Stay at home mums

vixmania41999

Silver Member
Am I the only one on here? Hope not!

I thought it would be a nice idea to share our SW experiences and challenges we face being at home a lot and trying to feed our LOs SW food. We can keep each other motivated and share tips.

I know I find it tough to stay away from the kitchen and reaching for the bad stuff at times of boredom when my daughter naps or times of stress when shes being a monkey and winding me up. Anyone have the same problems? She is also a fussy eater at the moment and doesn't really eat any of my SW cooking, I'll keep trying but its a tough one!

A little about me....I'm almost 28, been on SW since July last year and including a short spell at WW just before joining SW I've lost 4 stone 2lbs so far, still got over 4 stone to go to target so about half way there, not set a final target yet, I'll know when I get there.

My daughter Skye is almost 20 months and is becomming a right little character, and very independent she's so cheeky at the monent too.

I'm in the process of setting up my own business so I will not be a stay at home mum for much longer, I'll be a part time stay at home mum instead lol.

I want to be a mummy my daughter deserves and be able to run around after her without needing a rest after 5 minutes.

Please tell me I'm not alone..........

Hi hun im also a SAHM doing SW

My little boy is 13 months and keeping me on my toes.

This is only my 2nd week of SW but im getting on well i think lost 3.5lbs last week WI is a Thursday.

Im laura xx

Yay Hi Laura, I'm so glad I'm not the only one! How are you finding being on SW and being at home? Well done on your loss so far! Vix xx

Thanks!

Im actually finding it not too bad as at least ive time to cook i think it will be hard if DS is having a bad day cause thats when i reach for the quick and easy food fixes. Im such an emotional eater!!

Just seen your ticker your doing amazingly well hun! Xx

Aww thanks hun, still got a long way to go but I'll get there this time! How are you getting on?

I know what you mean about time to cook although I was having to cook our meals that take longer to prepare in the evenings when DD went to bed as she wouldn't let me do anything in the kitchen for more than 5 mins without wanting my attention but then when she had my attention she wanted to play on her own, little madam haha. She's much better now and lets me cook while I put one of her fave programmes on so we're all eating together when hubby gets home from work about 5.30pm which also means she eats better as she can see us eating too. Works really well now.

I just find when I'm bored or stressed I pick and I'm getting more stressed now Skye is aproaching the terrible twos lol, she was such a laid back, easy baby, she is just too independant now and knows what she wants and if she doesn't get her own way....boy do I know about it lol. Love her to bits though and would not change her for the world!!!!

I have been much more controlled the past 2 weeks though and instead of picking I just have a glass of water or some fruit. Need to lose as much as possible before our family holiday. Would love to be below 200lbs and only got 8 more WIs so need to focus focus focus!!

What day do you WI hun? My WI day is tuesday.

Ignore my last question lol, just seen it on your first message. How did you get on at yesterdays WI? xx

Hi

Im a stay at home mum too, I have 3 children aged 2, 6 and 8. I have lost 2 and a half stone so far and mostly I find being at home ok being on sw, but I do struggle when Im feeling stressy, I try not to have many goodies in the house anyway. I think that since being on sw we are all eating better as a family though.

Jo

hi i am a part time worker (3 days) so technically i am at home more than i am at work so think i can join? lol....tom is my 4th WI and to be honest if i am not organised i find being at home throws me off track. Esp, like mentioned, the little one (18mths) is stressing me out. I am able to plan and stick to it at work better, esp drinking loads of water. Little one not been too well so feel as though not eaten/drunk enough to get a loss tomorrow though i have managed my syns for choc as a reward for all his sick lol but will stick in. I made lunch and dinner for tomorrow so that will help....look forward ot hearing more from you all x

Hi

Im a stay at home mum too, I have 3 children aged 2, 6 and 8. I have lost 2 and a half stone so far and mostly I find being at home ok being on sw, but I do struggle when Im feeling stressy, I try not to have many goodies in the house anyway. I think that since being on sw we are all eating better as a family though.

Jo

Hi Jo, yay there are more of us :D

I must admit we do eat so much healthier, I never used to cook anything from scratch it was all jars and freezer stuff, now everything is made from scratch and I think it tastes so much nicer too. Glad you're finding it ok. Well done on your loss so far. What is your WI day, make sure you let us know how you get on. xx

hi i am a part time worker (3 days) so technically i am at home more than i am at work so think i can join? lol....tom is my 4th WI and to be honest if i am not organised i find being at home throws me off track. Esp, like mentioned, the little one (18mths) is stressing me out. I am able to plan and stick to it at work better, esp drinking loads of water. Little one not been too well so feel as though not eaten/drunk enough to get a loss tomorrow though i have managed my syns for choc as a reward for all his sick lol but will stick in. I made lunch and dinner for tomorrow so that will help....look forward ot hearing more from you all x

Hi Debtin, course you can join!! So glad I'm not alone :D

Hope your little one is feeling better soon. Its so hard when they're poorly to stay on plan so well done hun and I agree its soooo much easier when you plan ahead, I need to get back into doing that! Good luck for your WI today, I've got mine today too. I'll make a list in another post of our WI days so we all know to help each other.

I had a bad day yesterday with the hubby worrying me about money so I'm not expecting a loss today :( will keep you all posted.

Hope everyone is having a good week xx

Weigh in days......

Vixmania41999 Tuesdays
LC85 Thursdays
JellyJo TBA
Debtin Tuesdays

Weigh in days......

Vixmania41999 Tuesdays
LC85 Thursdays
JellyJo Friday
Debtin Tuesdays

I was going to a sw group and being weighed wednesdays but we are really struggling with money at the mo so I am going to continue to do it at home and with the support of this website! So, I am going to have my new weigh in day as friday morning.
Hope you are all having a good week

Good for you Jo hun! We can't really afford for me to go to group either but I know for me if I don't go I'd be ok for a few weeks but I know I'd just give up. This website really is great for motivation and ideas though. Really hope it works for you, there are loads of people on here doing it without going to group! Good luck for Friday hun xx

Well I STS this week, I really expected a gain after the amount of syns I had yesterday so really pleased with that.

How did you do Debtin?

Hope you've all had a good day? xx

Hi girls
I'm a full time Mum to my little girl who's 2 and a half with another due in the Autumn.
As I was obese at the booking appointment I thought I needed to give SW another go to at least maintain my weight throughout the pregnancy. I have been going it alone for the last 4 weeks and am doing well so far.
The thing I struggle with most is the biscuits at all the toddler groups we attend! I've started taking a banana to keep me going during the mornings!
xxx

Hi

Petite Pingu - sounds like you are doing really well, I wish that I had been able to do sw during my pregnancies then I wouldn't have had to lose so much after!
I Know what you mean about the biscuits at toddler groups, perhaps try the alpen light bars which are only 3 syns or you can have 2 during the day for a healthy extra b. I find these keep me going and I feel I am having a treat, my favourite is chocolate and fudge.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I have been doing really well with the exercise this week. I have walked to school 3 times which is half an hour each way and one day we were late so ran most of the way while the kids were on scooters! Also just done an aerobics dvd tonight. So hoping that along with being good with the food will show on the scales tomorrow.

Jo

Hi girls
I'm a full time Mum to my little girl who's 2 and a half with another due in the Autumn.
As I was obese at the booking appointment I thought I needed to give SW another go to at least maintain my weight throughout the pregnancy. I have been going it alone for the last 4 weeks and am doing well so far.
The thing I struggle with most is the biscuits at all the toddler groups we attend! I've started taking a banana to keep me going during the mornings!
xxx

Hi Petite Pingu, welcome to the team :D
How are you finding SW while pregnant? We're hoping to start TTC again soon and I won't be at target so hope I can at least maintain during pregnancy. Sounds like you're doing really well! I know what you mean about the biccies too, although I haven't been to any toddler groups for a while as money is so tight here atm. I agree with Jo try taking an alpen light bar or you could take a packet of rich tea biscuits, the finger ones are 1 syn each (not the round ones as I think they're 3 each) they you won't feel like you're missing out so much if you know what I mean.

Good luck on your journey and congratulations on the pregnancy, do you know what you're having?
When is you WI day, I'll add it to the list?

Vix xx

Hi

Petite Pingu - sounds like you are doing really well, I wish that I had been able to do sw during my pregnancies then I wouldn't have had to lose so much after!
I Know what you mean about the biscuits at toddler groups, perhaps try the alpen light bars which are only 3 syns or you can have 2 during the day for a healthy extra b. I find these keep me going and I feel I am having a treat, my favourite is chocolate and fudge.

Hope everyone else is doing well. I have been doing really well with the exercise this week. I have walked to school 3 times which is half an hour each way and one day we were late so ran most of the way while the kids were on scooters! Also just done an aerobics dvd tonight. So hoping that along with being good with the food will show on the scales tomorrow.

Jo

Hi Jo

Good luck for tomorrow hun, sounds like you're had a great week, I've not done as much exercise as I'd have liked this week. Let us know how you get on hun xx

HI

I lost 2lb this week so im really pleased with that.
Hope you are all doing well.

JO

Well done Jo, thats great!!

I'm not expecting a loss this week, my 'star week' has returned after only a week of being away and I've got a horrible cold so not made the best choices this week, sometimes feeling rubbish just takes over and you comfort eat, all my meals have been good and I've not gone massively off plan, just picked at a few bits I shouldn't have. Wil just have to wait until tuesday to see what damage its caused.

Hope you've all had a fab weekend ladies, even if its been a wet one like we've had.

xxx

Hi

Hope you are all doing ok.

Another 1lb off for me this week. I've not been trying that hard this week so I'm going to be good next week to try and get a 2lb off!!

Jo

Hey Jo,

Well done with the 1lb loss, I had 1 lbs off on tuesday too.

Anyone got anything exciting planned for this weekend? I think we might be going to the zoo or somewhere on sunday if the weather is ok for fathers day, I'll be taking a picnic though so I can contol my syns.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

Vix xx

Hows everyone doing?

I lost 1.5lbs this week, happy with that, only got half a pound to my next award to going to really push myself this week to get a good number.

Hope everyone is doing ok!!! Let us know how you're getting on xxx

Back