Staying in ketosis

Starlight

Gold Member
Im not planning on eating - honest but Id rather know my options lol

I take it something like chicken or salmon or cold meat wouldnt affect my ketosis?? Like I said Im not planning on eating anything at all but I like to be prepared lol

mmmmmm prepared for what?? as soon as you start picking you will keep pushing the boundaries my advice is what you dont know cant hurt you x

in atkins having protein green veg and 20g of carbs puts you into ketosis within three days. so of you were going to id stick to protein. stay away from proccessed meat ie packets ham n chicken. the plainer the better. x

as you may have seen i do some days with no meal added, some days with, depending on time, hunger and just whether i feel i need to.

Mostly i add tuna, chicken etc with green salad and low carb low fat dressings, or brocolli/cauliflower.

Keeps me sane, and i *know* it wont affect me losing!

I've just read something about bars keeping you out of ketosis -is that the case? I have a bar every day! It's what keeps me going.

i have one everyday and I am in ketosis still I think it varys person to person xx have you got the sticks? i got them for £5 of ebay (50 of them)

Yes Ill have to buy the sticks this week. I'm due to buy another bumper pack but had a holiday in the middle so have spare shakes left over as there what I like least and had a meal each night. I was just wondering whether to do a week with just shakes to use them up. Mark (not sure of he is still here ) was doing just shakes and he seemed to be losing very well. I'm not losing loads but I guess I'm at that age. -and slow and steady works as well I guess.

I dont eat the bars everyday cos they make me feel yuk....but either way, ketosis or not, you are eating minimal calories and will lose weight. i wouldnt worry too much about them!

like you paula, i sometimes have a low carb meal, itkeeps me sane. Not always cos im hungry....but i miss eating proper food sometimes? That sounds mad....but id rather sometims have a low carb meal and teach myself along the way how to eat properly....than deprive myself 100% and blow it big time again when i get to target. I only plan on doing this twice a week maximum and i always on those days only have 2 packs. xx

Apparantly they only recommend one bar a day because they have some carbs and more than one MAY take you out of ketosis. Presumably if youre still in ketosis then theyre not affecting you.

Nope, it's not that.

Carb difference between soups shakes and bars is so negligible that you would have to be super-sensitive to carbs for it to affect your ketosis.

The reason Exante don't recommend more than one bar a day is cos they are higher in fibre and contain some sweeteners that may have a laxative effect on some people! :eek:

I believe I was one of those unlucky people who was super sensitive to the bars. had one every day as really liked them, but don't believe I went into ketosis. I often found myself very hungry, and when you're thinking about food and craving it that can be difficult to overcome.

I will probably do exante again at some point, but would mainly do soups and shakes I think. Shame, as the bars are really handy if you are going out somewhere as no preparation.

Nope, it's not that.

Carb difference between soups shakes and bars is so negligible that you would have to be super-sensitive to carbs for it to affect your ketosis.

The reason Exante don't recommend more than one bar a day is cos they are higher in fibre and contain some sweeteners that may have a laxative effect on some people! :eek:

Exante do also say that as well as the laxative effects they CAN take you out if ketosis though

The bars contain slightly more carbohydrates therefore having more than one
a day may take you out of Ketosis.

However some clients find that having two bars a day is okay and it does not take them out of ketosis.

Last edited:
Back