Step 2 (810) food list?

Millerette

Hi, just started yesterday on 810 plan, lady told me chicken white fish and green and white veg and gave me a weight record card but that's about it. Should I have had a book or something explaining the plan? Is there a list of allowed foods and what are the quantities?

Hi, just started yesterday on 810 plan, lady told me chicken white fish and green and white veg and gave me a weight record card but that's about it. Should I have had a book or something explaining the plan? Is there a list of allowed foods and what are the quantities?

Oh no... Seem to be hearing this more and more... YES you should have been given a book, these CWPCs make me angry, how can you do a diet but not actually have the information about it!!

The veg amount is 80g but not as straight forward as green and white since for example no sorts of green beans are on the list, the protein amounts vary substantially depending on what you have. Sorry would list it but would take an age to type out!

Think you need to take her to task or just find a new one ASAP!

Could someone help explain step 2 to me too please?! I'm moving up to step 2 next week for a week's break from SS, so while my consultant will discuss it in more depth with me then I've started reading about it in the Cambridge book and gotten very confused.
It says we can have chicken/fish/tofu and 80g veg, fine, however the recipes that follow use things like tandoori paste and rice noodles! Are rice noodles really allowed? I'd have thought not since they're carbs, but if they are that could be nice. Also confused by the amounts in the recipes. The tandoori spiced fish contains 200g of veg, and even though it serves 2 that still makes it 100g each, more than the 80g allowance...

Help!

If you follow a recipe you can have exactly whats on it ( check how many the portion serves!!!) otherwise you are limited to the choices- your cdc really should have given you the info - totally out of order to take your money and not do the job- might be worth changing her and/ or speaking to cd about it. Back in a mo with the food list

the veggies have been increased to 80g

170 g Chicken or turkey (skinless)
230 g Cod haddock or white fish
250 g steamed Tofu
200 g Quorn
180 g Tinned tuna (in water)
185 g pre-cooked Prawns
225 g low fat cottage cheese - less than 2% fat
2 large eggs

Back to do veggies when i find them.

google cambridge diet plan and find their main website- there is a list there on what your consultant should be doing for you.....

And heres the veggies- 80 grams allowed

Asparagus
Kale
Broccoli
Lettuce
Cabbage (even pickled)
Marrow
Mushrooms
Cauliflower
Pac choi
Celeriac
Red radishes
Spinach
Celery
Turnip tops (leafy part)
Watercress
Chinese leafy greens
Courgettes
Cucumber
Fennel
Green salad leaves

HERBS AND SPICES
Thyme
Chives
Basil / oregano
Fennel
White / black pepper
Paprika / smoked paprika

And along with loads of other info on th cd site this is important

Starting The Plan
At your first face-to-face meeting, your Consultant will weigh and measure you and then discuss an appropriate target weight with you.
They will explain all the Cambridge Step programmes including the four stages of each weight loss programme; preparation, weight loss, stabilisation and long-term weight management. After discussing your personal circumstances, your Consultant will recommend an appropriate Step for you to start on.
You will be provided with the Cambridge Weight Plan Steps Programme booklet and as you progress towards your target weight, your Consultant may recommend a change of Step. Even when you reach your target, it's important to continue to see your Consultant until you are confident you can successfully manage your new weight.

I really hate seeing consultants ripping us off with old or inaccuarte info or not bening othered to do the job properly- if they cant be othered then they should quit and stop letting clients down- sorry rant over!

if im not allowed to post this , sorry, and
please delete it

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the CWP (week 2) and am on Step 2 because of my high BMI. I have a very good Camb consultant who has given me all the info she is meant to plus lots of extra. One of the things I was reading this morning was about the various recipes in the Steps book.
The reason you can have extra bits in a recipe is that they have cooked it all in their labs and tested how the foods work together. With the recipes they are sure that the combination of foods won't affect your losses. The foods on the allow list are far more controlled and limited because they are all ok to eat in any combination. E.g. any protein selection with any veg selection.
I hope I've explained that properly and not just waffled! It is quite complicated but I'm getting into the swing of things now. This forum is definitely my saving grace, I was feeling very isolated when I began as I have a LOT of weight to lose but every time I read a new thread I realise that it is possible and I will find the answers to most of my questions right here.

If all your consultant said was "chicken white fish and green and white veg" to sum up 810 I would personally 1. change consultant ASAP and 2. report her to CWP head office. How can anyone follow a plan with such limited information?! There are so many protein options, all different weights and not just chicken and white fish. I'm sure there are more than have been listed here, so will dig out my book shortly and post the whole list. The veg options are vast too and there is a specific total amount. Your consultant has really failed you here, and that is just not acceptable when you are paying her for the service. The money you pay her is for her to fulfill her job as a consultant, not just for purchasing the products. The book also has other info about how long you can do 810 for, the recipes you can use instead of the protein/veg meal, the fluids you can drink, how best to cook the foods and general advice about the plan. And with any Cambridge plan it is so important to follow the plan to the letter for it to work; how can you do that with such limited info? I have been doing 810 for 5 weeks and I'm constantly referring to the book!

Anyway, rant over! But my blood is really boiling on your behalf. And my rationale for reporting her to CWP is so that other poor people don't go to her as a consultant, pay her a lot of money and receive no guidance or support in following the plan...these people may fall at the first hurdle because they haven't had a decent consultant. With the right support and information those people may be really successful with Cambridge but might feel it can't work because of her. I'm 100% sure Cambridge wouldn't want this and would want to do something about it!

Good luck with the plan, get yourself a new consultant who will explain it properly and give you the written info to take away. It's a great plan with great weight loss and you could do so well with the right support :)

70g soya beans, dried weight
80g red lentils, dried weight
80g chickpeas, dried weight
80g black eye beans, dried weight
96g aduki beans, dried weight
190g tuna steak, fresh
225g chickpeas, canned, drained
245g chicken or turkey breast without skin/fat (uncooked weight)
250g pre-cooked prawns
250g plain cottage cheese (less than 5% fat)
260g tinned tuna (in water/brine)
275g white fish fillet
275g Quorn mince or "chicken" pieces (no Quorn burgers, sausages, etc)
325g reduced fat plain cottage cheese (less than 2% fat)
350g steamed tofu
2 large eggs

You can split the protein options if you like, for example I have a tuna and cottage cheese salad with 130g tinned tuna and 125g cottage cheese (half each allowance). Some of the protein options are a lot (particularly the tuna!!) so its good to mix them :)

Back