Starting xenical and confused

I'm doing ok Violet thanks, not feeling too hungry, only towards my evening meal do I get really hungry but resisting the urge to snack and I'm managing to eat things I have done, just smaller portions etc..

I am craving savoury things though, to snack on because I do allow myself somesupper around this time, which this week has been chopped up fruit with fat free yoghurt, which is lovely, but i'm craving savoury, I have a savoury tooth!

How are you getting on?

Im getting on ok, but I am missing stuff. Crisps, chocolate really.
I had a phone call from one of the xenical nurse's last night and she was really helpful and told me I should be eating more!
When I told her I have 2 shredded wheat for b/fast she said there's no reason why I shouldnt have lean bacon, tomatoes, mushrooms, and a poached egg!!!! I have tried it today, dont know what tommorrow will bring though re toilet situation!! I had an egg last week and had stomach ache but Ive tried again to see if it defo was that. Im just trying to find out what works for me and what doesnt. I read somewhere that someone had a terrible experience with beans!! So we are all going to find different stuff does different things to us!

When is your weigh day? Mine is Mondays, so hopefullyI will have lost a bit more.....we shall see!
I dont know how to do pm's on here or we could have emailed each other.

Oooh! A nice breakfast! Woo! Well my family are coming up this weekend and they usually get a take away or something, but I don't know what to have really? I wasthinking a pitta or nan bread stuff with salad and a bit of char grilled chicken? I suppose I would have to ask how they cook it wouldn't it?

Or may be a vegetarian option?

What would you do?

My weigh ins are monthly, I am increasingley wanting to know more though LOL. I don't own a pair of scales either LOL.

I asked the nurse about eating out and takeaways last night actually and she said go for white meat dishes, not a fried rice dish.
You are so good not weighing yourself each week, I couldnt wait! But the beauty of monthly is hopefully it will be a hefty loss!!!!
Good luck this weekend and let me know how you got on and what you had!

I avoid cheese laiden food, anything with an 'oil' dressing, any meat that's dry fried as they tend not to have drained off the excess fat and opt for a breast of chicken grilled then sliced, char grill is good as long as they didn't coat it in oil to stop it sticking to the grill. Alternatively you can do what I do sometimes, when they order theirs in, i ask them to get me whatever side salad is avaliable and then I pop a chicken breast onto the Foremans Grill, by the time theirs arrives mine is ready!

Simple really, oh and be careful of nan bread, it's got oil in it, pitta is good, but go for brown if you can, it's healthier for you.

Bunny x

Thanks Guys, not been on for a few days because i've been super busy and i'm not well :( Got the dreaded lurgy.

Well on Sat night I ordered a Nan chicken kebab and only ate half of it and had some donner meat too and was fine. I also drank cider all night, I didn't take my evening meal tablet though and Just carried on as normal the next day!

Went out for an italian last night to celebrate 6 years with my boyfriend, missed the evening tablet again but didn't have anything particularly fatty anyway, Had prawn and scallop starter, lamb andspinach for main, had a chocolate pudding though and have been fine. Back to normal today!

:)

Got my pack through and thats good, when I am feeling better I will throw myself back in to it, for now I am eating small meals and still taking my tablets :)

How is everyone else doing?

Hi All,
Another good week for me I lost 2lbs! I find Im eating smaller meals too KM.
Congrats on your anniversary, the meal sounds lovely, I think your best not to take the tablet and then carry on as normal the next day. Ive got a busy weekend coming up somewhere it will involve a Krispy Kreme do-nut (or two!) so may miss my evening tab on Sat night.
Keep up the good work........and here's to another week! x

Keep it up girls, you're doing great :) x

Hi guys- Im starting on this too today, and have previously used it. I didnt use it long enough before to see if it worked though. Scary news is that I stopped it before after a week as I couldnt control myself and after eating lots of fatty food, I had an 'accident' with the orange oil. Luckily I was at home, but it scared me so much I stopped! This time Im going to be good so really going for it!

Hi Em100, welcome. Ive been on xenical for 3 weeks now and Ive not had any side effects, just a slight amount of orange oil but certainly not enough to be embarrassing!
Im finding it a good deterrent actually!
Keep posting with your progress and good luck!

Hi,:wavey:

Hope you don't mind another one joining you??

I struggled to find a forum about Xenical, so it's nice to find this one.

I have tried every diet on the planet and did succeed in losing weight everytime, but I did the diets badly and put the weight back on.:boohoo: I haven't been in the right mind to lose the weight the last few times I tried, so I approached my GP and asked them for help. I had read about Reductil & Xenical. They recommended Xenical for me.

I started on Xenical on January 7th, 1st weigh-in was the 14th and I have weighed every Wednesday since. I have lost 10lbs :clap:in 4wks while taking the tablets. I am very pleased with that.

I (touch wood) have not had any of the orange oily substance :sign0131: people talk about. I have been so busy, with new job, I haven't exercised AT ALL, so I am surprised at the loss. Can't wait to see what it would be if I actually exercised!!

The only side affect (and I welcome it) is that it makes me more regular.

I still have my chocolate (on weigh-in day), 8 squares of Dairymilk and I take about 2 hours to eat it. I savour each square and have no side affects the following day. All the other diets, I restricted sooo much that I craved "treats" every day. So I promised myself that I wouldn't do that this time. If I want it I'll have it. The nice thing is that because I have that attitude now, I don't crave the "treats" anymore and as I said I have my choc every week (actually now that I think about it, I didn't have any last week - but won't double up this week:)).

I'm hoping to not stay on Xenical for too long. I'm using it to re-train my brain, tastebuds, and stomach on what I should and shouldn't eat. Knowing that I have to limit the fat intake is helping me do that.

I am due to go back to the docs next week for the next months supply.

I wish everyone the best of luck on their journey and look forward to chatting and helping each other along.
:):):):):):)

Hi tryingtogetslim & rubensque :bliss:

Really glad you found us! It really helps to have others on here who know how you feel!
I try to post everyday with a little update. Would love to hear how you both get on.
Good luck and once again WELCOME!
x

Hi, can I join you all? I'm new to Xenical. I've been taking it for 9 days and have lost 7lbs which I can't quite believe. Too good to be true?
So, I was 15st 11lb and am now 15st 4lb. The doctor set 11st 9lb as my target weight which I thought was quite high. I'm 5'7" and am quite big built including an inherited big bum courtesy of my Mother!! So maybe 11st 9lb is reasonable. Don't know why I'm thinking that far ahead anyway. May never get there!!
At the minute my first target is to comfortably fit back in my size 18's. Can shoe horn myself into one pair, (not a pretty sight!), but really I'm a 20.
Not had any orange poos at all yet and I'm beginning to think I should have, although from what I hear that can wait!! x

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome.

Wind is an issue, but as I don't have the orange stuff, the wind lets me know that I have taken too much fat. So it's something. I'll just excuse myself from a room if I feel it coming on.:D

I know it sounds silly, but when I got up this morning, I felt very heavy in myself, as if I put back on the 10lbs I had lost. Stood on scales, cos panicked a bit and was delighted to see that I was actually gone under 14st (13st 13lbs), it's only a pound down from weigh-in day on wednesday, but still (now I just have to keep it off for next wednesday) so I am obviously just having a bloaty day as I still feel the same now.

Anyway, gotta run for now..

Good Luck.,

Back