Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

I don't know about inspirational....I'm sure I must get on a lot of people's nerves by being so positive!!! ;) But I've struggled with my weight for a long time and it's hard not to be a bit gushy about how well fasting is suiting me. It's no easier for me to lose weight than anyone else. Heck I'm still obese!! There are days when I don't feel like fasting or throw a tantrum about why can't i just eat like normal people without worrying about the calorie content. But I have to remember I got myself in this situation...no one else. And I don't want to be fat. It takes willpower and I'm sure along the way I'll have my slip ups. I started in November wanting to lose weight....and now I know I can and I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I call Monday "fat Monday" upndown as it's when I feel my fattest after the weekend. And I usually avoid the scales like the plague apart from my lightest day...Saturday morning ( post pee, pre breakfast!) But I don't want to be scared of the scales. I want to be able to weigh any day and not feel panicked. So that's why I've picked fat Monday's to weigh as that is as bad as my weight will be and even that weight will go down in a week. As long as the trend is downward I'm happy :)

Monday - DD

Chicken breast fillet with mashed carrot, swede and parsnip with some gravy - 445 calories
Skinny vanilla latte - 50 calories

Total calories for the day - 495

Tomorrow I must achieve something with my day off...even if it's only getting dressed :p

I don't know about inspirational....I'm sure I must get on a lot of people's nerves by being so positive!!! ;) But I've struggled with my weight for a long time and it's hard not to be a bit gushy about how well fasting is suiting me. It's no easier for me to lose weight than anyone else. Heck I'm still obese!! There are days when I don't feel like fasting or throw a tantrum about why can't i just eat like normal people without worrying about the calorie content. But I have to remember I got myself in this situation...no one else. And I don't want to be fat. It takes willpower and I'm sure along the way I'll have my slip ups. I started in November wanting to lose weight....and now I know I can and I can see light at the end of the tunnel.

I call Monday "fat Monday" upndown as it's when I feel my fattest after the weekend. And I usually avoid the scales like the plague apart from my lightest day...Saturday morning ( post pee, pre breakfast!) But I don't want to be scared of the scales. I want to be able to weigh any day and not feel panicked. So that's why I've picked fat Monday's to weigh as that is as bad as my weight will be and even that weight will go down in a week. As long as the trend is downward I'm happy :)

Monday - DD

Chicken breast fillet with mashed carrot, swede and parsnip with some gravy - 445 calories

Tomorrow I must achieve something with my day off...even if it's only getting dressed :p

Lol fat Mondays!! I know what you mean and I think the feeling of the fat day is across the board!

Monday - DD

Don't think ur getting on anyone's nerves - the opposite in fact - u've got a great thread here and that's attracted us! I wdn't bother getting dressed if u don't feel like - u deserve some down time!!

Well done Ali!! :D xx

Sent from my GT-P3110 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Love the pic - is it Castell Coch? (Red Castle to those who aren't Welsh speakers!! I always think it looks like a fairy castle!)

Yes it is. Well spotted :) I got married in there, it's one of my wedding pics x

Fab place & great for a wedding I shd think!

It's such a beautiful place! You can only have a small wedding there but that was perfect for us. x

Hey Ali, you have done so brilliantly well. Yours was one of the first diaries that I read on here, and also one of the most inspirational for me anyway. Here you are almost 5 months on and still enjoying things, and I just know I will feel the same (see, Im using the correct language there lol)

Good luck with the rest of your journey, and I am sure you will keep us entertained for many months and years to come.:)

So yesterday, UD, I only had breakfast and the rest of the day I just picked. Was ok calorie wise but need to make the effort to cook even if it is only for me. Today, DD, was going great guns.... and then I fell face first into a chicken korma :p Oh well, guess I'm fasting tomorrow instead!!

Well done for yest - I think it's tough when ur chilling at home - my mind turns too food too often!! At least u can fast next day - u'll be back in routine when u get back to work so shd be easier??!! Hope ur enjoying ur week off?

My week off has been ok. Been a bit up and down sorting through things and deciding what to bin...and what to stuff in a box till I'm ready to bin it. :rolleyes: Put my bedroom furniture and couches online for sale and sold them within a day :eek: Wasn't anything wrong with them but ex and I chose them together so irrationally I didn't want them any more! Couches were picked up tonight and bedroom stuff is going tomorrow morning. So this weekend will be a trip to IKEA :D Managed a DD on Thursday and trying to convince myself to have my third tomorrow. If I don't will just reduce my weekend calories to come within my weekly calorie pot limit. Planning on giving bedroom a fresh coat of paint over the weekend while I'm sleeping in the spare room. Also want to do some batch cooking for the freezer so I don't fall into the "I can't be bothered only cooking for me" mode and have plenty of good stuff on hand when that mood strikes....and thus rely less on chocolate to fill me up! Had interview this morning. No idea how it went. Is so long since I had such a formal interview and at one point I was aware of myself babbling on too much. Will just need to see what happens and keep my fingers crossed.

My week off has been ok. Been a bit up and down sorting through things and deciding what to bin...and what to stuff in a box till I'm ready to bin it. :rolleyes: Put my bedroom furniture and couches online for sale and sold them within a day :eek: Wasn't anything wrong with them but ex and I chose them together so irrationally I didn't want them any more! Couches were picked up tonight and bedroom stuff is going tomorrow morning. So this weekend will be a trip to IKEA :D Managed a DD on Thursday and trying to convince myself to have my third tomorrow. If I don't will just reduce my weekend calories to come within my weekly calorie pot limit. Planning on giving bedroom a fresh coat of paint over the weekend while I'm sleeping in the spare room. Also want to do some batch cooking for the freezer so I don't fall into the "I can't be bothered only cooking for me" mode and have plenty of good stuff on hand when that mood strikes....and thus rely less on chocolate to fill me up! Had interview this morning. No idea how it went. Is so long since I had such a formal interview and at one point I was aware of myself babbling on too much. Will just need to see what happens and keep my fingers crossed.

Hope u get the job - if that's what u want.

I think it's a really good idea to change things around - u'll benefit mentally from the physical changes to ur home!

I also think when we have the right food in, it really helps us - as u say it's too easy to grab 'naughty' things after work/when we're tired etc - ur moving on which is a good thing and ur doing really well - be proud!!

Nothing irrational about it, Ali, sounds perfectly sane to me.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Thanks Kitty x I know I can't fix everything by getting rid of some furniture but at least the new stuff I'm getting won't remind me of memories every time I look at them. Plus who can resist a trip to IKEA!! :p

Hope u get the job - if that's what u want.

I think it's a really good idea to change things around - u'll benefit mentally from the physical changes to ur home!

I also think when we have the right food in, it really helps us - as u say it's too easy to grab 'naughty' things after work/when we're tired etc - ur moving on which is a good thing and ur doing really well - be proud!!

Don't know if I want the job or not to be honest but at least it is giving me some interview practice as I'm a bit rusty. x

So DD today. Been a bit of a struggle. Didn't sleep well so a touch on the grumpy side! Last of stuff I sold was picked up this morning and then I headed to IKEA to buy some new furniture....new bed, bedroom furniture, sofas....and a whole load of bits and bobs I couldn't resist but really didn't need. Waiting on delivery date being confirmed but should be this coming week. Kept all my calories for this evening and had a baked potato, massive salad and some oven baked salmon. Came in at 490 calories. It's weird but because it's a Saturday night I'm finding it tough as I usually only fast on a week day rather than at weekend. Normally I just switch off about food on a fast day but tonight I'm just sitting thinking about everything I want. It's all in my head purely down to the day of the week...madness! So I'm going to dye my hair, do my nails, have a bath and then get an early night to try and distract me. Have a food shop being delivered in the morning so that's something to look forward to :D

Did you see the thing on the other night about people who don't have a good night's sleep eat about 35% more the next day than those who do get a good night's sleep. I'm a terrible sleeper so going to blame that!

Thanks Kitty x I know I can't fix everything by getting rid of some furniture but at least the new stuff I'm getting won't remind me of memories every time I look at them. Plus who can resist a trip to IKEA!! :p

Don't know if I want the job or not to be honest but at least it is giving me some interview practice as I'm a bit rusty. x

So DD today. Been a bit of a struggle. Didn't sleep well so a touch on the grumpy side! Last of stuff I sold was picked up this morning and then I headed to IKEA to buy some new furniture....new bed, bedroom furniture, sofas....and a whole load of bits and bobs I couldn't resist but really didn't need. Waiting on delivery date being confirmed but should be this coming week. Kept all my calories for this evening and had a baked potato, massive salad and some oven baked salmon. Came in at 490 calories. It's weird but because it's a Saturday night I'm finding it tough as I usually only fast on a week day rather than at weekend. Normally I just switch off about food on a fast day but tonight I'm just sitting thinking about everything I want. It's all in my head purely down to the day of the week...madness! So I'm going to dye my hair, do my nails, have a bath and then get an early night to try and distract me. Have a food shop being delivered in the morning so that's something to look forward to :D

Well done - enjoy ur beauty session - hope u sleep well tonight!

Did you see the thing on the other night about people who don't have a good night's sleep eat about 35% more the next day than those who do get a good night's sleep. I'm a terrible sleeper so going to blame that!

Never saw that but will use it as my go to excuse for being a greedy b*tch in future! :p

Another day done. In bed being a stereotypical single woman watching Bridget Jones :rolleyes:

Back