starting uni in September. realistic loss in 8 wks ???

jubob1

Morning all. I start university in September as a mature student. I'm not looking forward to comparing myself to all those pretty, slim, young things!! So I've started sw with the hopes to lose a bit before I go, hopefully this may give me a bit of confidence. Can anyone comment on a realistic amount I could lose in 8 wks if I really stick to it and exercise? X

It depends how heavy you are to be honest. Though I think a stone is easily achievable if you stick to the plan 100% X

Thanx for you're reply hun. I'm 5'6 and 11 stone 7. My worst area its my stomach, I've got for kids all by ceaserean so it's in a right mess, I'm hoping it might not look so bad if I lose some weight.

I think 11st 4lbs is the upper limit for 5'6, so you may find that after losing half a stone-1st you feel much better :) As you don't have much to lose, I'd say to aim for half a stone in the next 8 weeks and maybe consider some toning exercises Xx

Good for you for starting slimming world... Those pretty slim girls you talk about won't stay slim for long... I speak from experience first time away from home and constant partying means pretty much every one gains about a stone in the first year. Stick with slimming with sw and they'll soon be envious of your skinny waist!

Whilst I'm there I'm going to take full advantage of the gym and pool.
I know the consultants start you on the ee but I'm sticking with the red and green days as ee just seems to easy! How much have you all lost and in what time frames? (If you don't mind me asking) :)

Good for you for starting slimming world... Those pretty slim girls you talk about won't stay slim for long... I speak from experience first time away from home and constant partying means pretty much every one gains about a stone in the first year. Stick with slimming with sw and they'll soon be envious of your skinny waist!

Never was a truer word said haha, even the tiniest girl in my halls had put on a stone and a half by the end of my first year! I spent my first 3 month summer break working out like mad to lose the alcohol weight!

Im a student and on the same mission to be slimmer before i start at uni again, but I actually find it will be easier sticking the diet when i am in halls because i buy all my own food whereas my parents house is full of junk food and Im too busy to even think about food as much

jubob1 said:
Whilst I'm there I'm going to take full advantage of the gym and pool.
I know the consultants start you on the ee but I'm sticking with the red and green days as ee just seems to easy! How much have you all lost and in what time frames? (If you don't mind me asking) :)

I follow ee and have lost 22lbs in 11 weeks.... It works. By all means if red and green suit you then go for it but many people find that ee fits into normal life better. It certainly does for my family everybody eats the same thing and it's not much different from how we used to eat just more super free.

clairebrookes said:
I follow ee and have lost 22lbs in 11 weeks.... It works. By all means if red and green suit you then go for it but many people find that ee fits into normal life better. It certainly does for my family everybody eats the same thing and it's not much different from how we used to eat just more super free.

Wow that's fantastic...22lbs in 11 wks. I hope this works that well for me. Well done you.

jezzi999 said:
Seems too easy? What a crazy reason not to do it ;-p But it works!

Hahaha. Yes I suppose that it is a mad reason not to do it! I just meant that I worry it would't work because it does seem too easy. X

Back