Starting xenical and confused

Hi ladies. I had my first month weigh in at the doctors on Tuesday and had lost 1st 2lb in total. I was sooooo chuffed. Had another look on the scales today and another 2lbs have gone somewhere so I'm really pleased. I've been feeling more tempted to eat something naughty lately but have resisted so far.

That is absolutely brilliant. Well done.:clap:

Hi all, end of week three today....lil bit disappointed with last weeks progress only 1lb last week - What the heck is that all about!!! Think I can forget all about my birthday treat this week :(

Sarah4383 I know exactly how you feel, but have your treat, if you put it off, you will only crave something in it's place. And you have done brilliantly so far.

I am due to weigh-in in the morning:sigh:, not looking forward to it. The thing is that (and it's my own fault) I pigged out completely over the weekend. I was really down after the last two weigh-ins and last weekend I just thought "blah" all I wanted was to eat rubbish. That's exactly what I did, crisps, chocolate, chinese, chips, bread with loads of butter, etc. And not ONCE did I have to run to the loo???????

I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with this months packet of Xenical. The first pack the weight flew off, loads of wind as I said before if I did eat something over the allowance. But so far with this months packet, nothing, nada, wind???? what's that?? And after last weekend I expected to spend all day Sunday on the loo, but nothing, in fact I didn't even go (wee yes, 2's no). Anyone else have this problem? I know I will be up tomorrow (I had a sneaky weigh in this morning) and I've accepted that, but what's wrong with the tabs as there are absolutely no side effects????

[/quote]Sarah4383 I know exactly how you feel, but have your treat, if you put it off, you will only crave something in it's place. And you have done brilliantly so far.

I am due to weigh-in in the morning:sigh:, not looking forward to it. The thing is that (and it's my own fault) I pigged out completely over the weekend. I was really down after the last two weigh-ins and last weekend I just thought "blah" all I wanted was to eat rubbish. That's exactly what I did, crisps, chocolate, chinese, chips, bread with loads of butter, etc. And not ONCE did I have to run to the loo???????

I am starting to wonder if there is something wrong with this months packet of Xenical. The first pack the weight flew off, loads of wind as I said before if I did eat something over the allowance. But so far with this months packet, nothing, nada, wind???? what's that?? And after last weekend I expected to spend all day Sunday on the loo, but nothing, in fact I didn't even go (wee yes, 2's no). Anyone else have this problem? I know I will be up tomorrow (I had a sneaky weigh in this morning) and I've accepted that, but what's wrong with the tabs as there are absolutely no side effects????[/quote]

Me either....still on my first packet but so far apart from a bit, ok a lot of wind on the first week I've had no side effects. I must admit I did skip two tablets last week when I went out for dinner as I was so scared of any side effects and I wasnt expecting to do well this week as a result. So although I was disappointed with last weeks loss, I wasnt surprised. Have a busy few days ahead out and about all over the place so will be looking forward to my treat which I've scheduled for friday and again I'll skip the tablets for no nasties. Then next week, thats it Im back on it 100%

Hope you did well today x x

Starting today

Hello all

Just started today - saw a different GP who suggested it to me when their scales didn't go high enough to weigh me! I think that means I'm about 24 stone, but I'm not going to think about how much I've got to lose yet. First goal to get below 20 I think. First day OK so far, but didn't get any info with the tablets - not even an information leaflet. MAP website is down as well so will try again tomorrow.

Good to read about you all.

Sue

Good Luck Susie
I started a few days ago, i have to say i dont feel anywhere near as hungry as i did and i fill up quickly.

Dee
xx

Good luck to both of you on your weight loss journeys :)
x

Hi guys

BAD week last week, but I did kinda expect it as I took a couple of days off from the tablets to treat myself for my birthday.....and when I say a couple I mean four and when I say treat I mean I completely pigged out and overindulged. Slap my wrists somebody please!!

Anyway 3lb on last week but back on the tabs again and working hard at it. No more birthdays for a good couple of months so Im safe from eating out and back to my steamed veg and grilled meat. MMM mmm mmm

Hi everyone. I have just started xenical today and Im hoping to get results. I tried reductil last october and lost a stone but was gutted when the doctor took me off it due to my blood pressure rising.

Hi guys

BAD week last week, but I did kinda expect it as I took a couple of days off from the tablets to treat myself for my birthday.....and when I say a couple I mean four and when I say treat I mean I completely pigged out and overindulged. Slap my wrists somebody please!!

Anyway 3lb on last week but back on the tabs again and working hard at it. No more birthdays for a good couple of months so Im safe from eating out and back to my steamed veg and grilled meat. MMM mmm mmm

Sarah what happened last week is in the past now hun, can't do anything except learn from it ;) New week, new start hun xx

Hi everyone. I have just started xenical today and Im hoping to get results. I tried reductil last october and lost a stone but was gutted when the doctor took me off it due to my blood pressure rising.

Hi again Lynnora :) Just remember that Xenical is only an aid to slimming hun, we still have to do the hard work :rolleyes::rolleyes: Good luck and if you need any help at all just post here and one of us will try and help
xx

thanks for your support. Im definitely feeling positive about this now Ive read all of the posts on this forum about it. I think everyone is doing great. x

new to xenical

Hi everyone,

I am currently doing my month of weight loss to I am eligitable for my GP to prescribe xenical.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Emma:)

Hi All,

Hope everyone is keeping well. Sorry haven't been on all week have just been really busy.

Was down 1.6lb last week (which was a surprise), not looking forward to weigh-in this week either. I need to get out of this rut. Can feel myself slippin again and can't afford to do that.

Anyway, good luck everyone this week.

Hi Guys,

Im back on the wagon this week after falling off in a large way last week. 4lbs off this week so Im back on track and feeling very determined.

I have my first meeting with the dietician on Friday since I started on the tablets, so im a bit nervous about that, but she is normally very positive so thats encouraging.

Good luck this week everyone

i have taken zenical on and off for more than 7 years .. there is no need to be scare it does work..but you ahve to cut back as well the only problem is if you eat a meal high in fat make sure your near a toilet !!! i lost 20 kg taken them a few years back but then i started to misuse them . ie : eat lots of fattening stuff as im going to take a tab ... and you dont really learn to change your eating habits ( well i didint ) try to diet and take them im sure you will lose some weight :)

Hi,

l lost 0.6lbs this week. Slowly, slowly this month but at least it's down I suppose.

I am just going onto my 3rd box of tabs. I have about 35lbs left to lose, may stay on the tabs for one more month after this one, I am hopeing at that stage I will be able to lose the rest myself (if you know what I mean).

Hope the scales are going down for everyone. Talk soon!!!

Hi Guys,

Im back on the wagon this week after falling off in a large way last week. 4lbs off this week so Im back on track and feeling very determined.

I have my first meeting with the dietician on Friday since I started on the tablets, so im a bit nervous about that, but she is normally very positive so thats encouraging.

Good luck this week everyone

Well done on the 4lbs. I have never received so much as a leaflet with my prescription (well except the one that comes in the box) let alone a meeting with a dietician!!! Hope it goes well you might drop us some tips/hints after??

Hiya Everyone, Im now 9 days in to my Xenical and have managed to loose 13lbs (cheekily weighed myself today) but my official weigh ins are Thursdays.

I just cant wait for me to reach my goal weight, hopefully this time next year!

Hi all:p

Was going to post a simiar response and came across this with all your kind words. I have been prescribed the tablets and started them on Friday....yes I was brave and didnt wait till Monday morning!:D

I am tempted not to weigh myself as I am due back at the docs in only 2 weeks! is this a little soon?

Good to hear all your success stories. My doc didnt tell me much, not even that I have to eat low fat or the side effects are terrible! Gladly though I came home and looked it all up on the net:)

Some interesting information I learned was that if you dont lose more than 5% body fat in 3 months they take you off the pills and you cant stay on them for longer than a year.

The only part i struggle with is the difference and appropriate amount/percent between calories, fat, saturated fat etc!

I've had the shittest couple of weeks going. I haven't over indulged or gained but I haven't watched what I was taking in, seriously enough, so I haven't lost :(

I'm really dissapointed in myself!

Well done on the 4lbs. I have never received so much as a leaflet with my prescription (well except the one that comes in the box) let alone a meeting with a dietician!!! Hope it goes well you might drop us some tips/hints after??

Hi all,
I was under the dieticians care before starting the xenical, it was her that suggested trying it. Overall she is pleased with my progress and another 3lb off this week taking my total to 21lbs in 6 weeks :)

Back