Stephys Atkins Diary!

Hi! Yes its great I think! Suppose whatever I do I can do some form of potato or pasta or rice side for the kids. My eldest son enjoyed the chicken I did today and the 2 little ones had pasta with peas and grated cheese mixed in with some salady bits on the side. Easy to do that for them while my meal is in the oven :D

Morning Steph love.

Morning Jim. First full day and also a working day so that will keep me busy running round after all the children in my class lol

That'll keep you busy Steph. :D

Well my class certainly kept me on my toes today! Had to sit them down after lunch and go over their behaviour and remind them of good behaviour.......I had an omlette at lunch with a tiny salad and a spoonfull of coleslaw, feel like I have really bad indegestion though and really not hungry at all. In fact the thought of food makes me feel slightly queasy.....dont know if its because I've been doing 24 hours now?

Gonna get the chicken in the oven anyway for our warm chicken and mushroom salad, by the times its cooked and I have picked the children up and been to buy salad I might be in the mood for it. Feeling very tired aswell but I know this can be normal as the body adjusts.

So far so good (I hope) I am enjoying it and thats the main thing! Although I did have an overwhelming urge to eat my kids marshmallows, they looked and smelled so good! I stopped myself though :) Drinking more water today now, need to keep reminding myself. Think the best thing for me is to keep a glass by the kitchen sink and I seem to be too and from it often at home lol

Hi Steph, it's a long road but I found it easier the longer I did it love.

I honestly am enjoying it this time round, I think it has deffo helped being more active on this atkins board and having such nice helpful people around here :D

I am constantly doubting myself though and I dont know why? Feel like I MUST be doing something wrong as it seems too easy.......suppose the scales will tell on Tuesday morning ;)

Morning Steph, LOL, yes it can be a little strange at first, not like a diet at all.

We've had the low fat bandwagon drummed into us for so long & everywhere that it does take a while for the head to follow what the body is telling us. x

Very true, I already feel less bloated and I am only on my 3rd full day. I have been quite naughty though as barely eaten today as been busy, survived off black coffee and half a chicken breast and a small amount of greens. Feel hungry now though so a quick bag of pork scratchings before school run then hoping to make cheeseburger pie for dinner. Depends though as runnning too and fro from school as have to go back at 5 as daughter has film night....hmmm. Hope I manage to cook something or if not then suppose I can whip up a quick omlette :D

Have a cheese omelette Steph.

Good idea, less pressure on myself so less chance of giving into anything BAD. College tomorrow too, so glad we have a great canteen! Nice big tuna mayo salad on the cards for me for lunch, not had fish yet so gonna make sure I have some.

Well I managed to prepare the cheeseburger pie and put it in the oven while I went to pick my daughter up from school! Very excited about trying it. Treated the kids to fish and chips, smells lush but I am not letting one single chip pass my lips!

I am glad I resisted! Also I am in ketosis and it cant be from not eating as did it very recently and I have had plenty to eat now lol. YAY only took 3 days, thought it might take longer.

it's all about getting the balance right. I miss breakfast a lot (always have done) - but that doesn't help lose weight on Atkins for me. Three meals, meat and veg, are what seem to do it.

I struggle with breakfast aswell. I may start doing boiled eggs every few days and keeping them in the fridge to have with some wafter thin ham, easy to grab and quite light on the tummy. Bit bored of bacon, but I am saying that while I am totally satisfied food wise and dont have even the slightest urge to eat.

Morning Steph. Yes you must eat breakfast, gets the body started on fat burning.

Back