Stash box!

frankinstein123

Gold Member
Hi there,
This is my stash box haha its a box I keep for goodies, (aka things im not allowed) but see I found weekends to begin with really hard, mainly due to us usually going asda getting some bad foods and settling down with a movie. So I decided to get a box, and fill it with a choccy bar here and there whenever I decided to have a 'day off' I could tuck into some, it's so I know I'm not 'missing out' on goodies, that it's always gonna be there in life, and i can resist it. So far I've resisted, and when we go asda I pick up something like a small bar of choc and stick it in my box haha it's working for me so far :)

image-3075731167.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Haha for me it would be thebox of doom i would not be able to enjoy just one without thinking oooo ill just have one more

That seems like a LOT of chocolate etc to have around in case you decide to just blow it and eat loads. Why don't you just keep one small bar rather than filling the box up?

It's only a small box :) and those eggs are mini creme eggs haha I am gonna have a blow out for my birthday! I just see it as temptation is everywhere part of calorie counting is knowing when to stop and learning the life lessons when it comes to food and treats x

I was a bit like you when I first started, I'd go out, and buy food and hide it in my OH's room, but I've stopped it since I started to manage my calories so I know I am allowed some chocolate (freddos, thin dairy milk bars & curly wurlys) in moderation - I'd also try to avoid having too much in there to eat on a treat day. It's so disappointing to stand on the scales and realise one or two days of extravagance have made you gain and ruined 2 weeks of hard work with a gain.

(Although, if it helps you and works you should keep it up, just taking of my own experiences so far)

I can't have a packet or bar of something around without either eating it, or thinking about it lots. So I only get chocolate etc when I'm going to eat it THAT DAY. It's usually a milky way for 130 cals (or whatever they are), sometimes a Mars or Snickers etc for 230 approx. But if you've got the willpower to do this, good luck to you!

Be a bit wary though...your mindset sounds like you're still wanting to reward yourself with food, have a blow out etc...that's not a healthy relationship with food. And chocolate can be deadly to your diet, it's so high in calories. And once you gain a bit of weight after a blow-out, that can be the start of falling off the wagon. Just saying be aware is all.

Maybe consider as different routine - like, don't go to Asda and get junk food and watch a movie. Maybe cook a nice, tasty dinner together and talk - or if you gotta watch a movie, find foods that you could still enjoy to snack on that won't ruin your diet. Like carrot and celery sticks with low fat hummus....or microwave popcorn is often quite low for half a bag - or make some pizzas on flatbread with tomato paste, low fat cheese and veggies. You'll find you eat a lot more when you're watching movies too, as opposed to mindfully eating. Because with movies you're not really concentrating on and appreciating the food, you're more just doing the habit of shovelling it in while passively watching. So my first advice would be change your routine of junk food and movies and find something better to do with your time. Second advice if you reject that would be to find healthier and lower calorie snack foods. And if you don't want to do that, that's OK, I just think you should be aware of how that plays out and re-assess if it doesn't work for you. Good luck.

Hi there,

Well im not hiding it, its in my kitchen in plain view, so I know it's there, for instance; last night I had a thin dairy milk bar and it was counted into my calories,

And as for finding something else to do, I've just bought a house, I'm 21, and we had a very extravagant lifestyle before hand spending money per weekend going out for meals, cinemas etc so we try to have that in our home now simply because of lack of money,

I live with a greedy sod who has a very sweet tooth, he's also a body builder and has a high calorie intake per day, so I've already changed what I have for teas and make him something different.

I plan on having the foods I want per month, yeh i might gain a few lbs, life is about enjoying too, everyone needs a treat once in a while or I think we'd all go mad, doesn't mean i'm going to eat the whole thing, i also have two easter eggs sat in my kitchen, am i going to get ridiculed for that too lol?diet and food is about quantity and saying no when 'full'. if anything it shows I have fantastic willpower and I have a good relationship with food as the treats aren't always on my mind, I can give or take, which reflects on my weight as I've lost half a stone and I'm only at early doors,

I don't need psychoanalysing about a relationship with food, getting a bit extreme? I wouldn't be posting on this website if I didn't want to do something about my weight too, id be sat at home stuffing my face. I'm sure people have kids? And have certain junk foods in the house, and still can't resist them, it's those who need to re-evaluate and say no freely without it always being on their mind to want and crave

Frankie
X

Ohhh ok, I thought they were the full size creme eggs! I can't even eat a full size one, too sickly lol

On a side note, for the movie nights, home made popcorn done in an air popper is pretty healthy and you can do what you want with it. I coat mine in sweetener and cinnamon, it feels far more naughty than it is! Just thought I'd give the suggestion as it seems any shop bought popcorn is ridiculously high calories, not sure whether you're a popcorn person though.

A little of what you like does you no harm... I have my 2 kids and my lil boy was a bit overweight and everyone comments how fabulous he is looking because yes they have treats but only small snack size bars it's all about lifestyle changes and I agree Frankenstein just because I might have like 2 bottles of vodka in the cupboard left over from christmas I might add it don't mean I'm gonna go crazy an drink myself into oblivion... I had a weekend off this week an still lost I didn't go crazy but the amount of stick I got was ridiculous I enjoyed myself an life's for living and let's face it if you feel deprived your gonna jus give up... And fitting it into your calories then I say have it... So I'd rather have a small chocolate bar then a banana (same calories) so what... Better having planned a little treat then going the shop for a bar double the calories! If it works for you then fantastic... Keep up the good work :)

dietqueen82 said:
A little of what you like does you no harm... I have my 2 kids and my lil boy was a bit overweight and everyone comments how fabulous he is looking because yes they have treats but only small snack size bars it's all about lifestyle changes and I agree Frankenstein just because I might have like 2 bottles of vodka in the cupboard left over from christmas I might add it don't mean I'm gonna go crazy an drink myself into oblivion... I had a weekend off this week an still lost I didn't go crazy but the amount of stick I got was ridiculous I enjoyed myself an life's for living and let's face it if you feel deprived your gonna jus give up... And fitting it into your calories then I say have it... So I'd rather have a small chocolate bar then a banana (same calories) so what... Better having planned a little treat then going the shop for a bar double the calories! If it works for you then fantastic... Keep up the good work :)

Thank you! :) I agree, fact is, there's always gonna be temptation, whether it be take away leaflets in the drawers or having naughty stuff in the house, our mind set just needs to change to say no and have things in the right amounts etc :) I plan to have my blow out while away camping at end of April, so I'll prob be burning majority of it off whether or not through hiking haha lucky me :-/ lol! X

caroline g said:
Ohhh ok, I thought they were the full size creme eggs! I can't even eat a full size one, too sickly lol

On a side note, for the movie nights, home made popcorn done in an air popper is pretty healthy and you can do what you want with it. I coat mine in sweetener and cinnamon, it feels far more naughty than it is! Just thought I'd give the suggestion as it seems any shop bought popcorn is ridiculously high calories, not sure whether you're a popcorn person though.

Popcorn sounds good! I shall try that :) cheers x

Hi there,

Well im not hiding it, its in my kitchen in plain view, so I know it's there, for instance; last night I had a thin dairy milk bar and it was counted into my calories,

And as for finding something else to do, I've just bought a house, I'm 21, and we had a very extravagant lifestyle before hand spending money per weekend going out for meals, cinemas etc so we try to have that in our home now simply because of lack of money,

I live with a greedy sod who has a very sweet tooth, he's also a body builder and has a high calorie intake per day, so I've already changed what I have for teas and make him something different.

I plan on having the foods I want per month, yeh i might gain a few lbs, life is about enjoying too, everyone needs a treat once in a while or I think we'd all go mad, doesn't mean i'm going to eat the whole thing, i also have two easter eggs sat in my kitchen, am i going to get ridiculed for that too lol?diet and food is about quantity and saying no when 'full'. if anything it shows I have fantastic willpower and I have a good relationship with food as the treats aren't always on my mind, I can give or take, which reflects on my weight as I've lost half a stone and I'm only at early doors,

I don't need psychoanalysing about a relationship with food, getting a bit extreme? I wouldn't be posting on this website if I didn't want to do something about my weight too, id be sat at home stuffing my face. I'm sure people have kids? And have certain junk foods in the house, and still can't resist them, it's those who need to re-evaluate and say no freely without it always being on their mind to want and crave

Frankie
X

Hi Frankie,

i know where your coming from im 21 too and me and my bf have just bought our first place together! its brand new so will be finished being built in September. My bf is one of those people that can eat what he wants and still be muscley and toned (grrr lol) so i completely agree with having chocs in the house etc, i believe when something is taken away then thats when i want to and go for an all out bindge on them!! and tbh lets face it when i move in with my bf we will HAVE to have chocs in the house and crisps because thats how he eats, he is quite happy to eat baked crisps as appose to full fat ones etc so no harm to me there. And also the bars of choc and biscuits that are 99cal range so tbh i need to get used to it.

Since being on Slim Fast, Atkins and VLCD i have learnt that the only thing that will work for me is to have what i want when i want but in moderation! :D

so basically i agree with what your saying!! and know exactly what you mean :)

xxxx

Aye, loosing weight is difficult in all senses, We miss our grub, I'm probably more savoury than sweet, and I'm a deffo foodie, I'll try most things. Having things in the house is a good thing just because when a person reaches goal weight, and they are faced by foods they cut out they will probably regain some of the weight by having the treats then. We've got to learn to work them into our diets now to have a good maintain when we reach target :)

Frankie
X

Back