Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Lol, we are silly girlies aren't we! :)

Today, Day 8 complete! :D

Food:

After Jillian- 1 banana
Breakfast (at school): Oat so Simple (HExB) with a grated apple (s) and a pear (s).
Break: A kiwi (s), 3 huge strawberries (ss), another apple
Lunch: Chicken salad (chicken (s), lettuce (s), radicchio (s), courgette (s), leek (s), peppers (s), cherry tomatoes (s)). Melon (ss) and 2 mandarins (s)
Snack: 2 tiny plums (s), huuuuuge apple (s) and an apricot* (s)
Coffee time 1- Alpen light (3.0syns)

*First fresh apricot I've eaten (I've had dried...) It was quite yummy, glad I bought three.

I went to the greengrocers near school and bought lots of yummy new things! :) I am quite excited, I hope they have some of the more exciting ss berries next time so I can investigate loads of yummy stuff! :D

Dinner was eated up. It was yummy but I think next time I have to oomf up the spices... I was a bit stingy with the cumin and chillies actually.

Dinner: Keema Curry (extra lean beef mince, onions (s), peppers (s), passata (s), mushrooms (s), herbs & spices) served with clove & star anise scented rice.

Pudding: Pineapple (s) and kiwi (s)

Your whole day's menu is looking really yummy Shrimpy. Add some chopped green chillies n corriander into your Keema to help lift the flavours if you feel something was lacking. All sounds great to me though :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I will next time! :) More chillies and more coriander (fresh or dried?)

Shrimpy said:
I will next time! :) More chillies and more coriander (fresh or dried?)

Both! Check out my Keema n okra curry in my diary a few pages ago. It's my basic keema recipes Which you can cook minus the okra if you like :) Xx

I have never had an okra... they sell them frozen in asda.. is it worth grabbing some?

Shrimpy said:
I have never had an okra... they sell them frozen in asda.. is it worth grabbing some?

Yes but make sure you brown them off in a non stick pan & fry light first otherwise it will go horrible n slimy if you add it to the curry as it is.

LOL Helen! He's actually a pretty damn good cook, which is fab. :) He's also a neat freak, which is useful cause I'm not at all! :D

Aw Man! He can cook and he cleans? Surely this cant be true! You struck gold there, Mine cant boil an egg and he wouldn't see dirt if it hit him in the face, lol..

Yes but make sure you brown them off in a non stick pan & fry light first otherwise it will go horrible n slimy if you add it to the curry as it is.

Cool, I shall pick some up on Thursday - food shopping day. :) Is there any other yummy ways to eat it?

Aw Man! He can cook and he cleans? Surely this cant be true! You struck gold there, Mine cant boil an egg and he wouldn't see dirt if it hit him in the face, lol..

I was his first girlfriend so I trained him well! LOL. ;) The only issue I have with his cooking is he's sometimes a tad too generous with the chillies! :D

Last snack for the evening:
25g Caramel Snack a jacks (5.0syns) and a treatsize crunchie (4.0syns).

Today's totals:
Day: Extra Easy
HEx: A 250ml semi skimmed milk. B- Oat so simple
Syns: 12
Speed: 18!!!!

Your curry and rice sounds lovely! Personally I can't stand okra (sorry Lady A!) but apart from that her recipe sounds yummy too!

Btw I'm now addicted to Jaccs coffee, not sure whether to thank you or hate you for it ;)

Hello, been reading your diary with interest after happyhealthy's glowing recommendation:) I'm impressed with the speed you lost the weight in the first place and the way you're maintaining. Hope to become a maintainer myself soon, so looking around for tips!

Your curry and rice sounds lovely! Personally I can't stand okra (sorry Lady A!) but apart from that her recipe sounds yummy too!

Btw I'm now addicted to Jaccs coffee, not sure whether to thank you or hate you for it ;)

Jacc's coffee is AMAZING. It really does something special. :) Though I am in a quandry as I broke my big cafetiere, so have to make two littlies, and I stress about where I should make 2 the same or two different!

Hello, been reading your diary with interest after happyhealthy's glowing recommendation:) I'm impressed with the speed you lost the weight in the first place and the way you're maintaining. Hope to become a maintainer myself soon, so looking around for tips!

Hi and welcome. I'm just doing my best with maintaining, but the more people the better, maybe you can spot some things I could change? :)

Today's FOOD thus far

After Day 9!!!- 1 banana

Breakfast (at school): Oat so Simple (HExB) with a grated apple (s) and a pear (s). Then as I was still starving- pineapple(s) & kiwi chunks (s)

Break: Nectarine (s) and another apple (a pink lady this time. mmm)

Lunch: Chicken salad (Chicken (s), lettuce (s), raddichio (s), leek(s), peppers (s), cherry tomatoes (s)). A red grapefruit (ss).. Most of Jenny's Strawberries (ss) AND an alpen light (3.0) Jinkies.. I was starving!

:D see me :D Full of quality recommendations! Stand aside A.A. Gill!

Right, I am cooking dinner, but was too hungry to wait, so ate: the tiniest apricot, the biggest peach and a nectarine!

For dinner I am having Garlic Mushroom stuffed bacon wrapped chicken with butternut squash "roasties", carrots, green beans and broccoli, I think! :D

Did you hear that??!?!??
:eek:

:eek:

It was my belly!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so HUNGRY!

Completely hungry day! I have no idea why though... I'm eating the usual sort of stuff, only I can't seem to stop!

Had dinner.

Dinner: Bacon wrapped mushroom stuffed chicken (Chicken (s), turkey bacon (s), mushrooms (s), scallions (s), quark) with butternut squash(s) roasties and mixed veggies (carrots (s), green beans (s), cabbage (s) and broccoli (s)).
Pudding: Fruit salad (pineapple (s), strawberries (ss), melon (ss) and raspberries (ss)) with total 0% yog.

Think it's a RED day!!!! W00000000000000! Extra HExBs!

Dinner sounds lush as usual Shrimpy.....Do you think I could make it without the bacon or would it be too dry? I don't eat pork and Halaal turkey bacon is like a mish to find. Xx

You can make it without the bacon, I stuiff the chicken boob, wrap in foil and shove in the oven, so it should be moist enough. I would add some smoked paprika to give it the smoky yummy flavour. :)

Shrimpy said:
You can make it without the bacon, I stuiff the chicken boob, wrap in foil and shove in the oven, so it should be moist enough. I would add some smoked paprika to give it the smoky yummy flavour. :)

Thanks I'll defo try it when I can get hold of some quark as they were all out in tesco & sainsbury's. Xx

Back