Staying Shunk Shrimpy

Thank you very much Laura. :)

Today's food.
Breakfast: Oat so Simple (HExB) made with water & milk (HExA) and a grated tiny apple
Break: banana & pear
Lunch: Chicken salad (chicken, lettuce, endive, pickled onions, pickled cabbage, pickled peppers, pickled beetroot). TINY Apple, mandarin
Snack: 2 braeburn apples
Dinner: Fiesta pork casserole (pork, courgette, butternut squash, onion, peppers, passata). Hifi (HExB).

I still have all my sysn to go! :D

I love braeburn apples! I was getting them in Lidl for ages and then they just stopped selling them :confused:

Heels are amazing things and weirdly they don't hurt any more. I used to worry about all my skinny friends having feet without feeling cause a pair of heels used to KILL after an hour. Now I can wear them all day. Ohh! One more "thanks to SW" moment!

I love braeburn apples! I was getting them in Lidl for ages and then they just stopped selling them :confused:

I stole them from Jenny's lunch- she buys a big bag of food and leaves it in the workroom and was absent today... :eek:

I stole them from Jenny's lunch- she buys a big bag of food and leaves it in the workroom and was absent today... :eek:

:sign0151:

Well they would have gone bad, you were doing her a favour.... :p

Coffee snacks had.

A galaxy caramal cake bar (6.0syns) and a jumbo caramel snack a jack (2.5syns) and a pear!

Sorry I've been AWOL from your diary Shrimpy. Well done for making it to the final 6 you look so lovely in the pictures you should be very proud of yourself! Xx

Shrimpy....I have a question about when you were trying to loose not maintain-can I email you??:) Want to know about fruit levels-i am scared i eat too much, even though that sounds crazy.

Also to all people reading in general-how can slimming world work if we don't count calories????

Looking at your pics from the woty made me all emotional! Well Done fab! xxxx

Aww shucks, Emsie!! :)

Sorry I've been AWOL from your diary Shrimpy. Well done for making it to the final 6 you look so lovely in the pictures you should be very proud of yourself! Xx

Pity about the visible waistband and slouching! But thank you! :) I am quite chuffed!

Shrimpy....I have a question about when you were trying to loose not maintain-can I email you??:) Want to know about fruit levels-i am scared i eat too much, even though that sounds crazy.

Also to all people reading in general-how can slimming world work if we don't count calories????

I always have eaten the same amount of fruit, LOADS of it! :) SW works by making us feel full when we eat low energy high density foods we feel full and don't eat too many calories. By all means though, email me or pm me.

You looked brilliant in your pics and SW. And bloody hell, look at them loos!! The toilets weren't like that at PDSA head office :p
Thanks :eek: but those loos! They are sooo posh aren't they!

I know about the low density thing and i do get that, except I know how much I can eat and I just think that even when I'm eating fruit and veg and yogs and slimming world chips etc I eat too much to be under 1300kcals per day?? ya know?
Bottom line...I'm greedy and eat a lot and wonder if this plan will work for me. want it to because it's very healthy but to see weight off I might have to strictly count cals. no fun. :mad:

I know about the low density thing and i do get that, except I know how much I can eat and I just think that even when I'm eating fruit and veg and yogs and slimming world chips etc I eat too much to be under 1300kcals per day?? ya know?
Bottom line...I'm greedy and eat a lot and wonder if this plan will work for me. want it to because it's very healthy but to see weight off I might have to strictly count cals. no fun. :mad:

I quite regularily have around 2000 kcals. But have been losing nice and steadily! So do give it a good try before you quit and try not to think about calories-the whole point is not to! x

Sorry I've been AWOL for a bit. Busy week :(

Okay, Just back!

I got through the first round, to the top 6, but I didn't win! I am so chuffed to have gotten this far! :)

That is absolutely FANTASTIC. I am so impressed and proud of you. Love the board and the photos (how did you know the loos were so posh ???). Well done :D

Hi sweetchip (if you read this),

I felt the same way. I couldn't believe that this would work for me when you were unlimited on pasta, rice etc but it does. Don't ask me how but my losses were really good at the beginning when I was just following the plan. Don't count calories - that's not how SW works. In the latter stages, I have counted my calories (for interest) and find that I'm generally eating around 1600 per day and still losing however in the early days I would definitely have been eating more so that would have been higher. My portion size has naturally reduced over time but don't push it too fast. You need to be able to stick to the plan (that's THE most important thing) so do whatever makes you most likely to stick to it (and this is the other reason why my advice to most people is to use your syns (it makes the plan more enjoyable), especially if you have lots to lose).

Anyway, sorry for that 'detour'. WELL DONE again Shrimpy - you are an inspirational SUPERSTAR !!!!

Gail x

Now, then.. I know you're busy and all.. but... come BACK!

:eek: 3 days away ? :eek: !!

Come back - we miss you.

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

I'm sorry! I am soooo swamped. I'm not even getting to eat dinner til 9pm! Then I've been working til 10:30 most nights. I'll be back properly at the weekend and fill you all in, promise!

No problem. I know the feeling. Don't worry, as long as you are ok then that's fine.

Gail x

I feel all abandoned and stuff :cry: ;)

Hurry back!

Hope things calm down a bit for you. x

Okay, Hold on for the crazy long update about the last two weeks.

Back tyo school for the first week was tiring but okay, then Jenny my HOD got a chest infection and was signed off for two weeks. This means that I was "acting Head of Dept". In that two weeks we are really pushing recruitment, so...

Week 1- Mon - Fri-Setting cover for her lessons, sorting out a small timetable issue. Tuesday night went with a friend to help her and her Year 6 kid choose a secondary school. Then thursday Year 6 Science day- running and organising and fixing a staffing issue. CHAOS + stress x year 6 primary kids = Arrgh and VICTORY as it went brilliantly! :)

Week 2: Monday - Year 6 open evening- running, sorting out student volunteers, getting displays on walls- Ooof, then ending at 8pm! Woohoo!! Went fabulously! Even got a mention in whole school briefing! Huge timetabling issue surfaced on Monday, NQT covering Jenny's lessons - support there needed. Tuesday night another school to look at - ending at 9! Wednesday group, Thursday Asda shop. Today, Collapse! :)

On wednesday last week I lost 1lb and then this week I gained 1lb, but still in target! :D Also. Now it's six MONTHS at target!!! :D :D :D So a treat is due! :)

Over all I have been a good girl, just been eating really late and getting rather stressed. I am back though. I think! :)

So today's round up:
Breakfast: The usual Oat so Simple (HExB) made with water and milk (HExA) with a grated apple and a banana.
Snack: Exotic fruit pack- Melon, mango, pineapple, An apple
Lunch: Curried Carrot & BNS soup (onion, carrots, BNS, stock, frylight). Orange
Snack: Apple, pear
Dinner: Saffon & lemon Chicken- from 100EE days (chicken, stock, frylight, herbs & spices, onions & carrots). Fruit (pineapple, strawberries, raspberries) & total 0%
Snack: Apple, pear
Coffee time1: HiFi Bar (HExB) and 2 Lindt mini bars (3.5syns)
Snack: Chicken chunks
Snack: a mug of curried carrot & BNS soup
Coffee time2: 25g bag of caramel snack a jacks (5.0syns) & 3 mikado (1.5syns)

Day: Red
Total syns: 10.0

That is FANTASTIC Shrimpy. So now 6 months down the line, how do you feel looking back ? Is it how you thought you'd be ? Do you think you'll still be at target at 1 yr, 2 yrs etc ?

And what is your reward going to be ???? :D

Gail x

Sent from my iPhone

Back