Stefs Diary

Stef84

Hi! I'm Stef.

I'm 27, female and a fat vegan. I've been on and off diet most of my adult life and I'm sick of it. This time around I want to develop some healthy and sensible eating habits at the same time as losing weight. I've been using Slimming World as my main guidelines for what to eat and what not to, without following the plan strictly. I have started to realise that the Slimming World approach doesn't help me with controlling portion sizes so I'm looking at Weight Watcher at the moment.

I gave myself a good kick up the bum last night to get my weight loss back on track, hence why I am here now.

Week 1 Day 1

Food wise I think I've had a great first day back on track. I've been having a play with a Weight Watchers food diary app on my phone and easily kept within my points limit. However, I have probably gone far over my limit with the booze I've had tonight. I know that I probably shouldn't justify it and make excuses, but, I have made huge changes from what I was eating and drinking a few days ago so I don't mind too much. :)

I'm just hoping my second day and weekend goes even slightly as well. :)

Good luck with your journey :D

Good luck with your journey :D

Thank you and also thank you for reminding me to keep this diary updated. :)

Week 1 Days 2 & 3

When ever I diet I always allow myself some treats at the weekend starting with Friday afternoon, because that to me is the start of my weekend. I don't count the points for these treats but I do keep in mind how much I've had and don't have things for the sake of it, for me it's a chance to have the things I've been wanting in a controlled way which in tha past has worked out fairly well for me. During the day on Friday I stuck well within my WW points and still had loads left but the night time when I stopped counting, I only really had a bit more bread than I should I suppose.
Saturday went pretty well overall too, Gav and I went to Birmingham for a bit of a shopping trip so of course we had to call in to Scruffys for a pint. :p We also ended up in the pub for a few when we got back. Other than the drink, food wise I think I did fairly well. :) I had lots of veg instead of my usual habit of shoving things in the oven.

Week 1 Day 4 (Part 1)

I've been up for about an hour or so and I still haven't had any food yet which is great for me, I would normally head straight for the kitchen, so I'm thinking that today I will get back to tracking my points.
Speaking of points, this is the first time that I've done Weight Watchers and the weekly pro points allowance is new to me. As I don't count my points at weekends, at the moment I think that I'm going to wipe the weekly allowance out as used yesterday to limit any damage that my treats might have done to my weight loss. If any one reading this has any thoughts on this I'd love to hear them. :)

Week 1 Day 4 (Part 2)

The rest of Sunday went amazingly well, I stuck well within my points and had loads of fruit and veg. :) Fingers crossed I can keep thus uo for a while. :)

Week 1 Day 5

Monday went alright food wise, although I did have a couple of drinks of white cider when I got home after work that weren't covered by my daily points allowance. I'm not going to beat my self up to much about it though, I have stuck to this diet really well so far and compared to what I would have been eating and drinking normally I've done AMAZINGLY well. :)

I just want to say how good this post is! If anybody comes across this thread that hasn't read that post I strongly suggest you go and have a look. :)

Woo! I've just weighed in. I've lost 5.2lbs since last week!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I think I've given up on making day by day posts to this diary but I have realised that it is still a great place to come and moan if I'm feeling down or to brag about how great I'm doing.

Today I'm going to brag! :)
I'm currently sat in to canteen at work having just finished my dinner. I had a soya cheese sandwich and a tub of grapes and cherries, and even better although I have money on me I've resisted the crisps from the machine. :) The fruit was a last minute grab as I went out the door this morning but I think I'm going to have to plan to do that more often. :)

Hmmm, weigh in tomorrow... I'm not looking forward to it this week. I had a great loss last week and can't see it happening twice in a row, that and more importantly I had a fair bit to drink at the weekend. Oh well, not much I can do about that now but get back on track and hope for the best.....

Well, the weigh in went as badly as expected, I've put on 1.4lb this week. Oh well, on I go.

I've joined a monthly goal thread and I still plan to have lost 8lb by the end of the month, as well as this weeks 1.4lb. Bring it on!!!

Sounds like you have made a really good start, and that loss in your first week is amazing! Well done.

I know people think very differently when it comes to "the best way" to lose weight but to me if its going to be a long term changing of habits for the better then I think not making huge changes in one go is the way to go. When I first starting losing weight (several years ago now, sob) I would allow myself the odd meal or day off plan and there would definitely be times when I didn't count the alcohol. Gradually it reduced over time to the point where now I can happily go out and not drink and not feel like I am depriving myself. I still have the odd pint or glass of wine but it tends to just be the one now whereas I definitely used to be the type to drink 6 or 7 pints in an evening...

If you are thinking of SF, some of us follow SF rules but pp it too, which might be something to try if you are still worried about portion control.

Sounds like you have made a really good start, and that loss in your first week is amazing! Well done.

I know people think very differently when it comes to "the best way" to lose weight but to me if its going to be a long term changing of habits for the better then I think not making huge changes in one go is the way to go. When I first starting losing weight (several years ago now, sob) I would allow myself the odd meal or day off plan and there would definitely be times when I didn't count the alcohol. Gradually it reduced over time to the point where now I can happily go out and not drink and not feel like I am depriving myself. I still have the odd pint or glass of wine but it tends to just be the one now whereas I definitely used to be the type to drink 6 or 7 pints in an evening...

If you are thinking of SF, some of us follow SF rules but pp it too, which might be something to try if you are still worried about portion control.

The weight loss in my first week was amazing! I don't feel quite so bad about putting on the second week when I work out that actually, 3.8lbs in two weeks is still pretty good. :)

I'm very much with you on having the odd meal/day off of plan and occasionally not counting alcohol. I think I'd go mad and not even try if I had to be 100% on plan! At least every other weekend I have what I want (within reason) and then I feel like I'm more able to stick to the diet during the week.

I did have a good think last night about how I want to go forward with either PP or SF. Once I've seen how I get on this weekend I might stick to SF and limit any pasta/potatoes/rice or anything I'm likely to have huge portions of to no more than 6-7PP per serving.

Sounds like a sensible plan to control the carb portions if you know that is where you struggle with portion control (it always used to be my own struggle too). SF is a really good plan, I think most people find its encourages healthier choices on things that fill you up much more effectively so you naturally eat less because you don't tend to be as hungry.

What you might find as you go along is that the regularity of your "off plan" moments change. These days I very seldon go off plan as my eating and drinking habits have changed so much. It hasn't improved my losses any I must add but then it appears my body is just very awkward these days and doesn't want to lose weight.

Woo! I lost 3lb this week. I think the main things that were different between this week and last was the amount of booze I drank last week, the amount of fruit I ate this week and this week I've been drinking lots of squash rather than the sugar free fizzy drinks I had last week.
I've also had a bit of a go at Weight Watchers Simply Filling plan, which reminds me a lot of Slimming world with a few more restrictions in places and a few less in other places. Bread!!! I think I can see my self using this plan more often, especially at the weekends, however, as soon as those weekly points disappear I'll be back on the PP plan!

Talking of weekly points, I have quite a few left and the urge for a bottle of wine!

Brilliant loss, well done! Really pleased for you. Sounds like everything is going in the right direction.

Back