Starting tomorrow.....

kfowler87

Hi everyone, just thought I would introduce myself on here if for no other reason then to make sure I stick to my plan of starting SW from home tomorrow!

For the past 5 years I have been losing weight on my own, with my ultimate target being my wedding, which was 6 weeks ago yesterday! I lost 6.5stone in total, and though that is a good achievement, I still have approximately another 1.5 stones to go.....the problem is I am currently experiencing the wedding and honeymoon blues....how does normal life ever match up to the best day of your life!! However, rather than give up hope and start my old comfort eating, I have decided to do something about it as I am determined not to let the weight start creeping back on .... especially as I have already had some comments from friends and colleagues that "I can now give up the diet, and enjoy myself again".

Losing weight has given me so much confidence, and I really don't want to lose it!! Anyway, any advice, tips guidance etc etc etc, I would be extremely grateful Looking forward to speaking to lots of you soon

Kirsty x

Good luck from another newbie and congrats on the wedding

A fellow newb here as well - lets do it!! (lose weight)

Congrats on the wedding and that marvelous weight loss. Ok now for that final push, you can do it!! Good luck x

A fellow newb here as well - lets do it!! (lose weight)

Congrats on the wedding and that marvelous weight loss. Ok now for that final push, you can do it!! Good luck x

Thanks guys - we can do it :) Day 2 and I am feeling positive (and rather stuffed after a massive lunch!!) .... :) x

Hiya, I'm another newbie. Hope today is going well for you.

Don't listen to the people saying you can give up the diet. You have done amazing and it would be a shame to stop now before you get to your ultimate target

Hiya, I'm another newbie. Hope today is going well for you.

Don't listen to the people saying you can give up the diet. You have done amazing and it would be a shame to stop now before you get to your ultimate target

Thanks Hun, thats exactly how I feel - I just want to get there - I want to be a slim wife haha!!

Looks like you are already doing so well - keep that up :) I unfortunately done a sneaky mid week weigh in today and even though I have been really good with food so far, and super enthusiastic with gym classes, the scales have gone up - boo hiss!! Maybe just an off day.....

Do you keep a food diary?

I don't keep a food diary, just because I normally do it for a few days and then it fizzles out. I almost do mine the other way round. I plan what I'm going to eat and then I stick to it rigidly. I find that even a tiny deviation from it and things start to slip, so at the moment I'm just being super strict with myself and not even contemplating cheating.

I'm also a serial weigher which I know is discouraged, but it works for me. I weight myself first thing naked every morning as soon as I get up. If the scales have gone down it gives me the buzz to carry on. If the scales have gone up or stay the same it gives me the incentive to try harder.

I don't keep a food diary, just because I normally do it for a few days and then it fizzles out. I almost do mine the other way round. I plan what I'm going to eat and then I stick to it rigidly. I find that even a tiny deviation from it and things start to slip, so at the moment I'm just being super strict with myself and not even contemplating cheating. I'm also a serial weigher which I know is discouraged, but it works for me. I weight myself first thing naked every morning as soon as I get up. If the scales have gone down it gives me the buzz to carry on. If the scales have gone up or stay the same it gives me the incentive to try harder.

I struggle so much to keep away from the scales....it just discourages me so much when they go up and I'm trying so hard! I actually don't mind when I've cheated, then I feel I deserve it! :)

Back