Steps In The Right Direction...86.6lbs Lost Fasting

Aaw bless you, you do need a food shop! Can you do an online one? Really hope your better soon xxx

You'd think lying about all day I'd update here more often?? Must admit feel like total pants. I have serious respect for anyone who has any kind of joint pain or arthritis or the like. My joints are killing me particularly my knees and hips... but weirdly my elbows and toes too! I'm lucky that it will clear up quickly for me don't know how anyone copes with chronic pain. I'm like a junkie sitting waiting on my next dose of painkillers when they start to wear off and to see me shuffle to the bathroom you'd think I was a hundred. I'm fine when I'm lying down...just can't move easily. And trying to sleep with your legs elevated is uncomfy. On the plus side mouth ulcers are on the way out and apart from the joint pain and that my lower legs look like red, shiny, lumpy, overstuffed sausages that's all the symptoms I should get with this. Boss at work was unhappy with my sick note and said could I not just work anyway as I work from home...so I sent him a picture of my shins in their full glory with the word no :D Proved quite effective! Have done my normal 2 fast days so far this week but have upped my calories on them to 750 as I need to have something to eat when I take the painkillers. I haven't adjusted my UDs though as I had read elsewhere that others found you could have up to 750 calories on a DD and still lose the same...will find out on Saturday. Going to try and get back into a normal routine of getting up and dressed tomorrow as I think it would do me good. Will need to do an online shop and could do something more productive than flick from one bad daytime tv programme to another for hours on end :eek:

Oh gosh - u do sound in a bad way - pain is so draining isn't it - glad the ulcers are on the way out tho' - I'm v impressed that ur still sticking to the plan - when I'm ill I have 3 rules indulge, indulge, indulge - even mouth ulcers & sore throats don't stop me - I'd be ordering something soft and creamy online - so well done to u!! Take it easy and hopefully u'll recover v soonx

Thanks for your kind wishes xx

So, Yesterday's UD food

Breakfast - All bran mixed with rice krispies, skimmed milk...no banana and not enough of either cereal for a portion

Lunch - Pot noodle :eek: , 2 slices of toast with marmite, penguin biscuit (had gone all soft and tasted weird...still ate it!!)

Dinner - 2 fish fingers, 3 chicken dippers, 1 sausage, half a dozen oven chips, a decidedly dodgy looking waffle and a tin of beans

Snacks- 1 babybel light, stale tea biscuits, a dry ryvita, packet of stale crisps

Safe to say I need to get a shop in :rolleyes: Literally surviving on the dregs of what was in the freezer and cupboards. Had been running them down as was planning on spring cleaning kitchen etc Rotten day's food

Today's food- DD

Stale tea biscuits
Noodles with laughing cow melted into them :sign0137:

2 babybel light

4 teaspoons of sugar eaten straight from the packet :ashamed0005:

Calorie wise it may have been ok but absolutely minging food past 2 days. Shopping is being delivered tomorrow morning :gimi:

Poor u - have to admit ur food does sound gross - but enjoy ur delivery in the morning!! Love how u dealt with ur boss's daft suggestion to work as normal!!

Weirdly upndown I don't feel that hungry as usually I'm the same and see illness as an excuse to comfort eat :rolleyes: Don't really "want" anything, just eating because I need to. Brother dropped off some shopping this morning Carrie to tide me over till Tesco shop is delivered on Sunday afternoon. I gave him a list..he forgot it and used his initiative :rolleyes: So I've skittles , pringles, bacon, thick white bread, real butter, ice cream and a lot of microwave meals...glad it's not a fasting weekend.

So weigh in this morning and 2lbs off. Really happy with that as I upped my DD calories to 750 and it hasn't really had much effect. So I've been fasting for exactly 6 months now and I've just reached the four stone lost mark. Most weeks 3 fasts, some weeks only 2. I so wish I had discovered fasting years ago. It suits me to a t. When I started I was just giving it a go but now can't see I'll ever do anything else. Will use it to maintain when I get there. It really is the perfect fit for me as I never really feel like I'm on a diet as such.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. x

wow - 4 stone off is a real achievement - so well done - u don't say how ur feeling but hope ur on the up? Brilliant that u lost 2 this week - as u say fasting def suits u!!

Brilliant, really well done, you're such an inspiration. I feel exactly the same about fasting. Even when I have a bad day getting back on track is so easy.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

So cupboards and fridge and freezer are stocked up again so no excuse for rancid make do meals. I'm having a fat day. Think it's because I feel really grim today. Tried to go out in car to pick up a newspaper and couldn't manage to bend to get in the blooming car. Joints are killing me. The painkillers are making me fuzzy headed and are starting to irritate my stomach even though I always make sure to eat something when taking them. I'm so over this now :( I was happy yesterday at hitting the 4 stone mark but my mood seems to have plummeted as I know there is still a long road ahead. I look in the mirror and although I know there are changes as clothes have gotten smaller I still feel like a a big fat blob...I am still obese to be fair. I do have a genuine concern that I won't like my body even when I get to target. I've damaged and abused it over the years with food and it's never going to look like I haven't...if that makes sense? And then I watched a documentary which said that people who have been obese and dieted to a healthy weight will always need around 20% less calories than someone who has always been a healthy weight even if they are the same size and weight...depressing! I'd read this before as a theory on why it is so hard to maintain target weight but it seems studies have been done now to prove it.

Don't know what I'm doing fast wise this week. I had planned when I got to this stage to have a couple of weeks eating at TDEE as that is supposedly good for your body when you've been dieting for a while, before I start the next stretch of weight loss. Now I don't know.

Really I'm just in a stinking mood today!!

Sorry I wrote that on the page before and it looked like I was ignoring your post above. I think you will feel better as your skin goes back. I know I thought I looked like Mrs Blobby but as my skin has toned to fit my new shape it's got better. I'm rowing everyday now to tame my 10 pregnancies, two sets of twins stomach. I think eating to TDEE is a great idea. I know it was suggested to me when I stalled fasting and it worked for a kick start again. More importantly ((hugs)) for the feeling down and off. It was bound to happen cos you are poorly and in pain. Just think how far you have come instead of how far you have to go. You've got less to lose then you've lost.

(((hugs))) for you. Pain is the quickest thing in the world to get you down and that's what's going on. Give yourself a break, you're doing great and this is a tough time but it WILL pass.
Ladybird 10 pregnancies?? 2 sets of twins?? WOW!! What age are they all now??

Please try to cut yourself some slack, you are achieving your goals. Rather now than in another few years when you say you'd wished you'd came across 5:2 sooner. You have! Your doing it! With amazing results! Xxx

We all have our off days...even me. Can't always be little miss positive pooping rainbows and glitter. You're right Kitty the pain is really wearing me down. I know I've done well so far with my weight loss, I haven't lost sight of that. I was just being honest with how I'm feeling today. Losing weight for me is more than just a number on the scale. It's a whole complicated mess of emotions, anxieties and years of hiding behind my size. I'm exhausted, sore and fed up. Had a good cry, inhaled some chocolate and took my painkillers. Will decide what to do food wise in the morning.

Having a good cry and inhaling some chocolate sounds like just what the doctor ordered. I hope you're feeling better soon x

(((hugs))) for you. Pain is the quickest thing in the world to get you down and that's what's going on. Give yourself a break, you're doing great and this is a tough time but it WILL pass.
Ladybird 10 pregnancies?? 2 sets of twins?? WOW!! What age are they all now??

Youngest two are 15 and eldest 24. Getting into size 12 is a bit of a miracle for me lol.

So have decided to eat at TDEE for a couple of weeks like I planned. I've been reading a lot about diet breaks and eating more to lose weight so going to give it a go. Worse case scenario is I put on a couple of pounds which in the grand scheme of things is nothing. Will then give me the bones of 7 months to get to target with going back to 3 fasts weekly.

So many calculators to work out your TDEE and even then it is only an estimate as everyone is different. I decided to go with RMR rather than BMR as it can be more realistic apparently(?) and set my activity level at sedentary (couch potato) to give me a TDEE of 1796 calories a day. So that's what I'm aiming for daily. Think I'm going to find it harder than fasting as I like my UDs where I can have nice nibbles watching tv in the evening. Bye bye syrup sponge puddings for a couple of weeks! Will still weigh on a Saturday and while I hope to maintain will be honest and report any gain.

Back