Starting xenical and confused

Thanks "TTGS", I couldnt quite believe it myself, I nearly fell off the scales with disbelieve and then I came to work and re-checked on the scales here twice lol (I work in a hospital - so I went on the assumption that the scales here MUST be right). I just hope it carrys on in that direction *crosses my fingers*

Sarah that's great!

Been looking online for xenical (my doctor's don't prescribe slimming tablets of any sort!).

Boots do a weight loss programme in their pharmacy whre they prescribe xenical (orlistat), think it was 60 ish a month!

Might give it a go reading this thread. They give you a diet to follow as well.

Helen

hi all,
I only lost 2lbs this week, but I didnt take the tablets or stick to low fat on sat or sunday due to family commitments, so Im really pleased and looking forward to my weigh in this monday.

Hi helen, I've been following a low fat diet just because I've been so scared to eat anything fatty in case I get the nasty side effects and got ideas of meal plans from the MAPs website (this is the xenical website for people that have been prescribed it already run by the manufacturer). In terms of the diet they advise it is just a low fat diet which is anything below 5% fat. I've found everyone on here so supportive and its nice to know there are people going through the same thing as you that you can chat to so even if you decide not to follow the boots plan it would be nice to know how you get along x x

Hi, can I join you :)
What a great forum.
I have been on xenical for just over a month and I have lost a stone. I have only had one dose of the orange oil thankfully. Was a bit puzzled as to why as I thought I had been good, the only thing I think it could have been was beef brisket we had at the weekend.

Someone mentioned about sainsburys range of foods their low fat mayonnaise is yum and only 7grams of fat per 100ml and it tastes good I can't stand the hellmans extra light mayo.
I don't know who said about being a savoury eater wanting a suggestion for supper. I often cook some pasta add a tin of mixed bean salad and some low fat mayo, that helps my cravings.
So far this has been the easiest diet I have ever followed I don't know why I couldn't just eat low fat before.
I have a bad knee (broken 3 times) and at 34 I worry what my knees will be like when I'm 50 so I just have to lose weight this time.

Sarah that's great!

Been looking online for xenical (my doctor's don't prescribe slimming tablets of any sort!).

Boots do a weight loss programme in their pharmacy whre they prescribe xenical (orlistat), think it was 60 ish a month!

Might give it a go reading this thread. They give you a diet to follow as well.

Helen

Please, please, don't buy anything online when it comes to medication. You can just never know if it does "exactly what it says on the tin", if you know what I mean. The ingrediants might be different or stronger/weaker. I'd hate to think you would get ill from taking something not approved by a professional.

Is it possible to see a diferent doctor just for this? You could explain that it's not that your doctor won't allow it that they just have a policy not to prescribe slimming tablets of any kind????

Good luck with it.

I haven't had a great week this week, lost less than a pound (better than a gain, I know). But it's my own fault, it's not that I have been eating too much fat, my meals are still within the limits, I have just eaten too much of those meals. Will have to get back on track this week.

Hi everyone. Just posting to say 3 weeks and 2 days after starting Xenical I've lost my first stone! Can't believe it, maybe my scales are lying to me!!!! I have stuck to the 5g of fat per 100g like glue and haven't had one bad poo. Sooo chuffed. Hope everyone else is getting on ok x

Hi everyone. Just posting to say 3 weeks and 2 days after starting Xenical I've lost my first stone! Can't believe it, maybe my scales are lying to me!!!! I have stuck to the 5g of fat per 100g like glue and haven't had one bad poo. Sooo chuffed. Hope everyone else is getting on ok x

Yay! Well done you :)
xx

I'm new to Xenical today !!

:) Well ! started a lunch time and one more with dinner. Been looking at loads of website tonight to get an idea on how much I can expect to lose. Terrified of the side affects and not really sure what to eat. Just had fish on toast tonight to made sure was OK. What are people losing each week? I could do with 6 stone but as quite tall doesn't look like that much. Really like to see good results and none of this 1-2 lbs a week, 3-4 would suit me. Any tips ??

Hiya everybody.....I am sooooo glad that I have found you lol. You have all given be soooo much inspiration!!!! I got xenical prescribed to me today and I don't have a clue what to do. I know I need to take 1 tablet before each main meal but I am not sure what to eat lol. If anybody could give me a little advise it would be much appreciated. Thanks slot && good luck.....S x

Well done, that's fantastic!!!!

Hiya everybody.....I am sooooo glad that I have found you lol. You have all given be soooo much inspiration!!!! I got xenical prescribed to me today and I don't have a clue what to do. I know I need to take 1 tablet before each main meal but I am not sure what to eat lol. If anybody could give me a little advise it would be much appreciated. Thanks slot && good luck.....S x

Hi glittering :) Ok, basically, food you eat needs to be 5% fat or less ( so on the food labels you are looking at total fat content, and for it to be 5g for every 100g of food product). Your meals, you want to have no more than 15g of fat per meal. And remember that even though there are foods out there that have the healthy fats ( like oily fish, olive oils, low fat spreads), as far as Xenical is concerned, fat is fat.
You can register with Xenical on line, they will give you support too ( their nurses will phone you regularly and you can phone them also when you need help).

I have my monthly weigh in today with weight management and as usual I'm carking it :rolleyes: Will update you all when I get home x

Just updated my diary, but will also post here.....lost 4½lbs this month, making my total lost to date 82½ lbs :D

Hi Alibalibee, Thank-you for that....it's really helpful as i got no advise from my doctor lol. Well done on your weightloss....I hope I can follow in your footsteps :) Thanks Again & i will let you know how i get on.
Good Luck to everybody!
S x

Thats fantastic Alibalibee!

You really are an inspiration :)

Jax

Hi Alibalibee, Thank-you for that....it's really helpful as i got no advise from my doctor lol. Well done on your weightloss....I hope I can follow in your footsteps :) Thanks Again & i will let you know how i get on.
Good Luck to everybody!
S x

Thanks both xxx
And glittering, any questions, just post and one of us will hopefully be able to help you hun x

Hi all, this is a question for those who have been on xenical for a while, its my birthday in a couple of weeks and i really want to treat myself with a big ole chinese. How long before I go crazy on the chinese do I have to stop the xenical to avoid any nasty side effects??

I have no idea Sarah. The last time I had a Chinese take away I stuck to chicken with bamboo shoots and water chestnuts with boiled rice lol
I must sound like a right wee angelic know it all :rolleyes: but I've never *cheated* ( don't know if that's the right word I'm looking for ) while on these tablets. If I want something, like say a Chinese, I'll either modify what I'm going to order, or else make it myself. Bluedragon do wee sachets of sauce, and the chow mein one is lovely :D

Back