Starting xenical and confused

Well done tryingtogetslim. That's brilliant! I stood on the dreaded scales this morning and another pound has gone in two days (I weigh myself far too often!). So now I'm 15st 3lb. Long way to go but I'm happy. Would quite like to be 14st something this time next week but we'll see x

Hey to all the new joiners :)

I still haven't weighed myself and this is my third week and I still haven't weighed myself! I certainly don't feel like I have lost any weight!

Last week wasn't brilliant, I was illmost of it, so didn;t take tablets and just grazed on bits and bats. So I've thrown myself back in to it this week. I just hope I have lost some!

Hi can I join you guys? Im starting Xenical today after a long fight with my GP to get some help. Its taken a good 8 months to get this far, firstly referred to a dietician which took a good three months and then perserverance with the dieticians advise, now the dietician has finally decided xenical is the way to go and now here I am. Anyway the motivation for my weight loss is my up coming wedding in September - I want to look the best I can in the short time I've got left before the big day. So really Im just looking for a people in a similar position going through what im going through. Im a bit scared to start taking it though having read the horror stories so far!!!

Hi Sarah4383

I was the same as you, petrified to start taking it. In fact I was first prescribed it the beginning of 2008 and only started taking it in January this year.

So far, thank goodness, I haven't had any of the side effects that others have had (except a bit of wind:sign0007:). I suppose the main thing is to watch the fat intake. I prepared myself a few days before I started taking it by cutting down the fat in each meal.

Best of luck with it. I'm sure you'll look ab on your wedding day.

hiya everyone, could i also join the 'xenical babes club' ? i started on monday 9th feb on xenical ive not eaten anything higher than 3% fat other than a tiny scrape of butter on my toast in the mornings (i cant stand low fat spreads) ive not had any ill effects upto now. im craving chocolate and crisps like mad, but im desperately hoping this will pass. Alliballibee you are such an inspiration! well done !!! hope i can achieve what you have.x

Hi tryingtogetslim

Thanks for the reassurance, I was quite pleased to begin with the my GP had finally prescribed for me until I got reading some forums and hearing all these horror stories about the dreaded orange oil...that said four tablets in so far so good but i know theres a loooooong way to go yet. Have cut back on on fats and have started reading labels for once, had to sneak a little mayo with my salad though - the extra light mayo just tastes plain weird! lol
I've banned my other half from eating fatty foods in front of me and for the first time he seems to be really supportive about a diet, I think he has finally realised how important this losing weight malarky is to me so fingers crossed he'll help keep me on track. Now all I have to do it learn how to resist the office biscuit tin!

Hi All,

Just thought I'd check-in.

Weigh-in today......

Finally, the 1st stone gone!!!!:bliss:

Can't believe it, just have to keep it off.

I am going to treat myself tonight with a bar of Cadburys Dairymilk, 8 whole squares. Bring it on....

I have lost weight loads of times before by cutting out chocolate, biscuits, etc. But put all the weight back on. So this time I am not going to be so strict. If I want a biscuit or a bar I'll have it, that's my attitude this time. (keep in mind the bar tonight will probably be only the 2nd in just over a month & although I say I'll eat the full 8 squares, I'll probably only do 4 and leave the rest in the fridge). But by doing it this way, I don't crave it. I know I can have it if I want it. (And no orange stuff).

All the other times, I would do nothing but think about the food that I CAN'T HAVE, by allowing myself some room for "treats" I don't think about that, just what I CAN HAVE (plus the treats if I want them).

Good Luck!!!

Hi all, and welcome to sarah4348 and lisab1968! Im so glad there are a few more of us now, it really helps when you can chat to others doesnt it? Everyone is doing so well and you all sound really positive, I think you are so right "ttgs" I am not banning anything from my diet this time I am just being aware of the fat content and how much I eat but if I feel like it I will have it, it doesnt feel like a diet then.
Well done on your 1st weight loss!
Im off to the Drs this week for a check in to see how Im doing!

Hi to the newbies! I've been taking xenical for 2 and a bit weeks now and have lost 10lb. Can't quite believe it! I have suffered no real side effects except wind. Lots of it and proper stinky too I'm afraid! I've had no bad bowel movements or a need to rush to the loo, not even one orange poo! I have been really good though and have restricted myself to only eating foods that are 5g of fat per 100g or less and no more than 12g per meal. It is quite easy to stick to once you get into the swing of things. I eat a lot of jacket pots, plain rice, tuna, weight watchers ready meals or supermarket equivalent with lots and lots of veg, salad and fruit. Sounds quite dull but tonight I had a low fat co-op's own beef lasagne, salad and a garlic pitta bread and it was lush! Highly recommend it to all. Snack-a-jacks are also good as a crisp substitute and weight watchers puddings are good too. I think I'm ok as long as I feel like I'm eating some 'naughty' foods.
I've also found my appetite decreasing as I've become trained into eating 'properly' at set times of the day. Hope this info helps some people.
Anybody got any suggestions for meal ideas or things to eat as treats? I'm very aware that I get bored of the foods I'm eating when dieting and would like to keep my choice of foods as varied as possible. Good luck everyone! x

Last edited:
<<<<is craving chocolate!!

Hi guys, thanks for the warm welcome, its good to know there is always someone to turn to when things get hard, which I should imagine they will.

Lindsey, I had chilli last night and instead of nachos, pulled some wholemeal pittas apart and oven baked them until they were crispy and I was pleasantly surprised they were quite tasty.

x

Hello new people! :D

I have requested a Zenichal sub-forum in the techical support section, hopefully they will let us :)

I have had a good day. Breakfast wasn't massive. slice of toast with ham and a yoghurt bar and fajita wraps for dinner. I'm going to power hour fitness tonight and i'm having jacket taty and tuna pasta sweetcorn for tea with salad and probably usual bowl of fruit covered in yoghurt for supper, I will update my diary later as to how it all went.

I must say though, quite frankly i'm feeling a bit worried lately. I don't think I have lost any weight, i don't look like I have or feel like I have but I haven't weighed for 3 weeks. I just really really hope I have.

Alliballibee you are such an inspiration! well done !!! hope i can achieve what you have.x

Aww , thanks lisa :) And you will hun, keep doing what you are doing and you will :) xx

Morning girls. Well first week is over and done with so that meant getting on scales this morning, which I really didnt want to do as I woke up feeling really rather sluggish and heavy but low and behold I jumped on those scales and the grand total of weight loss for week 1 is dum dum dum DUUMMM........10LBS!!!!! Hooray! :)

I took xenical the other year and lost 4stone during the year. I've since put it all back on but thats my own fault. I shop at Sainsburys and found their healthy range perfect for the xenical diet. of the top of my head i think its called the so good for you range but its the ones that have the green labels on. There are some that are under 3% fat so can have any of these but you have to watch out as some are just reduced fat so check to make sure under 5%. If you really look you can find alsorts..... less than 3% crisps, icecream, cheese spread, pitta bread, hot cross buns. All the treats that you need.

I've just started the cambridge diet and have lost 18lbs in 2 weeks. It is the easiest diet I've ever done and would definately recommend it if you dont get on with tablets.

Morning girls. Well first week is over and done with so that meant getting on scales this morning, which I really didnt want to do as I woke up feeling really rather sluggish and heavy but low and behold I jumped on those scales and the grand total of weight loss for week 1 is dum dum dum DUUMMM........10LBS!!!!! Hooray! :)

:wow:

:happy096: :clap: :clap: :happy096:

Oh My God. You lost in 1 week almost what I lost in a month. Well done you. It's such a great feeling isn't it?

Good luck with the coming week.

Back