Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Your diary is fantastic.
You are so good at keeping to it! =]

Very jealous about frightfest too!
Would love to go to that.
Or comicon! Either would be great!

Thank you. Hopefully my ramblings and food will give people some nice ideas. :)

I would LOVE to do Comicon... hopefully some time in the next 5 years...

Got hungry so I ate the end of my HExB (ryvita WGCB) smeared with quark & some raspberries (ss) & 4 mikado (2.0syns). All happily full now and about to go pack for frighhtfest, heading straight after weigh in...

Round up.

Day: Extra Easy
HEx: A- 250ml semi skimmed milk B- Oat so Simple & 1 Ryvita WGCB
Syns: 9.5!
Speed: 15

Holy hell, I have been a very good girl today, I really hope weigh in goes good!!!

Things I'm Proud of today:
  • I listened to my tummy and actually LEFT food on my plate (at lunch)
  • I waited 10mins before getting a TINY portion of seconds
  • I pushed myself to the limit with Jillian (and my bum knows it)
  • I drank at least 2 litres of water!
  • I am feeling upbeat about weigh in! :eek:

My friend has done loads of comicons, and I said to her recently that I would love to do at least one in my lifetime!!

XX

Have a fantastic time at frightfest, good luck for WI and enjoy the cinnabons :). Please let me know about them ! (where is frightfest ?)

And well done on your lists of achievements, I think that's a great idea.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Frightfest is in the Empire in Leicester Square (London). I'm utterly excited! :) :)

Gearing up to go slowly though as I have just had breakfast and still have to do Jillian. Dad was watching telly again, but I don't think I can do Jillian for at least an hour after eating otherwise
puke.gif

So.Food...

Breakfast: 2 weetabix (HExB) with milk (HExA) topped with a sliced banana. Some pineapple (s) chunks and a coffee. :)

You'll have to let us know how WI went before you go, or else you're not going! ;) :p

I has been having the internet down day, boo! Stupid talk talk!

Anyhoos! Foodies!

Snackums- A nectarine (s)

Lunch: SW Smoked Salmon Quiche (smoked salmon, eggs, ff cottage cheese, broccoli (s), green peppers (s), leek (s)) served with a side salad (mixed leaves (s), pickled onions (s) and pickled peppadew peppers (s)).

Snack: banana

Shrimpy said:
I didn't know that had other names! They're labbeled as physalis in my asda. Yummy wee blighters!

Whenever I see this Spelt I always pronounce it in the way if you had a water infection...now what I mean? Haha its a running joke at work as I do pronounce things how they are Spelt so I often get areas wrong and they all laugh at me heehee :)

Come back, Shrimpy!! I misses you :)

She'll be back soon x

Frightfest is in the Empire in Leicester Square (London). I'm utterly excited! :) :)

Ah, now I get why you were looking forward to the cinnabons. Lucky, lucky you !!

Hope you are having a fabulous time. Look forward to hearing all about it.

Gail x

I’m HOME!!! I missed you all!! Ok, you asked for it! The longest post in internet history!!!

Day1 – Wednesday
At weigh in I lost 2lbs!!! :D So that has alleviated some of the panic about Frightfest. So after weigh in I quickly scoffed a peach and apple and a small slice of left over quiche. Then the drive to London with Husband (G) and his friend B... Arrived in London and went out for dinner to Monkey Nuts. I was good (ish) I had a steak (medium rare of course), jacket potato and a side salad (I asked for no dressing but it came dressed and I was too hungry to care!!). Then arrived at my sisters and had fruit salad she had made for me (melon, strawbs, apple, pineapple & grapes). Later on I ate a Rocky Crispy Crunch (4.5syns) and 4 mini flumps (2.0syns). I’m allowing the rest of today’s syns for the dressing and any oil etc,
Frightfest starts tomorrow and I’m really rather excited. I can’t wait!!! Been semi watching a movie “Grave Encounters” to get us in the FF mood- all fake found footage of a ghost show gone hooribly wrong. Some spooky and some gory bits – a few pretty good kills. Anyway heading to bed now so will do round up.
Day: Extra Easy
HEx: A- 250ml semi skimmed milk B- 2 weetabix
Syns: 6.5 + allowing 8.5 for the meal out = 15.0

Day2- Thursday
I slept so badly last night, utterly knackered & somehow surviving on caffeine! Breakfast at sisters was: 2 melon slices, 2 weetabix & milk. Snack: some pineapple & Lunch: Tuna in a jacket potato served with pepper slices & a mahoosive strawberry for afters.
Headed to Covent Garden to check into the rooms (& meet husband’s other friend J). Room’s quite good, got a cooker and everything!
I think we’ll head to buy fruit & essentials soon as I neeeeeeeeeeeeed my SW stuff (and milk & coffee)!
Grabbed dinner at TGI Fridays in Leicester Square, WORST SERVICE EVER! (well apart from last time we ate there, lol). I got a steak, spicy rice & salad (-dressing). Twas nice, except the steak was overcooked. Then, off to the 1st movie!
Don’t be Afraid of the Dark- Damn Scary faeries!!! Summary- couple take the guy’s kid (from ex wife) to a big old scary but gorgeous house that he’s renovating. Kid hears voices, frees the fae and all hell breaks loose!!! One pretty nasty scene but the entire movie was beautiful- a work of art. It scared the bejeesus outta me! Zoe- You’d love it!! J In the cinema I ate a fruit salad and a banana.
Second film- Final Destination 5. Really enjoyed that, the usual promise of crazy improbably gory kills was fulfilled in GLORIOUS 3D! Nice link to the first one too! I have really been enjoying it, though the queue for the loo is phenomenal! Just after FD5 I went & 2 loos had no roll so I pinched some and stuffed it in my bag, for tomorrow, lol. I ate a pineapple pack and made my tongue all fuzzy and the pepsi max then tasted like pepsi crap! Nevermind.
Next (and final movie of today) is The Theatre Bizzare, though just saw a wee short called Holy Gloria- very emotional. This next one is an anthology movie with each mini story directed by a different director.
It was crap- overall. Some of them were okay but in general, crap! Got back to the room at 2am, having a mugshot (chicken noodle) as I’m STARVING!!! Will grab an apple while waiting & 2 flumps (1.0syns). After my mugshot, I had a coffee and a wee bag of mini oreos (6.0syn) & 2 more flumps (1.0syns) DAMN they’re addictive!
Day: EE HEx: 2 weetabix, milk Syns: 8.0 allowing the rest for oil etc.

Day 3: Friday.
We queued for AGES for the Discovery screen.
Sidebar- At Frightfest your ticket gets you a seat in the Main screen for all the Festival movies, and on a first come first serve seat in the discovery screen – itty bitty screen where the one that didn’t quite make it go.
So ended up missing breakfast! So only had time to grab a bagel :eek:, so today, off plan. Breakfast bagel had egg and bacon (and I think it had butter…). 1st Movie is Rogue River a backwoods horror- some nice big brother looking after little sister crazy kidnap chaos; cue incest & deaths.
After that we had some free time so went for a few jars at a local (diet coke for me- HALO!) & then lunch. We went to a Mexican restaurant in SoHo, and I toyed with being good, but then decided to have the carnita tacos (4 tiny flour tortilla stuffed with pork, salsa, guacamole & salad). Reaaaalllly nice, greasy but oh so tasty! Then I went to “Snog”which is a fat free sugar free frozen yogurt with toppings. So I had a little natural snog with pineapple, blueberries & raspberries- so that was my healthy choice. Then we wandered to tesco & picked up cinema snacks (fruit salads for me & a 2lt bottle of water).
Next movie was Urban Explorers at 5pm. I really liked that one! Basic story was, Group of people exploring the underground tunnels & bunkers for Nazi era Germany (creepy locations & lots of gruesome squick moments). After that we were due to watch 2 together so I ran to get some dinner. I stopped in Noodle Stop & got boiled rice & chicken in Black bean sauce. It was a HUUUUUGE portion, I’m ashamed to admit I ate it ALL, however I was stuffed all the way from 6.45 til midnight. Saw the Glass Man (Debt ridden man goes crazy- good performances saved the tired story) & then Kidnapped. It was a home invasion robbery gone wrong movie. Spanish, well acted which stopped it being too samey. Mih, I liked it!Then off to The Phoenix Arts Club, so the boys could get the beers in before the last movie- Vile. Which really wasn’t anything special. Bit mediocore.
Summary: Off Plan day! Too many syns to count, in terms of sweet stuff I’ve had 2 jellies & 2 flumps.
Day 4: Saturday
We got up and queued for the Discovery screen again. I ate a banana. After getting tickets we went to a wee café for breakfast. I had 2 poached eggs on wholemeal toast (2 slices 800g-HExB) unbuttered with baked beans, bacon & veggies (mushies & tomato) & a coffee- allowing 5 syns for any oil etc. Then we wandered around, went to M&S where I bought fruit & some salads. Mih, Being as good as I can today.
Next was Atrocious Spanish “Found Footage” style horror. Three siblings were found murdered in their holiday home- I knew who killed them, before the reveal. Then drinks (& lunch) in a pub, no jackets :eek: so I chose the best I could. I had Chicken & Chorizo salad (no dressing). I had two small pices of Chorizo & a wee bit of salsa so allowing 5 more syns.
Next was Panic Button- I’m ashamed to admit konking out for about 20mins, not cause it was crap, though. It was okay, interesting premise that failed to deliver. Then Fright Night (3D)- I liked it- on it’s own merits though, not as a remake. It was silly fun & in 3D! It had Mc Lovin- vampirised and David Tennant – was Russell Brand playing a Kris Angel style Peter Vincent- but it was a fun Vampire Romp!
Then, Jacket potato & baked beans for dinner. Yummy!! Utterly stuffed though, then off to see The Devil’s Business – really enjoyed that British Movie with a throwback to 70’s Satanic Cult horror- sort of faustian effects movie. During this J gave me an Oreo Cakester (6.5syns) that he had bought at a stupid price from CyberCandy so I felt that I had to eat it- so no more syns today!
Last Movie of the night was Chillerama – a series of 3 mini movies shown in a closing night of a Drive-Thru (with sex zombies- when there’s no more room in hell the dead will f*** the earth). So much fun! The 1st vignette was “Wadzilla”- a creature feature 50’s style with a giant killer sperm cell, then “I was a teenage werebear” a musical gay piece in every sense of the word, then “Diary of Anne Frankenstein” – just FREAKING hilarious! The last vignette was “Deathacation” about poo obviously.
Then home & had an apple & Clementine
Round up:
Day: EE HEx: A- Milk B- 1 ½ slices of WM bread
Syns:
½ slice of WM bread & oils etc on breakfast- 5.0
Oil & Chorizo in lunch – 5.0
Oreo Cakester – 6.5
Total- 16.5 :eek:

Sunday:
Breakfast- Poached eggs on toast (2slices 800g WM Toast) with baked beans & mushrooms. A banana & a coffee.
The Divide was the first movie- Post Apocalyptic survival horror- really good, bleak but compelling!
Then to Tesco, got fruit & waited for G. Then to the Quiz From Hell & Short Film showcase- lots of reallty good shorts, some scary, some heartrending, most good. Ate a tropical Fruit salad mix.
Lunch- Jacket potato & baked beans & a side salad from a wee takeaway place on Leicester Square- huge and delicious! Then to See The Innkeepers, I ate a Fruit gum (0.5syns), which was an atmospheric ghost story. Lots of jumpy bits, creeping dread and laugh out loud moments.
Next was Sint (Saint) a fabulous “True legend” of Santa, cue lots of murderous black Peters lead by a Bishop turned pirate with an insatiable lust for vengeance from all of Amsterdam. I ate another fruit medley thing. J
Dinner- no time for real dinner so bolted it to the jacket tato shop, for more spud n’ beans. Stuffed & finishing it here in the screen while waiting for Shifter (a short) and Kill List. Just had a sherbet (1.0syns).
I thought Kill List might be the bestmovie so far- brutal, uncompromising, simply great! I had to do a fast walk back to the room – too many beans – so got some proper body magic.
Last Movie on Sunday was Detention & OMG! I totally LOVED it!!! Best Retro Heathers ever J (Ate a melon & grapes nack pack). No back to the room for coffee , snack and bed!
Day: Green
HEx: A- Milk. both B’s- WM toast (2 slices)
Syns: 3- For oil in Mushies
1- Sherbet
½ - Fruit Gum
4 ½ - Rocky Crispy Crunch
2- 4 mini-flumps
= 11.0

Monday- 2nd Off Plan day – decided in advance!
Got up & grabbed breakfast (today was a lie in- bliss!!!). B’fast- 2 slices WM toast, 2 pached eggs & baked beans. Grabbed a banana & wandered around Forbidden Planet- AMAZING! So much geekdom, so little space! I was restrained though, I wanted to buy everything but I gots no monies! Now, it’s a movie, then lunch, then 2 more. So we’re skipping 2 today, though we skipped none yesterday!
Overall, I’ve had so much fun & I can’t believe how fast it has gone. We saw Deadheads- Zombie RomCom Road Trip movie. Really fun- if you get a chance go see it/rent it, whatever! So Much fun!
Then to Bodeans BBQ & had a sharing platter with husband. Holy f***ing hell how much food?!?! The platter consisted of rack of ribs, brisket, spare ribs, pulled pork, burnt ends, ¼ chicken with slaw, chips & a side of corn bread. All the meat was melt in your mouth tender, falling off the bone, succulent & flavourful! The corn bread muffin was buttery deliciousness that will haunt me for years! OMFG- so good! Words cannot do it justice. I ate way too much, hudband ate way too much, B ate way too much (& was actually defeated and is shamed- will regret it tomorrow!). We’re in a pub now, enjoying some diet coke til the next movie Inbreds at 6.30.
Inbreds was great fun, backwoods hick movie set in rural Yorkshire. Lots of comedy gems & gore and I believe the song will remain imprinted in my brain for quite some time!
In between that & A Lonely Place to Die – I grabbed a minibon (OMG so yummy) & a Ben & Jerry’s Icecream ( 1 scoop choc macadamia & 1 scoop fairly nuts). YUMZER! Shared a bit with husband, but not much as I is too greeeeeeedy! I enjoyed the last movie- though not really a typical FrightFest type piece but very very good!
Then off to the Crobar (in SoHo), spent a few hours there then back to the room and having a coffee and the left over minibon now.
So, yeah, off plan, big time but worth it and I’ll be back on plan tomorrow.

Tuesday- last day.
Up at 9, showered, coffee & had a co-op classic fruit salad (apple, orange, pineapple, kiwi & watermelon) for breakfast- see back on plan! Wandered around London (Forbidden Planet again & Orc’s Nest, then, lunch). Lunch was a jacket potato and baked beans with a side salad (lettuce, peppers, onion & carrots). Then to Snog for pudding- 1 little snog with 3 toppings (pineapple, strawberries & kiwi- 3.5syns), I hope one opens near me, so yummy and only 3.5syns! Tube, train and drive home and back to normality (boo hiss). I have had a fab Frightfest, so at least I’ve had fun, even though it feels like it has vanished soooo fast!
Then on the drive home I had 2 apples & 2 lemonheads (crazy candy 5calories per piece- 0.5syns).Got home, ate a HiFi (HExB) and then off to Asda for essentials .
Dinner- Turkey Stir Fry (turkey (ss), peppers (s), onion (s), cabbage (s), beansprouts (s), carrots (s)) with noodles in a soy & rice wine sauce.
Then had a coffee with a ryvita WGCB (1.0syns) with quark & raspberries (ss).

So, that, is that! All the way to right now!

Welcome back!!
Sounds like you had a fab time and OMFG, it sounds like you were soo good while away! :eek: :worthy:

I know you had a few naughty bits, but if anyone deserves a day or two off plan, you do :D

Thank you, I did my best. :)

Sounds absolutely fantastic. Obviously what I read was 'blah blah blah' (no offence meant ;)) MINIBON 'blah blah blah' MINIBON (not that I have a one track mind..........!). Yum yum. Also read cornbread which sounded lovely.

Glad you had a great time. Welcome back :)

Gail x

P.S. And well done on WI too :D

Sent from my iPhone

Oi, I was told to be detailed! If that aint detail, I dunno what is! ;)

Yeah, minibons are amazing and cornbread! :)

Glad to be back. :)

LOL. Of course I read it all. I just only took in the Minibons bit :p

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

LOL, One track mind! :)

Back