Starting tomorrow!

Mizkirsty

Gold Member
So I'm starting my slim fast journey tomorrow!

I've bought the ready made shakes (in the past I've struggled to stomach the powder make your own - so hoping these are better!)

Any tips?! What have your losses been like?!

What struggles have you found?! X

Welcome!

I struggled with the day time just play about with times you have shakes i have my morning snack at 12 so i feel like im having dinner!

Good luck ! :)

Welcome!

I struggled with the day time just play about with times you have shakes i have my morning snack at 12 so i feel like im having dinner!

Good luck ! :)

Thanks! I'm a little apprehensive at whether ill like the shakes or not! :s Ie bought a mix so I can try all of them!

I'm gonna have to play around I think! What sort of cals do you stick too (thinking snack wise is all!)

Xx

230 shake 10.30am

100cal snack 12pm (ww soup/ crisps/ 1piece of toast)

230 shake 2.30pm

100val snack - banana 5ish

600 cal tea most of the time i get it dead on as i think il be hungry later if its under!

100cal snack chocolate/ crisps /jelly and a brew!

I really like the powdered shakes but cant stand the bottles for some reason!

230 shake 10.30am

100cal snack 12pm (ww soup/ crisps/ 1piece of toast)

230 shake 2.30pm

100val snack - banana 5ish

600 cal tea most of the time i get it dead on as i think il be hungry later if its under!

100cal snack chocolate/ crisps /jelly and a brew!

I really like the powdered shakes but cant stand the bottles for some reason!

Mind if I join u? I like tesco and asda ready made shakes much better although I've never stuck to it 100% so I'm willing to give it a go! X

Mind if I join u? I like tesco and asda ready made shakes much better although I've never stuck to it 100% so I'm willing to give it a go! X

More the merrier!

Tbh it was years ago I tried the ready made shakes and several times I've tried the powder of different brands and just can't stomach it I end up gagging!!

So I've bought all ready made shakes in the hope ill manage them! Or also bought a couple of he bars for more convenience when out and about!

I've set a goal of 2 st 3.25lbs ATM but may increase tht when I get there!! That will be about 5st total xx

Well good luck hun with ur goal that you have set, I'm planning for 2st at the mo as I have holiday in oct,
B
X

Thanks I am a little apprehensive! I've never done any kind of replacement diet!

Not quite sure how ill do! Will power I suppose!

What do you guys have for your 600cal meals some ideas would be great :) xx

First day down. And feeling very positive!

Managed a raspberry shake this morning! And I didn't gag once! So the ready made shakes at the way forward for me :)
I had a meal bar for lunch and have dinner planned for this evening! Haven't needed any snacks today but I did get up very late today which is probably why!

But feeling very positive! Xx

Worst day nearly over then ! Glad you have found something you like :)

Haha it's got to be one of the ingredients in the powder - it has a really strong smell and the consistency makes me gag lol

But this morning I was fine :)

Is day one the hardest!? I thought that would be easier due to the hight of motivation lol!

My main dinner is 695 cals so I just won't have all 3 snacks ill have two - I've had one snack and its all I've needed so far!

Do you reckon that's ok?! X

Thanks I am a little apprehensive! I've never done any kind of replacement diet!

Not quite sure how ill do! Will power I suppose!

What do you guys have for your 600cal meals some ideas would be great :) xx

To be honest i eat the same but just less! If i fancy a burger (without bun) i have it but with salad. I pick the main bit ( chicken/ fish fingers! Etc) then work out the calories to see whats left then work out what i can have with it jacket/rice/oven chips .

I keep calculator,pen and paper in the kitchen to work it all out , there are probably easier ways of making a meal plan but its working so far and i dont go without!

Examples are gammon rounds, poached egg and oven chips- pesto pasta with WW garlic bread- pastrami mustard and rocket sub with oven chips- tuna jacket and salad, Batulars pasta and sauce packets

Eating out - half a biryani and 2x popadoms (just plain onion dip) kfc (1 piece/2 wings/ chips/ sprite zero) macdonalds mcChicken sandwich meal these come to 700 cals and dont have evening snack

Sorry for long reply !

To be honest i eat the same but just less! If i fancy a burger (without bun) i have it but with salad. I pick the main bit ( chicken/ fish fingers! Etc) then work out the calories to see whats left then work out what i can have with it jacket/rice/oven chips .

I keep calculator,pen and paper in the kitchen to work it all out , there are probably easier ways of making a meal plan but its working so far and i dont go without!

Examples are gammon rounds, poached egg and oven chips- pesto pasta with WW garlic bread- pastrami mustard and rocket sub with oven chips- tuna jacket and salad, Batulars pasta and sauce packets

Eating out - half a biryani and 2x popadoms (just plain onion dip) kfc (1 piece/2 wings/ chips/ sprite zero) macdonalds mcChicken sandwich meal these come to 700 cals and dont have evening snack

Sorry for long reply !

Thanks for the reply. :) brill makes me feel better knowing I can do that!
I suppose as long as the cals are the same it doesn't matter if its part of your meal or a snack :)

How are your losses. How long have you been doing sf xx

Before holiday i lost 1st2lb in six weeks this could have been more if i had healthier snacks and teas.

For me i want to re educate myself i was ignorant before to calories and feel slim fast allows me to learn about calories one meal at a time. I lost weight when i went to the gym and put it on when i stopped!

I say ignorant i suppose stupid! Went to weatherspoons and saw calories for their combo starter which i used to order as my main 1750 cals!! I used to eat that if i went out plus my other meals!!

Before holiday i lost 1st2lb in six weeks this could have been more if i had healthier snacks and teas.

For me i want to re educate myself i was ignorant before to calories and feel slim fast allows me to learn about calories one meal at a time. I lost weight when i went to the gym and put it on when i stopped!

I say ignorant i suppose stupid! Went to weatherspoons and saw calories for their combo starter which i used to order as my main 1750 cals!! I used to eat that if i went out plus my other meals!!

Wow that's brilliant I can only dream of a loss that good!
I'm on holiday in 2 so I get that'll set me back a little anyway! But I'm hoping for 7lbs before! If I'm lucky!

I'm a big gym/class/runner however in the past cal counting I've always been told to "eat exercise cals back" but obv won't be this time round!

Yes it's easily done! There are hidden cals everywhere!! The buggars! X

Im sure with the gym youl do it ! I only do one class a week and really im not sure i could go with this little food i would be starving!but i always have pasta on class night then go to bed once am home! But i suppose going to the gym is far better then a small bit of walking so a sligjt increase of calories for the energy would be okay

I suppose eating cals back is to maintain isnt it? Holiday set me back a few weeks but back on track now i just have to remember it wont happen over night!

Im sure with the gym youl do it ! I only do one class a week and really im not sure i could go with this little food i would be starving!but i always have pasta on class night then go to bed once am home! But i suppose going to the gym is far better then a small bit of walking so a sligjt increase of calories for the energy would be okay

I suppose eating cals back is to maintain isnt it? Holiday set me back a few weeks but back on track now i just have to remember it wont happen over night!

I hope so - I also need the mental boost I've been messing around for a while and in that time gained back a stone! I was previously about a stone lighter!!

I don't intend on upping the cals on exercise days! I think ill just follow the plan regardless! But ensure I have high protein perhaps to keep me fuller! But pasta is also a good idea!

I think the theory behind eating the cals your burn back is so your body doesn't go into starvation mode so you always net a minimum of 1200.

But slim fast doesn't promote that so I won't bother! And tbh it's not really worked in the past hence me being where I am lol!!

I'm like that I'd like instant results too lol! My holiday will set me back! But a few losses between now and then will make me happy :) xx

Mmmm

I really like the chocolate shake - it tastes how I imagine a normal chocolate shake tastes!

X

Back