Starvation and Expectations...?

Akra

Hey folks, I'm new to the LT, literally, today was my first day and I'm actually about to go to bed.
I'm feeling pretty positive and believe it or not, I actually quite like the shakes and the soup! Perhaps it's because I'm a salt-aholic and I don't really care for sugar? Who knows. I've drank so much water today that's it's almost inhumane, but like i said, I love my salt so it isn't even a possibility that i'm NOT retaining a whole tanker of water ;)
Anyway, I know that it's pretty much only excitment that gets you through the first day and by tomorrow apparently I might be tempted to start nibbling on the carpet if I'm not carefull, but I was wondering what to really expect.
Average day that ketosis kicks in? I know it's different for everyone, but i figure there's got to be a roundabout figure.

And does it really get easier after ketosis? I mean, really? Does it? (question repeated for emphasis :p)

I've also heard that age may make a difference to weight loss, as in, makes it easier to dissapear. Thats probably just wishful thinking and the ignorance of youth, but hey, i'm 21, I'm allowed my dreams (especially if those dreams are of a slimmer, sexier moi :flirt2:)

Also, one last question: is it possible to banish spiders with the power of ones mind? Theres this BIG beast hiding behind my tv and believe me when I say it is HUGE! if you've seen the move 'arachnophobia' then you'll know what I mean. And I'm not even particularly freaked out by bugs but this one is blatently a killer! I mean, come on! This is england! I thought our spiders were supposed to be these tame little garden varieties that wear wee boots, have a top hat and a cane and sing 'in an english country garden'? This one has 'killer' written all over it! You would not believe how fast this guy (or gal) runs! I'm not the quickest runner in the race but crickey!

Anyway, I'm clearly delusional from hunger and am off to bed!

Thanks for any and all advice.
Oh, and psychotic as it might sound, I have a profound love for anyone doing this diet, you're all amazing!

LMAO! I'm gonna like you!

Around day three you should def be in ketosis! And hell yeah it makes a difference -you might experience cravings but not actual hunger.

Dont know about age making a diff to weight loss but as you're quite young your skin should still be quite elstic and shouldn't leave saggy skin behind which can be a bad part of rapid weight loss.

And I'm sure we'll all love you profoundly too.

Well done on getting past day one - you 've a fun week ahead of ya but it's all sooo worth it.

GOOD LUCK!

RE: Giant Spider -get out of the f**king house!

Yes, I was day 3 when I went into ketosis. I was like u, I didn't believe it got easier, but I swear on my life, it really does. Also, when I first started, the days seemed to last years, and everyone told me time really flies, and I again thought they were all trying to trick me, but again they were all right, cant believe i have been doing it 16 weeks, its flown!!!

Yes, I do believe age does make a difference. I have found this time round, after years of different diets, weight losses arent as much as they usually are now I have reached the ripe old age of 29 lol. As above your skin will bounce back faster too, lucky u ha ha.

Good luck, you will soon be in ketosis, with ur first weigh in to look forward to and spur u on.

Hope u sorted your spider friend out

I was in katosis day 4/5 only on day 12 now but i don't feel hunger any more the pangs i got were very few and last moments then vanished
Good luck the first week will fly by :eek:

Debz x

I'm 21 & my losses are in my signature, so, we're matched age-wise. Not sure if it makes a difference! But, I seem to be doing alright ;-) Don't want to burst your bubble though, but, some people above have commented on the skin bouncing back faster & I think that's more to do with your genes than anything else, I have my Dad's dreadfully inelastic skin.

I don't think I got into ketosis until about the seventh day this time round, though am pretty sure I was there sooner when I did TFR before. It truly does make it easier though! Promise!

Good luck!

Hannah

I def have bad genes then lol. Nothing but a large bout of cosmetic surgery from head to toe will solve my skin!!!! Can't have it all I suppose, wouldnt swap the weight loss for anything, Better get saving....

oh god just reading about that spider has given me the creeps! always the worst when you can actually see the muscles in their legs!!

hope it's gone!

i think weight loss is more related to how much you have to lose rather than age. i did LT when i was 20/21 (ie, over my birthday) and the losses were similar to what i'm losing now, although i have much more to lose this time, no maybe that blows my theory straight out of the window!

good luck!! xxx

Welcome Akra, journey to hell, only joking :)

:)Welcome Akra,

The first week is definately hard, it's all about will power. Stick to the diet 100% and the weight will disappear as if by magic. lol.

I find it good to knock back two large glasses of water before a soup or shake, makes your stomach feel full before you start. That's just me though, and I'm a big bloke 6'2" so I need lots of water.

My mouth is feeling dry now so i'll have to pop of and drink some more water.

I don't even know when i'm in ketosis or out of it. I'm losing weight though so that's what matters.

Hello and welcome to LT and this fab forum!

My personal experience tells me that it gets way better and way easier once you're in ketosis, so I hope you feel the same :)

enjoy watching the pounds melt away!

Hi Akra

Welcome and well done on getting through Day 1...that is quite often the most difficult (in your mind especially) as you will be so used to having Brekkie/Lunch/Dinner and no doubt all the crap inbetween :)

I am not sure when I went into ketosis to be honest...probably around Day 4 when the headaches kinda disappeared. Until then I had headaches from hell and felt very dizzy. I, on the other hand, was one of the unfortunate ones and had a lot of hunger pangs throughout...probably until around Wk 7-8 I reckon (but that is a guestimate, because I cant remember).

The hunger pangs I coped with by drinking my water quota and to be honest, I preferred that feeling, than the feeling of being totally bloated by over eating! I could cope with that, and it is all in the mind most of the time.

Eventually, I didnt even think about food as I actually enjoyed the shakes and it is good that you dont find them too bad either. I think that helps a great deal.

I am 43 and I dont have much lose skin...but I have been using a Vibroplate and doing more exercise the past few weeks, but wish I had done more toning way at the beginning...

Just stay totally positive whilst on the diet! Dont go all negative and think,,,I cant do this! Cause, you can!!! It is tough, but so rewarding as well and you will get to the point where you cant wait for the next round of Weigh Ins! They keep you going.

AS DOES THIS FORUM!! Fab place, with lots of interesting characters and I think you will fit in with your good sense of humour!!!!

Have a great week! And just keep remembering why you have decided to do LT and that it all wont be plain sailing, but so worth it!

Take care

Oh, the spider!!! We get humungus (sp) ones where we live!! Where do they come from !!!!!!!!!!!! I am sure the ones we have have huge fangs as well! Hope you got rid of him, or you ran as fast from him as your legs could carry you!!!

akra - you're funny !!

Welcome to the club - come on here regularly and you will get to know everyone. i went into ketosis around day 8 and was really tired up to that point - then had a massive boost of energy - it was like a lightbulb moment. and yes, it does get easier - with out any doubt. there are weeks which seem to be more difficult for everyone - (3 and 7 for me). but with this forum we can get through it.

oh, and re the spiders - be at one with the spider - it won't hurt you, unless its a black widow of course !! As my mum used to say - they will be more scared of you - although my husband doesn't believe that !!

Good luck on your journey - and keep posting your results ! xxx

Caren

first timmer too!!

Hi Akra & everyone:)

Well this is day three for me and have to say going well so far(but it is only morning:D). I havent been too hungry but nervous as to how ill feel when ketosis kicks in too! I can relate to being a little delusional but could be using the withdrawel from food as an excuse:D

Good luck to all ;)

Last edited:
Good luck on your LT journey.

I think I hit Ketosis the first time about day 7 as until that point although I was exhausted I couldn't sleep. This time seem to have hit it on day 5 as I got my first night's sleep last night - yepee!!!!

Ban the spiker club!

Hi Akra,

Days 1-3 were the worst for me and after that I think I went into ketosis as I have not been hungry since. My stomach sometimes rumbles but I never actually feel hungry! I'm 22, so round about you and Hannah's age =) Everyone on here is totally amazing and so motivational... it took me four weeks to post and wish I did it sooner because they couldn't have been more welcoming!

Take care!

Hi Akra,

I like the shakes/soups and flapjacks but not because I was a salt monster like you - completely the opposite - chocoholic (which I have not wanted once whilst on LT). :D

I'm not sure when I went into Ketosis but have not felt hungry for at least 2 weeks now though I still crave food - funnily enough only bread and butter lol. I get hunger pangs now and then and sort them out with a hot sweet coffee - kind of fools the tummy a bit.

Good luck on your journey here - you will do well like us all and everyone is so nice, friendly and very helpful. :)

Welcome Akra and shineyd. This is the best diet and the greatest forum, it has been there through the ups and downs of my journey.

I'm on day 14 second time around and found ketosis arrived about day 8 (well that's when my sis said my breath stank!!! Lol! It could have been earlier) but once it does arrive things do get easier.

As for loose skin, well mine is okay except round my stomach but hey after 3 big babies and my awful genes it would be a miracle if I had a flat one!!!!! I'm saving for a tummy tuck!!!!

x

Well I'm about half-way through day 2 now and I'm feeling good! Not at all scary, but we'll see if my positive attitude changes over the next few days! :)
Is it mental that I already feel thinner? I mean, I know I can't actually BE thinner in the course of a day, but mentally I sorta do...maybe my mind is preparing itself for the day when i can look in the mirror and not see the blubbery-ness of my current self lol :)

Oh yeah, about this bad breath...when can I expect that wee joy? Not looking forward to that, but even more so, i reckon my boyfriend isn't gonna have fun :D

Wow, everyones so cool! There's something so awesome about being annonymous and yet completely honest. Lord knows I never discuss my weight with anyone in r/l, if i can help it, I don't know about you guys.

Oh, and about the killer-spider; I have no idea where it's gone, hopefully it's scuttled out the window, but then, i did try to kill it with a measuring jug and some Oust lol but just in case it's still around, i've set my guinea pigs loose in the living room. Lord knows they'll eat anything and everything so maybe they'll have a crack :D

hopefully hear from you all soon!

Hey folks, I'm new to the LT, literally, today was my first day and I'm actually about to go to bed.
I'm feeling pretty positive and believe it or not, I actually quite like the shakes and the soup! Perhaps it's because I'm a salt-aholic and I don't really care for sugar? Who knows. I've drank so much water today that's it's almost inhumane, but like i said, I love my salt so it isn't even a possibility that i'm NOT retaining a whole tanker of water ;)
Anyway, I know that it's pretty much only excitment that gets you through the first day and by tomorrow apparently I might be tempted to start nibbling on the carpet if I'm not carefull, but I was wondering what to really expect.
Average day that ketosis kicks in? I know it's different for everyone, but i figure there's got to be a roundabout figure.

And does it really get easier after ketosis? I mean, really? Does it? (question repeated for emphasis :p)

I've also heard that age may make a difference to weight loss, as in, makes it easier to dissapear. Thats probably just wishful thinking and the ignorance of youth, but hey, i'm 21, I'm allowed my dreams (especially if those dreams are of a slimmer, sexier moi :flirt2:)

Also, one last question: is it possible to banish spiders with the power of ones mind? Theres this BIG beast hiding behind my tv and believe me when I say it is HUGE! if you've seen the move 'arachnophobia' then you'll know what I mean. And I'm not even particularly freaked out by bugs but this one is blatently a killer! I mean, come on! This is england! I thought our spiders were supposed to be these tame little garden varieties that wear wee boots, have a top hat and a cane and sing 'in an english country garden'? This one has 'killer' written all over it! You would not believe how fast this guy (or gal) runs! I'm not the quickest runner in the race but crickey!

Anyway, I'm clearly delusional from hunger and am off to bed!

Thanks for any and all advice.
Oh, and psychotic as it might sound, I have a profound love for anyone doing this diet, you're all amazing!

Hahaha - you're ace :D Welcome aboard :D

PS Look away now :eek::eek::eek:

spiders.gif

Welcome & Good Luck Xx

Back