Starting xenical and confused

Hi, basically you need to eat foods that are less than 5% fat per 100g. 3 x healthy meals a day with plenty of fresh fruit, veg etc. Dr recomended 30mins exercise a day if poss. I lost 1stone 8lbs in 2months just before xmas but I am a serious comfort eater and after losing my gorgeous Gran on xmas day, sank back into my old eating habits!! Have managed to put the 8lb back on decided to join WW last wk again for the 100th time!! Already regretting it as sick to death of points and constantly thinking of food!! Xenical really worked for me. I felt really good and only had a few self inflicted side effects. I am going back on it tomorrow and have bought a cheap exercise bike to help with the exercise. Watch this space!!:D

By the way, I am new to this site but think its fab!! How do you get all your info on profile etc and all the fab stars and writing??

I know this may sound dumb, seeing as though I have bee doing it for a while ow and have lost weight but I have ever uderstood the whole 5% per 100g's thing.

I just stick to 15g's of fat per meal.

It does take a bit of getting used to KayMarie, but the whole 5% fat is so that not only are you having 15g of fat at mealtimes, but also that the food you are eating is low fat too.

Hi girls, Week two is over and done with and got on those dreaded scales again this morning. I was expecting a couple of pounds, three at the most but lost another 6lbs last weeks bringin my total to 16lbs in two weeks......unbelievable!! I was absolutely gobsmacked

By the way, I am new to this site but think its fab!! How do you get all your info on profile etc and all the fab stars and writing??

Hi Lubylu, if you look in User CP on the left hand side of the blue bar there's all sorts in there. I'm not too hot on these things but have managed a ticker which goes in the signature box. Hope that helps a little bit :)

Jax

Hi girls, Week two is over and done with and got on those dreaded scales again this morning. I was expecting a couple of pounds, three at the most but lost another 6lbs last weeks bringin my total to 16lbs in two weeks......unbelievable!! I was absolutely gobsmacked

Again, FANTASTIC!!!!

I am due to weigh-in tomorrow and I'm allergic. Haven't had a great week either this week. I'm not eating wrong foods, but after the first stone (always easiest to lose, I find) I promised myself I would get out walking cos that's the only way I'm going to shift more than half a pound a week (which is all I'm expecting even with Xenical). But I haven't gone for any long walk in the last two weeks and my loss last week was miserable. Well only 12 hours to go before I know.......

Well done again.

Again, FANTASTIC!!!!

I am due to weigh-in tomorrow and I'm allergic. Haven't had a great week either this week. I'm not eating wrong foods, but after the first stone (always easiest to lose, I find) I promised myself I would get out walking cos that's the only way I'm going to shift more than half a pound a week (which is all I'm expecting even with Xenical). But I haven't gone for any long walk in the last two weeks and my loss last week was miserable. Well only 12 hours to go before I know.......

Well done again.

Good luck for your weigh in :fingerscrossed:

Again, FANTASTIC!!!!

Well done again.

Good luck sweetie, Im sure you'll do great :)

Im not looking forward the next week or so, there is 4 family birthdays in the next 10 days (mine included) and Im supposed to be eating out for three of them.....Im dreading it but dont want to seem rude or ungrateful as people are paying for me to eat out.....my fiance grandparents are taking me to a lovely italian on friday which is tres expensive and unfortunately having looked at the menu it doesnt seem that there is much choice for someone on a low fat diet. Have emailed them in the hope they can suggest something or accomodate me for the evening :sigh:

Don't fret about it too much. Choose tomato based pasta's or venison, or even salad based stuff. Don't go mental thinking about it, just be sensible and don't indulge.

Weighed in this morning.....

1lb, yes you read right just ONE flippin pound.

I am so annoyed. I know, I know, it's better than a gain, but at the moment I feel really low about the fact it's only a pound. That's 2 weeks now with just a pound each week, it needs to pick up pace or I just know I'll stop. I have stopped before because I get disheartened.

I'll see how this week goes and take it from there I guess.

Good luck everyone for this coming week.

Aw,tryingtogetslim, don't worry too much about it! 1lb is a 1lb! And although its maybenot as much as you wanted, its still good!

I stepped on yesterday (prematurely, LOL) and I hadn't even lost a 1lb! and I've been working hard all week, so don't worry, just keep going :)

Hi ladies. I had my first month weigh in at the doctors on Tuesday and had lost 1st 2lb in total. I was sooooo chuffed. Had another look on the scales today and another 2lbs have gone somewhere so I'm really pleased. I've been feeling more tempted to eat something naughty lately but have resisted so far. Think the possible side effects are stopping me!! I can now fit into my size 18's and have take the size 20's to the charity shop; no going back! Hope everyone else is doing ok. TTGS, sorry you're having a bit of a rubbish time on xenical at the mo. I do know of one woman who didn't lose a lot in the first few weeks but then started to lose at a better rate. Hopefully, the same will go for you x

Thanks alibalibee! Had a difficult day today. I'm getting a cold and just wanted some comfort food; had my eye on chip shop chips but we made a chicken n veg stir fry so that's what I've had instead! I even dreamt about chips last which is very weird indeed. I guess with nearly 6 weeks of low fat food and nothing else my body must be very confused!
It's my birthday next Monday and I had it in mind to have an evening off Xenical and have something naughty to eat but think I'd just regret it in the morning. I don't really see what's so good about celebrating being 33 anyway so maybe I'll pretend it's not happening!
How we all doing?

how is every one doing on xenical......i used it 3 years ago and lost loads of weight....but i exercised loads too....tried it again recently and it had no effect, but I was doing SW at the time and think my diet was already low fat x

Hi Renza,

I have been on xenical for just over 2 weeks now and have lost 8lbs so far. I have joined a gym and also exercise at home on the equipment that was gathering dust in the corner lol

I have also lost an inch from my waist and one from my hips :)

so all in all i'm a really happy bunny!!

Good luck with your journey,

Jax

Hi all, end of week three today....lil bit disappointed with last weeks progress only 1lb last week - What the heck is that all about!!! Think I can forget all about my birthday treat this week :(

Back