thats a really good idea about the water. Think I'll do that next Saturday and I can pretend I'm drinking cava lol!! Im hoping this is a good week for me. I start a new job tomorrow so new starts all round. I'm feeling quite nervous so not even thinking about food this morning. I hope you get good news tomorrow . Keep us up to date. P xx

good luck with the new job

Breakthrough! I actually really enjoyed my strawberry shake tonight. It's the first time I've not had to gulp it down. I must be getting used to the shakes now. Next step is to try the soup!

yuk i cant stand the strawberry! but i suppose it abit of variety. im kind of getting bored of chocolate now but im not quitting.
good luck with your new job. i started my teacher training last week and ive been sat in the cafe with a shake while my friends eat chips ect. but i keep thinking to myself that i will be thin xx

Day 8 and not feeling so great. I have a fuzzy tongue. It feels horrible. Does this las from now on in? Will it go? Im drinking loads of water but still fuzzy. Help please.

i noticed in the chemist there was a tongue cleaner,i tried the sonic toothbrush on my tongue the other day certainly a funny feeling.
re your saturday nights ,perhaps you could a looking at doing something special together ,what about nice candles and a back rub or massage

Hiya Pamdev! Hope your second week's going great and the tongue-fur thing isn't bothering you too much!! I got one of those toothbrushes with a tongue cleaner on the back of it & it does the trick. I rinse with Listerine Soft Mint then as I find the other Listerine flavours eye-wateringly strong! I keep a spare tootbrush & mouth wash in work too to fend off the dragon-breath!!
Have a great TFR weekend petal & keep up the momentum xx

x S

Hi Shivie. 2nd week going well so far. getting weighed tomorrow morning so praying for a good loss. The only thing getting me down is this fuzzy feeling in my mouth but as long as the scales keep dropping I'll put up with it.
Lilac, there will be no re-run of last saturday night, I am fully prepared with my fizzy water and a selection of trashy mags to distract me when I feel like caving. I want to get to a size 12 too much now to ruin it all for one binge now.
As always, thanks EVERYONE for the support. without this forum I doubt I'd have got passed day 3 but here I am on day 11. Have a nice evening everyone xx

Hi everyone. I need to moan about this again because it's really getting to me. My fuzzy tongue is driving me mad. I bought a scraper today but it's not really helping. Fortunately I'm not suffering from bad breath, just this horrid sensation in my mouth. I read online that this is a sign of deep ketosis and happens while the body is ridding itself of all the bad stuff. Then will return to pink once your system is cleansed. Have any of you lovely ladies or gentlemen had experience of this? As I said in another post this is the one thing that could tip me on this diet. Any reassurance, thoughts or other very much appreciated.

i had a horrible mouth for the first week or so in ketosis, I have to say maybe i have just got used to it and still have it lol but i think it only lasted about a week then went away, fingers crossed your fuzzy tongue goes soon x

Success. Woke up this morning and fuzzy tongue no more!!! Was really getting me down so glad to be feeling back to normal. Well as normal as you can on this diet!!

Back