Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

hi - back home now - did think of u - how are u feeling - hope ur ok? xx

You did good! I only lost 0.25lb this week - so low it won't even let me register it on here - but I know I've done it lol and every bit helps towards the main goal. Keep going!

Well u did lose - better than sts and million times better than a gain! if ur really sad like me - u can register a 0.3 loss - which I did once and will in the future if it happens again!!

Thanks everyone x I'm plodding on.. will be glad when the weekend is over and ex is moved out and we can make a clean break. This limbo bit is hard. My skin has broken out in a million spots...seriously it's put a paper bag over your head time :( I'm assuming it's the lack of sleep and stress as my diet hasn't been bad and I'm still drinking plenty of water etc. Don't even know what to do as my face is actually sore with them so have just been using the avene gentle cleanser and a light moisturiser. I don't think I've ever had such a bad outbreak not even as a teenager. Any tips welcome :eek: Hope everyone is having a good day and look forward to getting back to normal soon. Had a fast day yesterday and will do one tomorrow so I'm kind of on plan. And thanks for all your kind words...means a lot. x

Hi - yes ur bound to feel with him off the scene - no wonder ur stressed - I googled about spot remedies - on top of what ur doing with water and healthy eating these sounded the most do-able/sensible:

eat lots of dark green veg
orange/yellow fruit and veg for their beta carotene
food which contain zinc eg: shellfish, chicken, sunflower & pumpkin seeds, nuts & pulses
try to get out in the sunlight (if u can find any!)

Ur doing really well so try to keep going and things can only improve for youx

H ello ali. sorry to hear your face is hurting with these spots. It is amazing how our bodies react to hard times when we really need our body to be 100% to help us. You are doing brilliantly to keep up with your diet . well done. The weekend will soon be over and you will get the chance to heal. Thinking of you.

I've been thinking of you Ali, and wishing you well, witchhazel sometimes helps with spots, but can be drying.

I think you're doing so well, keeping on track throughout this emotional upheaval. Hugs. xx

hi - thinking of u - hope ur not feeling too bad?

Hello ali. I hope your brother is still there with you. Ive just read all the posts for the last few days. There are so many people who care how you are coping at this traumatic time. I hope the weekend has gone quickly for you. Mo

Well I haven't managed to get out of my pyjamas the last two days but have managed to surprisingly keep a grip on calories. Haven't fasted this week yet but my calories have been 2000ish a day but maybe not the most balanced of meals...8 mini babybel lights for lunch :rolleyes: Plan on fasting tomorrow and Friday and will see what the scales say again on Saturday. OH is coming with a van to pick up his stuff at the weekend. He emailed me a list of what he wants from the stuff we bought together...basically everything. This is where having a cohabitation agreement (though it seemed highly unromantic and pessimistic at the time) is worth its weight in gold. I am opting to pay him half of what we bought together and keep everything...as per our agreement :D He said he feels I "owe him" as he is the one moving out...the agreement was your idea sonny so you'll just need to suck it up as I'm sticking to it. My brother is coming for the weekend for some moral support while ex OH is here. One thing that makes me sad is how many people think it's ok to tell me how much they didn't like ex OH right from the start just because we've now broken up...do they think that's helpful? Just makes me feel like I've been a blinkered numpty for years only seeing the good.

Haven't had the chance to catch up on diaries but will tomorrow. Nice to see some new people joining this section. I must say that on Minis as a whole there are some random posts and "unique" people and quite a few diaries I don't understand....but I guess the diversity is what makes it so interesting. Even though I love fasting I like to read posts from all over as you can learn so much from other people's experiences. Am hoping once the weekend is over I'll be a bit more positive and back to weight loss tales and less drama.

Hi - I think u have to get thro this the best way you can - would have thought you'll feel better after this weekend - I'm glad ur brother has been there to support you.

Please don't think of yourself as a numpty - presumably there have been happy times - but unfortunately people change and relationships fall apart but in this case it's not your fault and I don't think you had any alternative if you were to hang on to your self respect and anyway why would anyone want to be with someone who could say the things ur ex did. You've got lots of support here - so hope you keep posting! Things can only get betterxx

Hi Ali - saw this and thought of you - hope you don't think it's too cheesy! Take carexx

There comes a time in your life, when you walk away from all the drama and people who create it. You surround yourself with people who make you laugh. Forget the bad, and focus on the good. Love the people who treat you right, pray for the ones who don't. Life is too short to be anything but happy. Falling down is a part of life, getting back up is living.

Well ex OH has left the building. He literally searched every drawer, cupboard (fridge, freezer and loft!!) to make sure he had everything that was his. I gave him a cheque to reimburse him for his half of items we bought together and that is that. The last 6 months were a bit rocky if I'm honest. He got a couple of promotions at work that seemed to go to his head and bring out a side of him I'd never seen and didn't like. I guess we just grew apart and our differences became more prominent. Better to find out now while things were "simpler" to end. As my brother tactfully pointed out...no one's died and life goes on. :rolleyes: My diet has been shocking the past couple of days as my brother doesn't "do" fruit and veg so many a takeaway has been consumed. I weighed Saturday morning before the eating began and I'd lost another 1.2lbs with my 2 fasts last week so I'm hoping with a couple of fasts this week I'll manage a maintain or at least minimise the gain from my brother's bad influence. My spotty faced turned out to be an allergic reaction. My face started to swell, blister and become really itchy so managed to get an appointment with the nurse and it would appear the new shampoo and conditioner I've been using may well be the culprit. Skin is on the mend now, though it is really flaky where the blisters have gone down which makes wearing make up to disguise it really difficult...so I've been staying in! Feeling pretty detached and sort of lost at sea with all the quick changes of the last couple of weeks but hoping I get my mojo back soon. I'm glad I'm losing the weight for me and wasn't doing it for him or a specific occasion as I'm sure I'd have found it harder to regroup. I'm sure if I could get a good couple of nights sleep I'd feel more like "me" so will go and have a read of my book and will catch up on here tomorrow. Many thanks again for all your support xx

Hello ali. Well you certainly have had one of those weeks! You had a difficut weekend but to have an allergic reaction at the same time! I can understand that you are feeling detatched after all of that. At least it is all over. The takeaways wont do harm in the long run. You are so right about losing the weight for yourself. I dont think you can do this for others, if you do you dont seem to keep the motivation when you hit a plateau. I hope as the week unfolds your face starts to heal and your heart too. Take care.

At least you can draw a line now, Ali, and start to move on. And what is a couple of carry outs between friends?? (can't believe he went in the fridge and freezer btw!!) Good luck with fasting this week, loving the strong attitude! Have a great day x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Well ex OH has left the building. He literally searched every drawer, cupboard (fridge, freezer and loft!!) to make sure he had everything that was his. I gave him a cheque to reimburse him for his half of items we bought together and that is that. The last 6 months were a bit rocky if I'm honest. He got a couple of promotions at work that seemed to go to his head and bring out a side of him I'd never seen and didn't like. I guess we just grew apart and our differences became more prominent. Better to find out now while things were "simpler" to end. As my brother tactfully pointed out...no one's died and life goes on. :rolleyes: My diet has been shocking the past couple of days as my brother doesn't "do" fruit and veg so many a takeaway has been consumed. I weighed Saturday morning before the eating began and I'd lost another 1.2lbs with my 2 fasts last week so I'm hoping with a couple of fasts this week I'll manage a maintain or at least minimise the gain from my brother's bad influence. My spotty faced turned out to be an allergic reaction. My face started to swell, blister and become really itchy so managed to get an appointment with the nurse and it would appear the new shampoo and conditioner I've been using may well be the culprit. Skin is on the mend now, though it is really flaky where the blisters have gone down which makes wearing make up to disguise it really difficult...so I've been staying in! Feeling pretty detached and sort of lost at sea with all the quick changes of the last couple of weeks but hoping I get my mojo back soon. I'm glad I'm losing the weight for me and wasn't doing it for him or a specific occasion as I'm sure I'd have found it harder to regroup. I'm sure if I could get a good couple of nights sleep I'd feel more like "me" so will go and have a read of my book and will catch up on here tomorrow. Many thanks again for all your support xx

Hi - you sound more upbeat - which is really good cos everything has been up in the air and out of the blue - you're coping with ur fasts well too which is amazing but the best thing to do.

It'll take a little while to get back fully on ur feet but ur getting there - some wd be under the duvet with a queue of takeaway deliveries at the door - so well done you and glad u've found the cure to ur spots. Carry on as u are and take care of ux

Last edited:
Really glad to hear you sounding positive about everything. I'm sure you'll iron out the take aways in no time.

Don't forget that it's ok to grieve for the relationship that you once had, or even thought you had, I've been there before.

Here's to a great week for you :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi Ali

I have just been reading your thread. Firstly, can I congratulate you on your success with Fasting, and how much your diary has motivated me, you are Awesome :clap::clap:

Secondly, Im so sorry to hear about your recent troubles. I experienced something very similar with my Husband 7 years ago, needless to say, he is now my ex OH. Now I have a beautiful man who met me when I was at my heaviest and loves me unconditionally.

Things will get easier over time, and you certainly don't deserve anyone like that in your life, as one of the ladies already said you sound like a lovely person.

Anyway, Im sorry to but in, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for what you are going through. I will be starting my own diary so Im hoping you may pop in and say hello some time :)

Hello ali. Ive just had a read of your thread to see if you had posted again. I hope you are getting through. There are some really kind posts here. There certainly are some kind people on this site. Ju st to say Im thinkig of you.

At least you can draw a line now, Ali, and start to move on. And what is a couple of carry outs between friends?? (can't believe he went in the fridge and freezer btw!!) Good luck with fasting this week, loving the strong attitude! Have a great day x

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Kitty x He took cheese, ice cream, toilet rolls, soap powder and coffee pods...even though I kept the machine. He said he specifically remembered buying them so they were his!! seemed a bit petty in my opinion :rolleyes:

Hi Ali

I have just been reading your thread. Firstly, can I congratulate you on your success with Fasting, and how much your diary has motivated me, you are Awesome :clap::clap:

Secondly, Im so sorry to hear about your recent troubles. I experienced something very similar with my Husband 7 years ago, needless to say, he is now my ex OH. Now I have a beautiful man who met me when I was at my heaviest and loves me unconditionally.

Things will get easier over time, and you certainly don't deserve anyone like that in your life, as one of the ladies already said you sound like a lovely person.

Anyway, Im sorry to but in, but I just wanted to say how sorry I am for what you are going through. I will be starting my own diary so Im hoping you may pop in and say hello some time :)

Thank you xx Not easy at the minute but I know it will get better...and that I deserve better. Will have a look out for your diary and hope fasting works out well for you :)

Hello ali. Ive just had a read of your thread to see if you had posted again. I hope you are getting through. There are some really kind posts here. There certainly are some kind people on this site. Ju st to say Im thinkig of you.
You are right, lots of lovely people with kind words and support on here. I'm very thankful for it x

Back