Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

People get very sanctimonious about their own diet, I think we're all guilty of it, but it can be very hard to listen to. We have to do what works for us and that's different for each person. You have found what works for you (and I think I have too) but some people just can't take that.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

I'm in the same boat! Very annoyed at some comments! We're all here to lose weight and there's far too many diets to say any one is right. We're all different, complex individuals! Don't tell me my way is wrong! Grrrr now ill step off my soap box! Haha! Hope you get a great result on the scales. Xxx

They clearly need to do their reading. I have a friend who says similar to me & that at this stage in my journey 13lbs in 6 weeks isn't right. This I feel is due to jealousy as we were both similar weights but she's been messing about with SW whereas I've been focussed. I'm just ignoring her & determined to stick with it x

I've not told anyone I'm doing intermittent fasting other than my mum, can't be bothered dealing with people's negativity!

I would support anyone in any way that they wanted to diet (saying that...if it made them ill or way underweight I would tactfully say something...the key word being tactfully!) I wouldn't care if people wanted to just cut out snacks and biscuits with a cuppa or join slimming world or eat off a kid's plate with toddler cutlery!!.. I'd support them and encourage them as doing something is better than doing nothing. It is down to personal choice and what works best for each person. I LOVE fasting...would love everyone to give it a go....but I'd never force the idea on someone. If someone was looking to lose weight I'd mention how well it works for me and explain the basic principals...but then I'd leave it at that to let them make up their own mind and support them with whatever they decided on. But it seems when you mention fasting the majority of reactions are negative...and people feel they have the right to be very vocal whether they've been asked to or not. I'm not starving, malnourished and I'm losing weight at a sensible rate...and that's purely down to fasting. People who judge something or someone without having done some research make me pinging mad!! Even when my friend made that comment to me I said nothing about the fact she is not giving her body anything near what it needs... And I'll admit I find it hard hearing the negativity from people who have a weight problem and are doing nothing or from people who may not have a weight problem but who's diets are atrocious with no fruit or veg in sight. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

*deep calming breath*

So weigh in. I managed a 0.2lb loss which is better than the maintain I was hoping for...though more psychologically as 0.2 is tiny in the scheme of things. Easter is now successfully passed :) Have had a good UD. Really need to get back to posting my food as I'm still tending to be a bit snacky rather than eating meals as such and I think writing it down makes you more conscious of that. I tend to forget what I've had when I just keep nibbling on things...and that is the slippery slope :eek:. Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

Thanks everyone x Fast day successfully completed and weigh in looms in the morning! Last Saturday and Sunday were good food wise, Monday and Tuesday were awful!, Wednesday fasted, Thursday was a well controlled UD ....can I scrape a maintain??? I must admit if I read one more post or hear one more comment on how intermittent fasting is "starvation" and "dangerous" and "unhealthy" I think I'm going to scream. Why do people feel if you are on a diet they have a right to stick their nose in and tell you how you should be doing it and pointing out how you are getting it all wrong....especially when they are ignorant and ill informed to make a comment as they know nothing at all about fasting!! My favourite comment was from a "friend" who is doing SW and told me I was "starving myself to death"... this from someone who will only do red days, faints at the sight of a carb, lives on salad and averages less than 800 calories a day...but because she is following the "rules" she says it's healthy....IT ISN'T!! *steps off :soapbox:*

Yes I find it infuriating too - I think some of it stems from jealousy - part from ignorance but when ppl speak in a sanctimonious fashion - that's just plain rude!! As other have said here - we're all different, have varied lifestyles so we all just need to do what suits us! So shove off to all the critics - esp Mothers eh?

People will always criticise other people in all aspects if life to make themselves feel better, it winds me up so much but I'm trying to learn to rise above it but it's easier said than done!

What I find funny, is that sometimes I catch myself thinking those very thoughts, it's so ingrained in us. I find this diet harder mentally than physically. I rarely get hungry on a fast day, but my mind still tells me to eat. I actually have to remind myself that for thousands of years we wouldn't have eaten regularly, and that it's fine!

Going to ignore people who dislike fasting and try and make me feel as if I'm doing something wrong....I LOVE IT! :happy036:

Thankfully today was the last family get together for a while...have had my fill of my mother. Someone said how well I was looking with the weight I've lost ...always think that's a polite way of saying you looked awful before!!...to which my mother replied that she can't see any difference and I look just the same. I could seriously strangle her some days. Was tempted to weigh myself in the middle of the room to prove a point...but I was fully dressed and it wasn't first thing in the morning post pee...my golden rules for weighing :p

Today's food - UD

Breakfast - All bran, banana, skimmed milk

Lunch - Vegetable soup ( carrots, onion, celery, sweet potato, butternut squash and cannellini beans)
2 wholemeal salad rolls (lettuce, cucumber, tomato, radish and light mayo)

Dinner - Chicken, new potatoes, carrots, green beans, baby sweetcorn, gravy and bread sauce

Snacks - Creme egg
Packet of cheesy puffs

Decent days food and ready for the week ahead :)

I spent Saturday out shopping with my Mother so I feel your pain (why can't you look like that, why don't you wear a skirt/heels/more make up etc)
I love fasting too, if it works for you then that's all that matters and how jealous will they all be when you're at goal?
I have a big dog which helps with the walking but even when he's not with me (he doesn't walk fast enough) I just put the head down and keep walking anyway. I find it very therapeutic and put the whole world to rights when I'm out!

I'll just need to suck it up and get out walking more. Being in a small village I just seem to go round and round the same bit! Mothers...they should come with warning labels! I'm sure when I get to goal she'll say I'm still fat :rolleyes:

Today has been an ok day. Woke up with 8 mouth ulcers...yes...EIGHT!! I think it might have been the new toothpaste I started. I seem to be having allergic reactions to everything these days. No idea why but going to get a GP appointment. He'll say it's hormones...he blames everything on hormones...sure I'm a woman what else could it possibly be :rolleyes: So eating has been uncomfortable today so just stuck to soup...three bowlfuls which came in at 465 calories, so first fast of the week done and dusted. After today's steps I have 2 days to do just short of 14,000 to hit my target. Is pathetic how little I move now I'm working from home. Have ordered a hula hoop though :D

Bless you. I'm lucky that my mum fasts & has lost a stone getting down to 8:7 (she is only 4ft 10) & so she is really supportive but last night my pt at the gym told me off for it. In one sentence told me how great I was looking but when I told her how she wasn't happy!

Tuesday - UD

Breakfast - all bran, banana, skimmed milk

Lunch - cheese, ham and tomato toasties

Dinner - Salmon steak done with soy, garlic, ginger, chilli, spring onions and sesame seeds. Served with rice and green beans

Snacks - Peaches and greek yogurt with a drizzle of honey
3 mini babybel lights

Managed to get a GP appointment for Thursday. Eating has been a challenge today as mouth really sore...toasties weren't the best of ideas :rolleyes: Quiet day really but managed to get out for a walk this evening so only need 6,000 odd steps tomorrow to hit my target. Really tired tonight so heading to bed a bit earlier than usual...well, early for me!!

Good luck with the GP, hope your mouth is feeling better soon (gargle with salt water, not too much salt) Food looks good! love toasties...

Salt water was far better than what chemist gave me..Bonjela Cool...I actually cried for about 10 minutes with the pain after applying it, no joke pure agony.

Wednesday - DD

2 bowls of porridge and a lot of water and cooled down tea.

Calories- Well less than 500

Mouth is soooooo sore...another 5 mouth ulcers came up near the back of my throat and tonsils. And I've got weird bruises on my shins??? Doctor in morning. Made my step challenge...just. Can't believe tomorrow it's going to be May already...where is this year going!

I reay hope everything's okay? I used to suffer a lot from ulcers and cold sores ( cold sores in my nostrils too ) after watching embarrassing bodies a few years ago I discovered it could be a vitamin b deficiency. I started taking berocca, every morning and what a difference! I still suffer the odd one, but it's more every few months ( and only 1 ) rather than 3 or 4 every few weeks. Worth a try? Great day yesterday, hope today's a good one too! Xxx

Back